RestingVermin

Da Bronx Modification [NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT]

This mod is no longer in development! See last page for information!

Hello everyone! 

I'm back now into the em4 community and ready to roll! 

Well yes you see the topic title right! The Bronx mod will be my main mod right now! Do NOT expect any release any time soon! I have a LOT of workarrow-10x10.png to do!

What will the Bronx mod offerarrow-10x10.png?

It will have a BRAND NEW map made by me!

FDNY,NYPD,EMS and TEC units from my liking. (Model vise and timeline)

The map will focus on the area around south Bronx. I will try to get the streets and locations of firehouses realistic.

There will either be 3 firehouses on the map and these are the ones.

Engine 71, Ladder 55, Division 6

Engine 60, Ladder 17, Battalion 14

Squad 41 & it's second piece

Thank you for sticking your head into this topic and I hope that you will ride along on this journey with me!

I only do this when I feel to work on it and whenever I want! It's something I do in my spare time!

PLEASE do not ask me to do stuff for you in your mod. I am focused on this and this only for the time being. Thank you

SIGNATURE 

By Firebuff

1.Wheels are not in place

2.No steps between cab and pump

3.Different Lightbars

4.Yellow stripes in the red paint.

5.Misses detail on the back doors

6.81 sits too low

7. Pump unit is red

8. It is not a open-back cab and has back doors which your version has not.

9. Back part has cover over hosebed

10.Misses front detailing too

Real unit:

$_35.JPG

post59832088ilt4yeqmp9.png

Real unit:

While I appreciate your initiative in enumerating the various issues, this kind of post (while being very constructive and in good meaning) does not really help the OP. It only serves to make his life harder because he now has 10 items to make unfortunately. In the future, what I would do is just give one thing that is wrong with the model, and then if the OP wants more advice, give the rest to him/her via PM.

While this kind of post is well liked in the German forums where you hail from, it is not appreciated here, and often leads to conflicts and even accusations of bullying. I am informing you of this just to save you the trouble that I had to go through.

Like I said ''Skin is 90% done. just some minior tweaks and changing the roof color!''. The point of that post about the mack was that I wanted to show the texture of how it's going to be.  The model will stay as is other than removing the lightbar and place a new one and maybe some other things. I do appreciate what you posted!

Tbh, I do have to admit that I find it kind of sad that people take constructive criticism so harshly here.  It would be one thing if people ran about saying "It looks horrible!" and things of the like (that would be straight up bullying and horribly inappropriate), but when they're trying to help it's really a shame that people don't really want that anymore.  It's sad, but it's really the truth that people don't care for anyone trying to help to improve anything (not unless they're going to do it for them), most people around today just want the "yes men" who'll take things as they are and say "looks good".

Tbh, I do have to admit that I find it kind of sad that people take constructive criticism so harshly here.  It would be one thing if people ran about saying "It looks horrible!" and things of the like (that would be straight up bullying and horribly inappropriate), but when they're trying to help it's really a shame that people don't really want that anymore.  It's sad, but it's really the truth that people don't care for anyone trying to help to improve anything (not unless they're going to do it for them), most people around today just want the "yes men" who'll take things as they are and say "looks good".

Something I learned the hard way unfortunately Mike. I tried, and I got hated, now I'm trying less, and still get hated.

Trying is the first step to failure... As Homer Simpson once said lol.

But I will admit that some of my previous attempts to help people had the unintended effect of discouraging them and shooting them down. I've learned that now, I need to be more considerate and polite.