PexlexX

Emergency 2016 announced! Unbelievable...

Eh, most gaming series now turn into cash-grab, and I never understood the "... Simulator 20XX" thing. I mean, they were basically same games, with a little bit of altered content. At the same time probably the most successful simulator - ETS2 - was released once and only gets updates and DLCs time to time (and here DLCs are either adding a big chunk of content or are purely cosmetic items probably created by the art dept while tech dept was creating patches). And Emergency unfortunately seems to follow this "20XX" thing.

Also, about the aforementioned GTA V - it was released once (for the old gen) and then second time(for the PS4/XBONE and PC), no paid DLCs, just updates. i mean, they are talking about future story DLC, but it's even better - they don't push out the same game in different envelope, and the base game definitely has content worth of it's price.

TL;DR - don't buy EM2016, it just encourages the publishers(and sometimes developers) to do the yearly game thing.

ss3_d059793b96.jpg

Interesting, looks like they have the "chase" function from the LA mod. Note the officer on the right drawing is sidearm.

A question for those who have played Em5. Do the people really duck and cover when shooting weapons? The SWAT team on the side taking cover looks nice, but I think this could just be another render shot especially due to the skidmarks given off by the player units.

If my memory serves me right then Swat Marksman do crouch to take long distances shots in EM5

ss1_d701ebc65e.jpg

Interesting here also that they took a Rosenbauer Panther and made it into a Mass Casualty Unit, instead of an Aiport Crash Tender.

OK NOW THEY HAVE MY ATTENTION: the one question is since there is a Panther, will there be a AARF Crash Panther?

...also those road barriers, i don't think i remember those in EM5, Hmmm maybe it is just my memory!

ss2_51a57189a7.jpg

Assassin's Creed Plague Doctor?

Assassin's Creed I highly think not however is that the Cologne Cathedral under construction in the background?

If so then Emergency 2016 sure has a big expectations to wow with it's Bonus Mission(s).

Work at the cathedral was started in 1248 and around 1300 the South-West tower construction was stated and 1322 the cathedral was Consecrated.

1348 was the start of one of the world's worst Pandemic and was a serious threat to humanity. I'm sure how you can see how this Dark image is starting to fake to Black in my eyes now but of course this is speculation.

Time period evidence wise: burning Bon fire, cathedral under construction, wooden torches light up streets, cobblestone road and building with wood to reinforce structures, a man pushing a cart with hay, clothing is not of 20th century and there is next to no metal and The cherries on the cake: a collapsed man in the bottom left corner clearly gravely ill and a Plague Doctor.

There is only 1 time period this image could be based on but it could be any where in Europe but being an "Emergency" branded game then it must still be in Germany.

Your on target based on my understanding of this line

"Neue Doppel-Kampagne: Dämme im Köln des Mittelalters die Pest-Epidemie ein und bekämpfe heute den erneuten Ausbruch des heimtückischen Erregers!"

In Köln in middle ages a pest epidemic it then also combat a insides pathogen today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately its not just this game. I have noticed it with Train Simulator 2016 aswell. Its no different from the 2015 version apart from it has less routes included and your expected to buy more as DLC... If you brought every single bit of DLC for Train Sim... You will need roughly £3000 :s

Atleast you get the newest Train Simulator games for free if you owned the previous one. So say, for example, you bought it back in 2012, and each year you'd get a yearly update as they updated the game to 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 etc.

But yeah, totally agree on that DLC part. They have around $3000 worth of DLC. It's crazy.

So not get to hate here from the masses but I gave them there 5.99 since I already had em5 or 2015.  The most I can say is its not the same without the LA mod.  There are four big maps to choose from, all overseas from where I am.  There are nice buttons to choose vehicles and it works a lot better than 2015 at launch did.  But the variety of units in the LA mod.  The five dollar deal lasts to the 19th and I did it with hopes at some point it may become better,  Here's to hope.

So not get to hate here from the masses but I gave them there 5.99 since I already had em5 or 2015.  The most I can say is its not the same without the LA mod.  There are four big maps to choose from, all overseas from where I am.  There are nice buttons to choose vehicles and it works a lot better than 2015 at launch did.  But the variety of units in the LA mod.  The five dollar deal lasts to the 19th and I did it with hopes at some point it may become better,  Here's to hope.

Just as FYI what your 5.99 got was the new missions and vechile.

I think it would be wrong of them to bring out EMERGENCY2016 which is virtually EM2015 just been updated with all the stuff we genuinely wanted 2015 to be, and then expect everyone to pay for it again, well sorry guys but no deal ;) haha

basically EM2016 is $30 for new players. 5.99 for players with EM5. EM5 was patch with all game play changes but do not get the new missions or new vechile.

