PexlexX

Emergency 2016 announced! Unbelievable...

The title is Programm. Deepsilver announced Em2016 a few days ago and no, this is not a joke. Due to the hilarious Bad Em5, which i paid 70€ for and played it like 100 hours, hoping it would be fixed some day, im considering informing the local customer protection centre (Germany), because this is an definite act of insolence. The "game" itself is based on Em5, contains all Em5 "deluxe" content (which they charged me **** 20€ extra) and has an medival mode with Pest, digged up in the sewers of the modern cities?! I mean seriously, who in the Em community wants to See such an "mode" in the STOCK game?! In my opinion this step of Deepsilver shows, how disinterested they are in their "Main series" talking of Em5 and how unbelievable rude they are to their customers. Btw... They game is set on Amazon.de for 39,99€ which is giving proof of my statement. Like i mentioned before if theyre going to leave Em5 unfinished and will be charging me a single cent for their "New game" (@#€), i will defenitly make a call to the German customer protection centre which is very related to citizens... What do you think about this step? I think i made my point and stay with Kind regards.. PexlexX

Don't buy it if you're fed up. It's clear the developer isn't in this to hear the community, they're in it for their pockets. It's clear the shortlist we all want:

Siren controls

Trailers

On map open house stations (realistic units)

Traffic control

Improved AI logic, including traffic

Em4 style mod capabilities, or at least finished systems with documentation provided

Some of these issues have been around since the early 2000s with emergency 3 and mods like LA whereas others have been in response to latest releases. Modding is important to this game, however people are much more likely to be interested if they add the stuff the community adds to every single mod to improve basic functions.

This game has gone the disturbing trend of pay more for less that many devs have done. Those who join into it are a part of the problem. If you don't like it, speak with your wallet, your voice has been shown to not matter

• Upvote 1

This game has gone the disturbing trend of pay more for less that many devs have done. Those who join into it are a part of the problem. If you don't like it, speak with your wallet, your voice has been shown to not matter

Unfortunately its not just this game. I have noticed it with Train Simulator 2016 aswell. Its no different from the 2015 version apart from it has less routes included and your expected to buy more as DLC... If you brought every single bit of DLC for Train Sim... You will need roughly £3000 :s

Unfortunately its not just this game. I have noticed it with Train Simulator 2016 aswell. Its no different from the 2015 version apart from it has less routes included and your expected to buy more as DLC... If you brought every single bit of DLC for Train Sim... You will need roughly £3000 :s

Unfortunately most games are like this, when I bought the very first edition of "Company Of Heroes" through till "Tales Of Valour" everything was more or less included in the game with access to all features.

Then when they released Company of Heroes 2, I purchased it for the game but when I clicked campaign, it turns out they'd want you to spend a little more for the campaign itself, plus all the extras. I mean I didn't mind paying for the American Campaign as it was a later release and I prefered it.

But to cut along story short, I think in the very near future most games that are bought now, wether it be on steam, or in store on any gaming platform, they'll give you less for your money, and expect you to pay more for the "extra content" which really isn't the case. Its just one big cash scam, but the more people buy the dlc's ect, the worse this will get for gaming on a whole.

Pretty much every game I grew up with 10-15 years ago has taken this route. The Need For Speed series and SimCity for example. The only game series really left that is still intact is the GTA Series, because the base game of GTAV is good from what I can see, and the DLC does add quite a lot, instead of just items that should have been ingame in the first place.

Once upon a time, back in the good old days of NFS High Stakes, the DLC cars were free and downloadable at the game website and various fansites. Now, the cars cost 10$ each and probably cost double for every variant of each you want. Same with the SimCity DLC's. Cities In Motion is a great alternative to SimCity though, which is something I'm currently saving up for, alongside GTAV, and a new GPU.

Point being, this is video games, circa 2015. Its basically the game studios milking every last cent out of every gullible, item-hungry user they can find.

I'm honestly not surprised the EM Series turned out this way really. I'm only surprised that they choose to milk something thats fundamentally broken and bug ridden, instead of something that actually is a stable platform for add-ons.

Pretty much every game I grew up with 10-15 years ago has taken this route. The Need For Speed series and SimCity for example. The only game series really left that is still intact is the GTA Series, because the base game of GTAV is good from what I can see, and the DLC does add quite a lot, instead of just items that should have been ingame in the first place.

Once upon a time, back in the good old days of NFS High Stakes, the DLC cars were free and downloadable at the game website and various fansites. Now, the cars cost 10$ each and probably cost double for every variant of each you want. Same with the SimCity DLC's. Cities In Motion is a great alternative to SimCity though, which is something I'm currently saving up for, alongside GTAV, and a new GPU.

