RestingVermin

Da Bronx Modification [NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT]

18 hours ago, Firebuff319 said:

Ooh! Whats that?

Please tell, im a 'Adian

2nd piece is usually dealing with a smaller hazardous material spill or leak.  The city's Squads, as well as Engs 44, 165, 250, 274, and Rescue 5 are trained in HazTec operations and have a second piece for handling such incidents.

So with a lot of redoing and scratching my head and getting a bit of help with questions I had I finally have a very good start of the model. The image above shows how little detail I did with it but the one below will show that I have done more in depth. Here is how the progress is going at this point. I do have to do the rest of the body and then do the front, back and from above. Let me know what you think so far!

ALSO! I am open for any suggestions for models that you want to see in the mod! Just remember it needs to be units from NYC Bronx!

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/57710b1704996_bandicam2016-06-2713-12-00-158.jpg.bb21635c4fd5d3c0a8c5f6b090b0b345.jpg

bandicam 2016-06-27 13-12-00-158.jpg

Its looking better this time now. Unfortunately, I've some concerns with your model. Everything's contigouous now and nothing is floating, but its quite poly heavy, and a lot of polygon rows arent necessary. See my marker of your image, then an example of a cab from one of my projects.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/Untitled.png.0079432cc230975726427e98a5a811a4.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/Untitled.png.a371973b154b7c48f1b52ab2723caf46.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/Untitled.png.0079432cc230975726427e98a5a811a4.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/Untitled.png.a371973b154b7c48f1b52ab2723caf46.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Its looking better this time now. Unfortunately, I've some concerns with your model. Everything's contigouous now and nothing is floating, but its quite poly heavy, and a lot of polygon rows arent necessary. See my marker of your image, then an example of a cab from one of my projects.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I've done the steps and the front wheel archer so it now looks like this.

bandicam 2016-06-27 13-47-43-100.jpg

Looks better. The cab is the next concern you need to address. It needs to be lowered considerably. My examples should hopefully show the 'maximum tolerances' for what a model polycount should be. Mikey's fire engines are another good example to look at.

• Upvote 1

Emergency lights should be in 3D, kept to a minimum, and separated from the actual body.

The rear looks good so far. Do one final inspection to check if anything is floating or off, then give it the go ahead.

The front windshield and door parts of the front need to be cleaned up especially. You put far more rows and columns than what would be needed for a game such as Em4. Hopefully you get to optimizing this before moving to the extruding process.

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Firebuff319 said:
  Hide contents

FDNYLDV.jpgFDNYFC01.jpg

FDNYHazTac08017.jpg
FDNYHMOPSGC02201.jpg

FDNYDecon251.jpgFDNYBNHazmat.jpgFDNYHMOPS9001.jpgFDNYHMOPS9101.jpgFDNYAir1.jpg

Whatever that was

That was some of my fav NY vehicles..maybe they will make a appearance? 

Thank you for the suggestions. I can already tell you that sadly these units will not make an appearance: Amertek, Electric Motorcar and possibly not the mobile command center. Some of these units are also now units that has gotten newer rigs like the hazmat operations unit. But I will make some decisions down the line and add these to my suggestions list and then maybe we could have some polls to make the decisions together. Thanks again!

Just letting you know this model is already made,if you want it just PM me and I'll give it to you.It'll save you time on making a duplicate model...great job you've done so far on it though.

*I can't remember the guys name but he released this years ago to the forum.*

imDyUJR.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, goog said:

Just letting you know this model is already made,if you want it just PM me and I'll give it to you.It'll save you time on making a duplicate model...great job you've done so far on it though.

*I can't remember the guys name but he released this years ago to the forum.*

Thanks! I do know that it is already made. It is in both the Brooklyn mod as well as in the Manhattan mod. I enjoy making models and I'm in the process of learning. My goal with this mod is that I want to represent mostly my own models and have as few models as possible that aren't made by me. Of course there will be some models left in the mod made by others. 

But thanks for the offer and support! 

• Upvote 1

Reinforcing what Itch already said, you want to cut the fat from the model now before you shape it out.. It's alot easier to shape a model if its got less verts to jumble together, esp if most of them will end up removed in the end.  Because this game doesnt use a draw distance type of deal it means pieces while attached to the model base do not have to be made of one solid object.  The game won't "clip" away pieces which "float" over the body, so things like equipment, lights in particular, antennas, mirrors etc don't have to be modeled into the core body of the vehicle.  They can instead float into the body saving a ton of polygons and effort in shaping those areas where they would attach.  

