The Governor

EM 5's most recent update - can someone confirm the new missions?

Also, as I purchased the game through STEAM,  is anyone already familiar with this very same update through STEAM? Although STEAM mentioned the update on its site http://steamcommunity.com/games/328140/announcements/detail/89302831101200063, I have not been able to find and download the update. So, if anyone could advise me in this matter, I would be most grateful. As I remember with earlier Steam updates for this game, STEAM had these updates installed automatically - and when it happend I was always able to watch the process. And so far, none of that happened... 

I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!!  :holdglass:

Robert.

I've played for a few hours after the update went out, and I've not seen ANYTHING new aside from the keyboard shortcuts.  Can someone confirm if the update actually has new vehicles/missions as the post stated?

Mission and new vechiles are part of the paid DLC em2016. WHich is $6 till OCt 19. Game play changes where add to em5. Such as the new tape, shortcuts etc.

Where do you get the paid dlc from. Steam removed all associations with em5. Now it simply says em2016.

Gotta love steam they want everyone to buy this new game and by the time it is fixed they will then make em6 or em2017.

Also love that the dlc is only on sale for a few days and we still have to pay for it. It all should have been free for those that already have the game.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Hi guys,

Although I agree with you all, that this update should be for free, I do know that STEAM allows you to buy this game now with a shaming  :blush: 10% discount http://store.steampowered.com/tag/nl/Simulatie/#p=0&tab=NewReleases on its original price (€ 39.99): € 35.99. 

Although, I am NOT really certain about this, I DO am afraid that the second discount offer is only for those who purchased EM5 through STEAM earlier this year. So now, STEAM also offers its EM5 customers a 85% discount http://store.steampowered.com/app/404920/ on its original price. EM2016 would then "only" cost you: € 5.99.

Be advised however: the 85% discount offer only stands for the next 27 hours,

For what its worth...  :mad:

Cheers!!

Robert  :holdglass:

Also love that the dlc is only on sale for a few days and we still have to pay for it. It all should have been free for those that already have the game.

No, it shouldn't! EMERGENCY 2016 is a DLC with new missions, a new setting and a new vehicle. Owners of EMERGENCY 5 are able to get all technical updates, gameplay improvements and new freeplay and multiplayer missions for FREE with the update 2.0.1 for EM5.

I do know that STEAM allows you to buy this game now with a shaming  :blush: 10% discount http://store.steampowered.com/tag/nl/Simulatie/#p=0&tab=NewReleases on its original price (€ 39.99): € 35.99. 

The most important thing before writing: Unterstanding how things work. So we have EMERGENCY 2016 as paid DLC and patch 2.0.1 as free update for EM5. Technical EMERGENCY 2016 and EM5 are the same, the difference are additional missions and the medieval level and the new vehicle.

If you already own EM5 and you've purchased it with Steam, you can get the new content for € 5,99. The offer is limited in time (Deep Silver sale at Steam), but the update won't cost more than € 9.99 in the future. If you own a box version of EMERGENCY 5 you can get the update for € 9,99 at Amazon.

If you don't have EMERGENCY 5 yet, you can buy the standard version of EMERGENCY 2016 for € 35,99 (Deep Silver sale at Steam) or regular € 39,99. Then you get the content from EMERGENCY 5 Deluxe and the new content from EMERGENCY 2016 for only 40 bucks.

Screw the developers.  Seriously, I'm so sick of getting screwed over by crappy developers.  Instead of PROPERLY compensating EM5 buyers with completely free EM16 content, we still have to pay for a brand new TITLE that is the exact same game, just with new updates and bug fixes that EM5 HAS NEEDED FOR A LONG TIME!

I've had enough of this garbage.  I'm done buying any game unless it has positive or overwhelming positive reviews.  Guess you really can't put an faith in the developers of today.

The most important thing before writing: Unterstanding how things work. 

Like I said: "I am NOT really certain about this (...)". I only reacted on both prices that were shown on the STEAM website, also trying to point out the 85% discount offer. I didn't do any research for any other (web)stores with their price offers for this game, like you apparently did. So, thank you for that! I am sure that many future buyers will benefit from your input.  ;)

Cheers!!   :holdglass:

Robert