Eh, most gaming series now turn into cash-grab, and I never understood the "... Simulator 20XX" thing. I mean, they were basically same games, with a little bit of altered content. At the same time probably the most successful simulator - ETS2 - was released once and only gets updates and DLCs time to time (and here DLCs are either adding a big chunk of content or are purely cosmetic items probably created by the art dept while tech dept was creating patches). And Emergency unfortunately seems to follow this "20XX" thing.

Also, about the aforementioned GTA V - it was released once (for the old gen) and then second time(for the PS4/XBONE and PC), no paid DLCs, just updates. i mean, they are talking about future story DLC, but it's even better - they don't push out the same game in different envelope, and the base game definitely has content worth of it's price.

TL;DR - don't buy EM2016, it just encourages the publishers(and sometimes developers) to do the yearly game thing.

IF they discount the update like they did this time. I see no real problem with it provide they keep doing as they did. Give game play changes to old version. Offer a deep discount for owning the older game.

Personal I think they made the following mistakes.

1. When they announced the DLC they did not mention that they would apply game play changes to EM5.

2. Mention they would offer the new version at a discount price.

I been very harsh to sixteen Ton. For very valid reason. But they recent actions. Has at least shown that they release they made mistakes and working to improve it.

Add the game play changes to EM5. Was the right action. Providing a steep discount (only a short window. 5 days) Adds to that.

Which is why I am debating gating the em2106.

Just as FYI what your 5.99 got was the new missions and vechile.

basically EM2016 is $30 for new players. 5.99 for players with EM5. EM5 was patch with all game play changes but do not get the new missions or new vechile..

I been very harsh to sixteen Ton. For very valid reason. But they recent actions. Has at least shown that they release they made mistakes and working to improve it.

Add the game play changes to EM5. Was the right action. Providing a steep discount (only a short window. 5 days) Adds to that.

Which is why I am debating gating the em2106.

EM2106?  I cannot find anything on that what is EM2106?

What I don't understand is that they say it is an Update for EM5 yet you have to pay £20 for the damn thing.

EM5 did get updated. All the game play changes in 2016 are now in em5.

My copy of 2016 cost 5.99 I got for the extra missions and new vechiles

From what I understand, Em5 is basically Em2016 without the new missions, so whats the point of buying 2016 if Em5 is pretty much that minus one or two things?

It depends on if you want the additional campaigns and vechile. If you do not stick with em5

Oh, Well I ended up buying EM 2016 for £4.99. Must be becasue I owned EM5. But why sell it defferently if its also an update in EM5? Confusing but nvm.

Think of it like a DLC for the people that already own the EM5, but also as a whole new game with old and new conetent for the people that don't..

it actually all makes a lot of sense to me but it shows also that not only was i correct in my analysis but it also seems that the developers did rush the game and messed up a lot of basic issues and are humiliated by it!

First of to Emergency5 players: you can get 5 new campain missions, new freeplay scenarios and a Mass Intencive Care unit... yes it is a bit steep in price but it is discounted greatly for a limited time as much as they can but im sure working on new in game content and still trying to remove the bugs is costing the company in time, financial and human resorces.

Second, if you own EM5 but dont want new in game content then the EM2016 improved AI with enhanced pathfinding has been added as a patch to the game as it kinda was necessary.

Now the 2 burning questions on everyone's mind:  "Why has Emergency 5 been removed?" and "Why is it called Emergency 2016 now?"

The long answer is: because it is well know that Emergency 20XX spin off series has been a bit of a let down and disappointment for the Emergency games brand, to see the players, clients and fans turn arround and say Emergency 5 did not live up to the hype and was failing on basic gameplay mechanics was a complete embaressment and i'm sure the staff agreed, especially when you bare in mind this was part of the Original Emergency series.

It is better to down play something than to over hype something just to be shot down and make brand and company's repuation worse than it already was, so transferring the game's identity from Original Emergency series to the Emergency 20XX series is meant to downgrade the status of the game and in doing so preserving the Original Emergency series brand and it's reputation where as the Emergency 20XX reputation is not quite as good and so wont be as damaged.

The short and simple answer is: It may be a shallow move in attempt to preserve any reputation the game and devs have but it is also a safe move as Emergency 5's tragic flop remains nothing more than a memory and a few external reviews as affectively the game is rebranded and starting a fresh start....

...again...!

The short answer is: Technically EMERGENCY 2016 EM5 2.0 is much better than EMERGENCY 5 (first reason why your theory is wrong) and the 20XX series sold very well in comparison with the original series (second reason why your theory is wrong). :)