TimTim

Tim's Modeling- and Texturefactory

Amazing work. Probably the best looking firefighter ped models in Em4 right now. A question though, how many polygons per model and what is the filesize of the texture? Having nice units has its drawbacks too. Too high of a polycount or too high res of a texture will cause performance issues, especially when having 20 firefighters on screen when ingame.

I have something similar planned...

I have a ton of personnel ideas and I even managed to do 3 new working personnel models with Zmod3, but the license expired and I don't have patience to reactivate it... The only thing left is Hop's tutorial, notepad and Zmod2 but I just can't get the tutorials to work correctly...

I have a ton of personnel ideas and I even managed to do 3 new working personnel models with Zmod3, but the license expired and I don't have patience to reactivate it... The only thing left is Hop's tutorial, notepad and Zmod2 but I just can't get the tutorials to work correctly...

I have Zm3 and the generosity of a fellow modder. I've created plenty so far. If you're interested, PM me.

In relation to the topic, I think that a 1000 poly helmet by itself along with an HD person skin would probably hurt the game FPS on weaker systems.

That's a big misconception, In Germany we are using those "high-poly" models quite often and we got no problems with this. E.g. we are compressing/packing every model and texture for the "Bieberfelde modification".
Due this workflow every person i know got a pretty decent perfomance.
;)

That's a big misconception, in Germany are used this so much and we got no problems with it at least the Bieberfelde Modification. All skins and 3-D models are packed and so you got a very good perfomence ;)

Over the years, I've come to learn that packing actually makes load times longer because the game has to "unpack" the files for it to be able to load the models and skins. My principle in general is to keep it as simple and low as possible, but making sure that it looks good from the perspective of ingame Em4.

It may look dirty in editor, but once you are ingame, most people do not notice.