Door lines do not have to exist in this game, and really should not exist because it's a ton of waste polygons.  Instead expect to texture that seam line on since it can still look good but won't waste weight in doing it that way.  The curvature on the cab and the bumper both have way too many polygons.. If it's a relatively "flat" shape don't put in too many polys, save the polygons for where they have to be used.  Takes a good while of practice and trial and error to figure it out but given time you'll get it.  Some things have to be more detailed than others, but often times you can get away with skimping and it still will look fine in the game.

I attached an example of what itch and I have spoken about to help you understand it, hopefull it helps give you an idea of what we were talking about.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/ex.png.fab873a5451435339cb7f6dbdf4deda0.png

ex.png

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2016 at 10:45 PM, MikeyPI said:

Reinforcing what Itch already said, you want to cut the fat from the model now before you shape it out.. It's alot easier to shape a model if its got less verts to jumble together, esp if most of them will end up removed in the end.  Because this game doesnt use a draw distance type of deal it means pieces while attached to the model base do not have to be made of one solid object.  The game won't "clip" away pieces which "float" over the body, so things like equipment, lights in particular, antennas, mirrors etc don't have to be modeled into the core body of the vehicle.  They can instead float into the body saving a ton of polygons and effort in shaping those areas where they would attach.  

Door lines do not have to exist in this game, and really should not exist because it's a ton of waste polygons.  Instead expect to texture that seam line on since it can still look good but won't waste weight in doing it that way.  The curvature on the cab and the bumper both have way too many polygons.. If it's a relatively "flat" shape don't put in too many polys, save the polygons for where they have to be used.  Takes a good while of practice and trial and error to figure it out but given time you'll get it.  Some things have to be more detailed than others, but often times you can get away with skimping and it still will look fine in the game.

I attached an example of what itch and I have spoken about to help you understand it, hopefull it helps give you an idea of what we were talking about.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/ex.png.fab873a5451435339cb7f6dbdf4deda0.png

Thanks again! I did a lot of ''cleaning'' on it and has less polys now.

I've started on the front and this is what I've got. I'm still working on it but is this way less polys than it should be? 

bandicam 2016-06-29 12-10-57-403.jpg

When building a model, do only 'half' of it. Make both sides symmetrical, and use the mirror modifier to make the other side. Your front looks much more optimized now, but Id advise splitting it down the middle.

It would be recommended to do it in this method, that way you only need to spend time modelling half the front (rear and top as well) and simply can mirror it to the other side and instantly have a full vehicle.

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, itchboy said:

When building a model, do only 'half' of it. Make both sides symmetrical, and use the mirror modifier to make the other side. Your front looks much more optimized now, but Id advise splitting it down the middle.

It would be recommended to do it in this method, that way you only need to spend time modelling half the front (rear and top as well) and simply can mirror it to the other side and instantly have a full vehicle.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/Untitled.png.9ec70c456f448f9a94c306a3a0c59073.png

aahh ok thanks!

As itch said make sure you only make "half" a vehicle, the only time you should make two unique sides is when the vehicle requires it.  Sometimes that comes up on equipment rears of a vehicle but usually the cabs of the truck are symmetrical on both sides, in those instances it saves you a ton of work to just make half and clone/mirror that half to make both sides of the truck when its done.  Your front looks good for a starting point but I would advise having abit more bend at the top and on the corner, along with only making 1 half of it.  Check itch's example for how the front should be created. You dont have to have the grille area modeled like he did in his example unless you intend on mapping the grille elsewhere than the front view.

• Upvote 1

So right now I got this. It's so far about 600 polys and I still need to do the back. So my guess is that the model will be about 3000 polys or possibly less when done. There are some dark spots on the model and I have no idea how to fix them.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2016_07/5776653b0b48b_bandicam2016-07-0114-40-28-151.jpg.6064866491aba52f3f0f3b8780d26248.jpg

bandicam 2016-07-01 14-40-28-151.jpg

Nice work. The only concern Ive got with it now is that the transition from side to front is too sharp. You gotta curve it a bit, because the real thing isnt a box with sharp edges. Mike will be on later to give more details that I may have missed.

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1