Ben12

The Autobahn/ Highway Patrol Mod

Highway Patrol Mod  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you like this to be made?

• A lot.
    • Somewhat.
    • A little.
    • Not at all.
  2. 2. How would you like themes (i.e. special version for holidays that has snow, for say Christmas, and the like)?

• A lot.
    • Somewhat.
    • A little.
    • Not at all.

Please message me if you would like to contribute/ help/ ect. I need 2 scripters and 1 person to make a map, but anyone who wants to help will almost certainly be accepted.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

Mod Progress Statement: Getting a team together, trying to find models/ maps. 

Map 0%

Models 0%

Scripts 0%

Stufs: 0%

Well hello there, friends! Today I introduce to you a new concept: The Autobahn Mod. I know I've been silent for quite some time but that's because I've been thinking...

I've always noticed that no one seems to bother making actual, NEW, interesting mods, but rather submods that are retextures of the LA Mod or the Mayberry Mod or [insert popular mod name here] Mod. Not to say these mods are bad, some are pretty decent when it comes to textures, but what they lack is creativity. They are simply retextures, with no new features or cars or ideas or anything of that sort. There's also the occasional new city, but they usually don't have any new features...

...but the Autobahn/ Highway Patrol mod focuses on making a new idea.

As far as I know, no one has made a specific mod based solely on a Highway Patrol concept. And it may seem like "That is just... not reasonable, if you want to add new features and stuff."

Well, the Berlin mod is something that breaks the rules of normal EM4. It's my inspiration.
The Autobahn Police Simulator, a failed attempt at this in full 3D, is my motive. A sub game, that is almost a full game in itself.
I have the ideas. I can do some of the work. I don't expect you to help me from the start, but here's what I'd appreciate:

• a scripter or two
  • someone who would like to get their work published (American, German cars accepted)
  • lightbars for both american and german cars (they are hard to find)
  • And a map of a highway, if you made one and want it in a mod
  • All helpers will be credited.

Ideas:
Traffic advisors that have words on them in real life, telling you to pull over and stuff

They say stuff like STOP and PULL OVER and FOLLOW ME, ect. Would force the driver to get on the same path as the police car, for follow, for pull over it would be to a point on the shoulder, via forced path

Traffic cones, flares, and such that actually make traffic go around them
forced path thing again

Having to do a proper investigation of a crash, including license check and drunk test
using the notification bar at the top for the license/ drinks test

Play as an officer, not a dispatcher
You only control a single officer (maybe two)

Use a radio to call for prisoner transports, ambulances, firetrucks, tow trucks, backups, radio statuses, license checks, and practically everything you could do with a radio
easy with the action menu

Do pull overs and special events (carjacking, drug trafficking, ect.)
pull overs already explained, carjacking is vanilla, drugs trade call would probably be a script or something

Eat a meal :) No, really, to regain health.

a script that lets you click on a food stand, go there, get food, regain health

Assist fellow virtual officers -AI, but in my dreams its multiplayer :)
you will probably need to control backup and fire dep./ambulance co. multiplayer im not sure will work

Live the life of a highway patrol officer in a simulation game that wasn't designed for that but still works... very well.
Already explained.  

Have fun, drink a soda, give feedback, and support this idea! :happy::drink:

"I've always noticed that no one seems to bother making actual, NEW, interesting mods, but rather submods that are retextures of the LA Mod or the Mayberry Mod or [insert popular mod name here] Mod. Not to say these mods are bad, some are pretty decent when it comes to textures, but what they lack is creativity. They are simply retextures, with no new features or cars or ideas or anything of that sort. There's also the occasional new city, but they usually don't have any new features..."

Before complaining about other mods first bring out a fully functional mod yourself. Otherwise you don´t have the right to complain about submods and more.

Exact same story both here and on the lcpdfr forum. The hostile attitude towards anyone who dared making a reskin was one of the reasons why I switched to EM4. Should I start looking for yet another forum with a more friendly community that doesn't feel the need to trash other people contributions? Should I stop now since I don't have the skills to create something truly innovative?

On topic, I like the idea of the mod, but how will you make AI cars pull over for example? 

Exact same story both here and on the lcpdfr forum. The hostile attitude towards anyone who dared making a reskin was one of the reasons why I switched to EM4. Should I start looking for yet another forum with a more friendly community that doesn't feel the need to trash other people contributions? Should I stop now since I don't have the skills to create something truly innovative?

On topic, I like the idea of the mod, but how will you make AI cars pull over for example? 

I am not trying to trash contributions, as I'm only saying that they lack new ideas. What I was thinking was making a command that when pressed on the car, made the car pull over by forcing it to take a path to a stopping point on the highway. Basically either change the path or make an invisible police officer  that redirects the car off to the side, kind of like the berlin mod where you make a path for the cars to follow when you get a real officer to direct them away from an accident. More realistic that original em4 redirection.

Well the thing is that he is right, and like alot of submods are just reskins, I CAN make it, But im way to lazy for it since it is the same mod over and over again.

#Ben, What can you do youreself?

A lot. I do mostly skins and mapping (I am really good with making scenes really realistic) and a little scripting. I would try modelling, but I'm no expert with German cars, at least not enough to make a quality model that looks decent enough.

Hey, I am not saying its a bad thing!

Heck, Almost all modders started with reskins, If i would have to start modding i would start with reskinning.

But yeah, The idea is pretty intresting Just wondering how you would make that.

A lot of scripts and similar. From difficult (which is why i need the scripter) to stuff i can do by myself.

I will say this, good luck on this project but it is not possible

and the name speaks of the German rescue units

And why wouldnt it be possible? It is because people think outside the box, the game keeps intresting.

For example, LA Mod has some thigns which were tought imposible..

Like Wegberg mod, Is a game itself only usees em4 as a engine etc.

Good luck buddy, Dont listen to people who say it is imposible, It is posible but you have a hard long way to go.

And why wouldnt it be possible? It is because people think outside the box, the game keeps intresting.

For example, LA Mod has some thigns which were tought imposible..

Like Wegberg mod, Is a game itself only usees em4 as a engine etc.

Good luck buddy, Dont listen to people who say it is imposible, It is posible but you have a hard long way to go.

So we'll see if he has time for everything

remember life is always in the first place.

Well The Volume, I understand the stuff about you thinking I can't do this. I definitely can't do this alone. Most people can't. But I can do a lot.

Also, what do you mean "name speaks of the German rescue units"? It's just the German highway police, not all rescue units. There will be fire/paramedics that are used as secondary resources, but mainly only police.

The concept is the same, but the gameplay is still EM4- like. If I wanted to do that, I'd just make another game :)

Anyways, good luck with the mod, it sounds really interresting. 

Have you decided what county you want to make? Is it german Autobahn or will you use another county?

It will be several countries. Germany, American, and I'm thinking about British/ Canadian highway patrols. More may come.

Cool thanks for answering my question:)

You're welcome! I try to answer every question, as I feel everyone should have a right to know reasonable things about the mod

I changed my mind good luck;)

Well, thanks! I hope to make good on the mod. Actually, I don't hope, I will. In the empowering sense. 

So will you have different versions like 1 version for american, 1 version for germany and 1 version for canadian or no?

Depends on what happens. If I create a mission- based script mod, then no, you will be able to pick different countries from the mission menu, which is probably what is going to happen. If by some reason I create a mod that has scripts inside the freeplay, like the LA mod, then you will have to download separate mods.