Point being, this is video games, circa 2015. Its basically the game studios milking every last cent out of every gullible, item-hungry user they can find.

I'm honestly not surprised the EM Series turned out this way really. I'm only surprised that they choose to milk something thats fundamentally broken and bug ridden, instead of something that actually is a stable platform for add-ons.

I'm in the same boat as you I grew up with need for speed & sim city etc. I can understand companies need to make money after the games release, but at least give the customers what they are paying or at least fix the broken mess that some developers leave them in. No wonder why so many people pirate games nowadays as most games don't get demos or public beta testing from what I've seen. I could be wrong though...

Oh and if you want a city builder I would recommend cities skylines, its pretty much everything sim city was meant to be lol, plus you can get a lot of add-ons for free from the steam workshop etc. Also I recently got a gaming rig... I love playing lspdfr on gta v, so much fun lol :D

Oh and if you want a city builder I would recommend cities skylines, its pretty much everything sim city was meant to be lol, plus you can get a lot of add-ons for free from the steam workshop etc. Also I recently got a gaming rig... I love playing lspdfr on gta v, so much fun lol :D

I meant to say Cities:Skylines. Though I've played (and modded) the Cities In Motion series of games quite a bit. I just need 2gb of ram, Win7 64 bit, a new GPU and I'm all set for Cities and GTAV.

One game I prefered to simcity was "city life 2008" I much prefer that to sim city

I think the SimCity games are the entry points which got me into RTS/Simulator type games. I've pretty much tried most of them that are out there, though my childhood ones are definitely SC, Car Tycoon, and this:

hqdefault.jpg

Then there's the NFS Series of games, the first I tried being NFS2SE, which got me hooked into cars as well. My fascination with vehicles and simulation landed me in the EM-Series when I went searching for emergency vehicle game, and one of the search results was a game demo for Em4. Thats when the love affair started for me.

I think the SimCity games are the entry points which got me into RTS/Simulator type games. I've pretty much tried most of them that are out there, though my childhood ones are definitely SC, Car Tycoon, and this:

hqdefault.jpg

Then there's the NFS Series of games, the first I tried being NFS2SE, which got me hooked into cars as well. My fascination with vehicles and simulation landed me in the EM-Series when I went searching for emergency vehicle game, and one of the search results was a game demo for Em4. Thats when the love affair started for me.

Hahaa awesome ;), same here, I Stumbled across emergency 4 after i completed the 'Fire department' series, have you ever played them? I thought they were awesome. I myself much prefer RTS games ect especially the 'Roller coaster/Zoo tycoon series.

hqdefault.jpg

putt putt and fatty bear? These were the games as a kid. haha

e68d6431cb60e5b23b1336e333070ea7.jpg

Yes, they indeed were. Its probably my first computer game, though I don't consider it proper.

THIS was my first proper game, and yes, thats one of the first I learned to mod. NFS High Stakes btw.

Since we're taking a trip down the Memory Lane... I still remember the happy days spent playing Sim City 3000, Emergency 2 and SimCopter. :)

On topic: to be honest I'm not even surprised - I was already expecting this - or something like it - from DeepSilver. If they only managed to improve Emergency 4 and merge the graphics, fires, maps, etc. from EM2012 with EM4... :rolleyes:

Since we're taking a trip down the Memory Lane... I still remember the happy days spent playing Sim City 3000, Emergency 2 and SimCopter. :)

I had SimCity 2000, 3000 Unlimited and 4 Rush Hour. Fun times. Too bad my mega region was lost to an HDD failure. SimCopter and Streets Of SimCity were fun as well.

Well Em5 is basically Em4 with new graphics and real German cities. Nothing too spectacular IMO, and the modding isnt that great for what its worth. It has its merits over Em5 and it has its drawbacks as well, just to be short and concise.

ss3_d059793b96.jpg

Interesting, looks like they have the "chase" function from the LA mod. Note the officer on the right drawing is sidearm.

A question for those who have played Em5. Do the people really duck and cover when shooting weapons? The SWAT team on the side taking cover looks nice, but I think this could just be another render shot especially due to the skidmarks given off by the player units.

ss1_d701ebc65e.jpg

Interesting here also that they took a Rosenbauer Panther and made it into a Mass Casualty Unit, instead of an Aiport Crash Tender.

ss2_51a57189a7.jpg

Assassin's Creed Plague Doctor?