RestingVermin

Da Bronx Modification [NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT]

Yeah Firebuff that signature image is far too large so you have to scale it down because it's just way too large.  Check the TOS for the size restrictions on banners and you'll be fine with it.  As it stands it's too big since there are users on crappy connections and/or mobile that don't need to have their bandwidth chewed for signatures like that.  Such is why we have the size restriction.

KME MODEL Very soon to be completed.

Now I have really gotten comfortable  with modeling and it's fun. I strongly advise other modders that haven't learned to model to go and take your time and learn! The best tutorial if your gonna use zmodeler is itchboys tutorial. That's what I did and I am now here making my own models. Sure I had alot of questions but I got them answered so I could proceed with this. Thank you itchboy for posting the tutorial and answering my questions and feedback And thank you Mikey for answering my questions as well as giving feedback.

Polys: 1201

bandicam 2016-07-09 23-57-32-830.jpg

bandicam 2016-07-09 23-57-35-596.jpg

Thank you for fixing your signature banner it is appreciated, firebuff you'll have to fix yours as well.

Onto your model; The reason the shading seems off is because it is lol... What you have to do is a method where you essentially "split" the model into pieces disconnecting flat components from rises like the tire fenders, hard angles like 90 degree L shapes and all of that.  It's a ton of trial and error to get the shading right, but it's an important step to make sure the light bounces off the model correctly.  Basically what you wanna do is "cut" the model into segments disconnecting pieces that have any type of "hard" line to them, so things like the fenders anything with an L shape where it's drastically changing direction are no longer linked to the same vertices.  Yes this will increase the vertice count, but not the polygonal count of the model (which is more important to be honest).  If you do this the model will lose the drastic dark spots where it goes from light to harsh dark on the same relatively "flat" panel as seen on the model.  Doing this will help make it look better even though it takes time to do it.  Once you've split it and the shading looks decent and relatively smooth across the body of the truck then you can reconnect all the pieces to make it a single object again (just don't re-connect the vertices); ensure you do one last normals calculation on the vehicle and it should look much better as far as the shading goes.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

3a.PNG

I would suggest you use the one that Vermin was so kind to create and publish on the first page of this topic since his is compliant with the rules.  Yours you'd have to remove or a staffer will remove them from you (kinda giving you a shot to fix it yourself here).

18 hours ago, Firebuff319 said:

Im sorry, I am changing it now.

And can you give me credit on the front page please.

done

18 hours ago, MikeyPI said:

Thank you for fixing your signature banner it is appreciated, firebuff you'll have to fix yours as well.

Onto your model; The reason the shading seems off is because it is lol... What you have to do is a method where you essentially "split" the model into pieces disconnecting flat components from rises like the tire fenders, hard angles like 90 degree L shapes and all of that.  It's a ton of trial and error to get the shading right, but it's an important step to make sure the light bounces off the model correctly.  Basically what you wanna do is "cut" the model into segments disconnecting pieces that have any type of "hard" line to them, so things like the fenders anything with an L shape where it's drastically changing direction are no longer linked to the same vertices.  Yes this will increase the vertice count, but not the polygonal count of the model (which is more important to be honest).  If you do this the model will lose the drastic dark spots where it goes from light to harsh dark on the same relatively "flat" panel as seen on the model.  Doing this will help make it look better even though it takes time to do it.  Once you've split it and the shading looks decent and relatively smooth across the body of the truck then you can reconnect all the pieces to make it a single object again (just don't re-connect the vertices); ensure you do one last normals calculation on the vehicle and it should look much better as far as the shading goes.

Is this good? I just really normal calculated some polygons. But I'll definitely do what you said if this is kinda of as well. 

bandicam 2016-07-10 18-38-35-477.jpg

I circled the problem areas that are visible at the angle you captured it at; chances are there are more of them but they only become visible when the light strikes it a certain way(does this on all models).  See how harshly it gets dark on these spots i've circled, its because of the normals essentially splitting the difference between the two to three sides that are linked.  Instead of it saying okay this is the front so it should be lit this way, this is the top, this is the front etc it just goes well they're sharing the vertice so they should share the light.  The result is the normals skew off at a 45 degree angle instead of being a flat 90 degree on a hard right angle because it's calculating the difference for the flat front and flat side so it angles the shading splitting the diff on the two.  Because of that you end up with the "hard" lighting effect you see circled.  You split the model so those "drastic" angle changes are no longer linked together (vertice wise) they will cease to have the drastic hard light shift that you currently see.  See image below for examples of where it's doing it.  Ideally you want to minimize the times you see this type of lighting happening so the thing looks good when lighting is applied from the ambient environment.  Normals should appear as smoothly as possible on a vehicle, though some places in particular b/c of trying to limit the poly count no matter what there is going to be some deflection.  But you def. don't want the really harsh light to dark transitions which you can see for ex on A and B and near the L on the lower right of the rear hose portion of the truck.

Capture.PNG

38 minutes ago, EmC-Unit said:

Shift+Scale option + CLick on the moddel, than you put in percents % how much  you wish to scale it (Would be good if you import that moddel from editor on your pic so you can see the actuall scaling). Gj on the moddel!

Thank you. I realized that for whatever reason the model scaled bigger when I exported it and I have now scaled it down again.

Poly count on KME: 3738

• Upvote 1

I quick little update.

Multiple Polls have been added! make a decisions and vote please : )

Lights for the KME is in the works.

Rescue model will get improved.

I need someone who can take over the part about placing stuff on the map in editor.

You  can place buildings like industrial area and apartments,houses and so on. You can also place objects on the new map. It need to be a NYC Bronx feel of course and don't place any virtual objects or fire stations!!! If you want to you can do some paths and so on!

And you need to promise to not give the map away to anyone on how it looks or give it to someone and claim that you made the texture.