RestingVermin

Da Bronx Modification [NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT]

What he means is it looks like a blunt-nosed truck atm, there is not enough "curvature" to the front-to-side transition to represent a proper curve.  You need to add more rows of polygons on the corner to make the curve more gradual and less sharp.  I've included 3 more examples with the curvature lines highlighted in thick gray to go on top of itch's first one.  So you have 4 different examples of the varying curvatures to represent.  My first two examples have minor curves since the trucks are relatively squared, the last example has a much more gradual curve as does itch's.  Your vehicle you're doing I should think would be closer to my third and itch's example than the mack and freightliner that I used in the first two examples.

curvature.png

• Upvote 1

Here is the nearly done model. About 2737 polys. There will be a bit more than that.   Just have a issue. The lights doesn't show up in the 3D view. I have extruded it out a bit. As well as the body entrance and the steps in the back is barely  visible. I have extruded that inside as you can see on the picture don below. I did some curvature but nothing too much. On the back it is supposed to be a bit ''sharp'' on the ends. I just need to get a little bit more details in and what ever you guys gives me feedback on. What do you think about the poly amount for example?

bandicam 2016-07-03 20-55-51-628.jpg

bandicam 2016-07-03 23-32-35-742.jpg

This is the complete model of the Ferrara heavy rescue truck that the FDNY is using!

Made completely by me. I can't thank Itchboy and MikeyPI enough for answering my questions and the feedback for improvements that they have been giving me! Thank you very much!

So now it's just to get the UV mapping and just model the 2 doors. 

After that I will start on a new model. Will probably be the brand new KME engines that the FDNY has been getting recently. And again, I take suggestions on what FDNY/NYPD units you want to see and I will take it into consideration!

Thank you! 

Polys: 3134

(Has been scaled down)

bandicam 2016-07-04 16-50-29-783.jpg

Edited by RestingVermin
Updated poly count

Maybe some specialized events for these units?

Gang unit 
Organized Crime 
Juvenile 
Traffic 
Probation and Parole enforcement unit 
Major crimes Unit 
Fraud unit 
Anti- terrorism unit 
SWAT 
U R R T Unit ( Underwater Recovery Rescue Unit) 
Ident unit 
IAB unit (This should send shivers down your spine) 
Parking patrol Unit 
Mounted Unit (Horses) 
K-9 unit 
Animal cruelty unit 
Narcotics unit 
Port Authority Police 
N Y C Transit Authority 
Missing persons 
Warrant Unit 
Protection Unit ( for big wigs, not pay offs) 
Arson Investigation Unit 
E O D Unit (Bomb unit) 
Air Patrol Unit 
Harbour Patrol Unit 
Bourough Units 
Foot Patrol Unit 
Community Relations Unit 
Media Relations Unit (Public info officers) 
Commercial Crimes Unit 
Electronic Information Unit and Taskforce (Internet) 
Citizen complaints review unit 
Public Events and Crowd control Unit 

• Upvote 1

Thak you again for your suggestions Firebuff! I will add this to the suggestions list  and consider these.

A few special units that I can already confirm that I will be modeling is

FDNY Field Comm 1 (Brand new)

NYPD Bomb Squad (Brand new)

FDNY Rescue Medics (Newer)

FDNY Hazmat 1 2nd piece

FDNY Squad 61 2nd piece

NYPD ESU Truck

Just a reminder to stay on topic. Ive hidden your posts. If you wish to discuss any other mods, do it via PM, or post about your new project in the modding concepts page. If you have any discussion about other games not related to the EM series, do it in the off-topic section please.

• Upvote 2

UPDATE

Rescue model is now fully complete as a model. UV mapping is done and it's just to get it in game and get the doors and wheels on. Then I will show you all how it looks.

I have now started on my second model and that is the Brand New Field Comm 1 unit.

Description of the Field Communications unit (Field Comm)

This unit is the unit that responds on a 10-77, 10-60 or a 2nd alarm and higher to help with communications with the dispatcher. They get orders from the highest ranking on scene to transmit any message they got to the dispatcher.

The unit contains of 2 dispatchers and 1 firefighter. (In game 2 firefighters that will be added with the correct uniform)

Now I hope it is okay with Dyson I will rename the Submodification to Modification since there will be a lot of new models!

Thank you everybody for your support and don't forget that I take suggestions for models into consideration! So leave a suggestion!

8 hours ago, Firebuff319 said:

Will there be a button to call a 10-77, a 10-60, MAYDAY or a 2/3/4/5 alarm? Because me, halfway around the world, have no idea what they are...sorta like BOF.

That depends on if I can make it that way. If not I'll see if I can seek help from someone who can. But that is definitely something that I'd like to include. 

9 hours ago, Unit 42 said:

Will there be new scripts as well?

I'm not good at scripting at all so if I don't learn more about it (highly unlikely) then I would need help from someone who is willing to help. So if there is anyone then yes I would like to get some new scripts in. What scripts? I don't know yet but leave suggestions!

7 hours ago, 59955_1453496446 said:

I can help you please PM me 

PM on the way

3 hours ago, HappyJoker said:

Looks great so far Vermin! Can't wait!

Thank you! 

8 minutes ago, Firebuff319 said:

I just want to say, I LOVE THIS MOD! Will this have the trucks spawn on map? or is it Multiplayer optimized? Me, I cant play MP so I always love spawning mods.

In single player yes they will spawn in their respective stations. I haven't really done anything to the map after I started modelling so my number 1 priority is to get the models done first

I get this weird thing tat when I have closed zmodeler and saved my project it will pop up a window saying if I want to run the programm as hardware or some other things. And when I press any of them it crashes. I then re installed zmodeler and  when I opened my model it was gone. That happened to the Field Comm and that happened to the KME Engine. Luckily the KME enigne had a auto save but it was long before the last update I posted. So this is a issue that will make it slower for me because I pretty much need to do things twice :/ 

I am happy to announce that  59955_1453496446 will make it so that you can call in alarms from the chief. 

The KME engine is coming along very well. Front and sides are done now it's just the top and back and then just to get it UV mapped then it's done. When this is done this will be a major step since most of the engines will use it. There will however be some Seagraves as well. Al the way from 2003 to 2012. I might include a Mack or two for like a ladder and a spare rescue if you'd like that.

3 minutes ago, Ahmad Fj said:

hay vermin can you add Traffic advisor to the NYPD  cars

When the time comes for me to start on the NYPD units then I will be sure look into that!  Thanks for suggestion! 

1 minute ago, Firebuff319 said:

I LOVE IT! I can make a fan banner for you if you want..

If you'd like to then go ahead ; )