William Stapleford

New Tanker Truck (Using Default TLF truck)

Well I decided to start working on modding some default models into new models or originals.  While this model is not "REAL" to any fire truck I know.  The idea is REAL.  The idea was to create a fire truck that could allow multiple people to attach to several FDC points  The vehicle is slower due to the huge weight of water but allows fighting fires in areas where a hydrant could not be found.  A total of 6-8 FDC points are added.  This means that up to 8 fire fighters can engage a fire at the same time.  The vehicle will only seat 2 people.  A driver and passenger.  Fire fighters can hook up to the truck as long as they are in range of the truck and have equipped a hose.

The original TLF truck has been modified.  I removed the fire nozzle and base from the truck.  I removed all the coding for the extinguish and cool commands.  Added 6-8 hydrant connection points.  Removed the Rear doors so the fire pump can be seen.  Added several little visual enhancements to make the truck look different from all the others.  Lighting and lighting patterns have been changed as well.  Removed seating from the vehicle and changed the values for speed and maneuverability.  

This truck will not be the fastest to a fire but it will certainly be a huge help.  The time to dispatch the truck is also slower then the other trucks.  This is to simulate a crew getting the truck ready to dispatch.

I attempted to make a script that would work similar to the fire aircraft dispatch script but failed.  If someone would like to try here was the idea.

The tanker truck would be dispatched to the site.  Once on station and fire fighters attached the water level would begin to drop (a blue timer bar) if the fire was extinguished prior to the use of all the water in the tanker the remaining water level would remain until the tanker truck returned to the base.  At that point it would need to be slowly refilled.  If water ran out prior to a fire being extinguished then the fire fighters would be forced to find other means to fight the fire until the truck could refill and return.

(this is NOT in this model but if someone could figure it out it would make this truck much better.  The way it is now you can keep the truck on station indefinitely.  Not very realistic at all.)

Bugs

Lights shine through vehicle in some spaces

Lighting sequence goes out of sync with lighting effects

Slow computers will stutter with this truck

Equipment could not be added to the truck at this time (You will need to have a truck equipped with fire hose, to use this truck)

AI has problems with navigation sometimes

When hoses are attached to the truck some of the times they go right through the truck

This is a work in progress as of right now.  I'm still working on some help files and proper interface and GUI graphics.

2015_09_25_00001.jpg

Here is a firefighter that has connected to the new tanker truck.  The truck looks close to the TLF but you can see several differences.  GUI interface is incomplete as of right now.

2015_09_25_00002.jpg

Several firefighter are connected to several FDC connections on the rear of the truck.

2015_09_25_00003.jpg

Firefighters are connected to the newly added 3d FDC connections.  These hydrants are default street hydrants and collision has been turned off.  Each side of the truck has 2 connections.

2015_09_25_00004.jpg

One more shot of the truck.  Showing the right side of the truck with firefighters connected.  Also added turn signals to the truck lighting as well.  

Hope to get this one released soon, and hope to get some help with scripting the "water usage"

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

The civilian vehicles are a test group that I created. they are actual dispatchable through the menu system. Im still testing it out and have yet to release anything. It is using the default vehicles and skins. I will keep you posted.

In the pic it is 1 unmarked police suv and 1 volunteer fire fighter vehicle.

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

There has not been a download of the tanker at this time.  Since the most recent patch released some things have become unstable and I'm working on fixing it.  Hoping to get a REAL tanker truck into the game as a NEW model but only time will tell. I have had limited luck with getting simply objects into the game such as a traffic cone, traffic barrel etc.  The problem is that I'm not sure how to write a script so they can be used as equipment and carried in inventory.  

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

There has not been a download of the tanker at this time.  Since the most recent patch released some things have become unstable and I'm working on fixing it.  Hoping to get a REAL tanker truck into the game as a NEW model but only time will tell. I have had limited luck with getting simply objects into the game such as a traffic cone, traffic barrel etc.  The problem is that I'm not sure how to write a script so they can be used as equipment and carried in inventory.  

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

Alright, it was a really nice one and i hope you get to release/fix it. But i guess thats your choise. :)