RestingVermin

Da Bronx Modification [NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT]

1 hour ago, RestingVermin said:

There will be a 2 Rescues and Squads in the ''realistic'' version of the mod.

I'll list some special units that I will include,

Rescue 1

Rescue 3 with collapse rescue 3

Squad 41 with 2nd piece

Squad 61

Tactical Support Unit 1

Hazmat 1 & 2nd piece

Hazmat Operations

RAC 3

SSL Unit to be decided

Field Comm

Field Comm Battalion

FOAM 96

Will there be a realistic satalight(only pumps if has a water supply, no tank kinda like a ladder), E91 and EBFU 91 and/or the mobile command post?

5 hours ago, RestingVermin said:

Per your votes, there will be a new FOAM unit.

If you have suggestions please leave the name and a photo of the unit here and I will definitely consider it!

Hey restingvermin, the queens mod team is making a foam unit or will be making one soon, feel free to contact us and we will gladly send you the model, if you want us to.

Here are some of the Volunteer Bronx fire department.

VOL-EP3.jpg

Engine 3 - 2003 GMC/VRS Sales 350 gpm/250 gal.

While at first glance appearing to resemble a Japanese fire apparatus, this “unyque” little rig is specially designed for the extremely narrow, winding streets of Edgewater Park’s waterfront response area. Featuring seating for seven, it is outfitted with a rear mounted pump supplying a 150’ 1-3/4” pre-connect, 450’ of 1-3/4” and 500’ of 2-1/2” attack line. It is equipped with six Scott® 45 minute SCBA, forcible entry tools, ventilation saws and BLS medical gear including an AED (career FDNY*EMS units provide BLS/ALS level care and transport) This rig assumed the role of first due response from Engine 2 (which the department still retains), a 1981 Chevy/Reading utility body with a 300 gpm pump and 200 gallon tank.

vfdny_edgewaterpark_engine3.jpg

vfdny_edgewaterpark_utility.jpg

Support Unit - 1995 Ford F-350/Wheeled Coach

This rig which is being used in an experimental stage has had quite a career thus far - originally serving a dept. in Virginia, it was later sold to Georgetown, Connecticut after which it was donated to the West Hamilton Beach FD, another VFD in the neighboring Borough of Queens which lost their entire fleet during Hurricane Sandy. After WHBFD received other donated ambulances, this rig was then donated to Edgewater Park. The largest apparatus ever operated by Edgewater Park, it is being experimented with as a multi-purpose support unit. Accordingly, it is equipped with two SCBA, hand tools and BLS medical gear with future plans for a generator and trash pump.

AviationALF.jpg

I believe this is no longer a thing, but who knows

21 minutes ago, Connor Brumleve said:

that Satellite unit is the older version of the satellite units. they now have newer satellite units. and that enigne 72 i think they might have a newer seagrave or kme but im not 100% sure

From what I can see, both the satalight and engine are the most current and up to date one,

2 hours ago, boyscoutews said:

From what I can see, both the satalight and engine are the most current and up to date one,

exactly. From what you can see. all current satellite units have the tripple LED lighbar setup. many websites won't have te newest unit for a litle bit after tey arrive

The volunteer fire department will probably not be in

Satellite will be in

engine 72 possibly in

engine 97 KME will be in

Maybe the BFU unit. I don't have any big forest areas only thing I will have is some trees in the parks.

MCU, Maybe not sure. Will possibly setup a poll for it.

Thawing unit, likely not.

8 hours ago, Connor Brumleve said:

Hey restingvermin, the queens mod team is making a foam unit or will be making one soon, feel free to contact us and we will gladly send you the model, if you want us to.

Thanks for the offer but I'm good. : ) The goal for this mod is that I want about at least 90% of the emergency vehicles to be made by myself. Most likely all of them

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone and Happy New Year!

This year starts of with some very bad news. 

Last night, my computer crashed and  it would not want to start. So I had to wipe everything on my computer and install everything again. Unfortunately my mod files was also wiped.

What does this mean for the modification? 

Well this means I have to start over on everything I did. Make all the models, map, lights. Everything. This is a huge backstep for this modification. I had come a long way working the past year but everything is now gone.

I am aware that I haven't posted here in a long time but I have still worked a bunch on the mod. I will now take a break from working and I'll back.

All suggestions are welcome. And now let's hope my computer won't crash again.

• Upvote 1

Suggestion #1: Invest in an external HDD, numerous USB storage devices, and make a Goole Drive/Dropbox acct. Upload and store everything important (mod files, family photos, school/work crap) in there. Thats what I did the first time I lost my data about 5 years ago now. Will save you a headache. Be sure to backup frequently as well.

Suggestion #2: Do what you did before, except better.

• Upvote 1

Alright guys. Got a update and some good news.

I found some backups files I made on MEGA a month ago but not everything where in it. What was in it was: KME Engine, Rescue, 2016 ford explorer, Squad and Hazmat 2nd piece. As well as the new map I started on. So I lost a couple of models that I was in progress of doing for example, Ferrara Ladder cab, Field Comm and squad 2nd piece.

But I will be doing those again and probably reedoo some of the other units that I have finished.

But here is a Seagrave Commander II cab that I have made the last couple of days. I do have some stuff missing. Mirrors and some tweaks here and there.

a91327889a5e4de2fc3da72e81dbb957.png

a45868f1edbbfb7b34e86de4c35a8e9b.png

Progress being made, models coming along. 

Now since I know a lot more about modeling than what I did when I made the Rescue and KME engine, I will be redoing those. Anything you want me to model for the mod next? Leave a comment. Anything else than the suggestions we have got above and on other pages you want me to add? Let me know. 

And no this model is not done. Need some more textures!

Model is by me. (Only things that is not mine is the 2 rotators in back which will probably be replaced with mines. And the railings. Railings from Ladder 102 model in BoF mod)

b447bd44fa30c0be00a7b228022aed28.png

Update once again.

The above picture was of Squad 2nd Piece. It is now done and just need the texture that I am currently making. The Rescue is also in progress of redoing. 

Also the new map is in progress again.

Now I need some help. I need someone who can script to help me get some more units to start in firehouse and that they can return to the firehouse as well. Please message me or type here if you could help and I'll send further details! Work will be credited!

• Upvote 2