TheVolume

! Toronto Mod - Canceled - Terrow will make one !

! Toronto Mod - Canceled - Terrow will make one ! 

Update (061215)

Thanks for your support .

My current modifications which come to the game Emergency 4 

Swedish Mod 2014 - Real Swedish Resuce Units & More

Saints City Mod - Fictional Resuce Units & More From Saints Row 2 

I Hoppe You Understand news & Update 

Maybe you should pick a project and develop something with it before you start all this releasing information and cancelling the mods. Either that or pick smaller projects. 

You've had several projects now and you haven't stuck with any of them. You're either thinking too big or you're getting stuck up at one part. Either way, think smaller and don't spend all your time publishing progress. You're going to lose any type of follower pretty soon if mods keep getting cancelled like this. 

Maybe you should pick a project and develop something with it before you start all this releasing information and cancelling the mods. Either that or pick smaller projects. 

You've had several projects now and you haven't stuck with any of them. You're either thinking too big or you're getting stuck up at one part. Either way, think smaller and don't spend all your time publishing progress. You're going to lose any type of follower pretty soon if mods keep getting cancelled like this.

So well said and put, I fully agree, canceling one modification is understandable, it's the way of life and not everything will always go as expected, but after a few modification cancelations you pretty much lose all your credibility and fanbase for said modifications.

Okay I tell you something and who like of all was interested in my idea about Need for Speed MODIFY maybe 5 people per one million and that was all

You all like just the type Modifications LA. NY. Canada, Florida

So what you do not like it, please do not have me really support myself I can handle it

That's all from me !

And Swedish Mod 2014 not die , I continue work

Only Outlaw-Nfs Mod Cancaled

Maybe make something you enjoy making? Just because others don't like something you do doesn't mean you should stop. Most of these mods I'm sure are from there own homes or imagination not what others want, otherwise it'll just seem like a task to complete

Okay I tell you something and who like of all was interested in my idea about Need for Speed MODIFY maybe 5 people per one million and that was all

You all like just the type Modifications LA. NY. Canada, Florida

So what you do not like it, please do not have me really support myself I can handle it

That's all from me !

And Swedish Mod 2014 not die , I continue work

Only Outlaw-Nfs Mod Cancaled

We're not against it because it's not the type like LA Mod of NYC, NFK pointed out very good points, you did canceled two modifications because you "got bored", that gives us and everyone else reasonable thoughts to your ability to make a working modification. I certainly do not care if it's a a New York City modification or not, aslong as it's a good base release or atleast shows promising work, I'd fully support the modification and I think everyone else is the same exact way.

Thing is, if you're modding for an audience and for the fame associated with it, meaning you're only in it for the reward you'll get from us drooling over your work, get out of the game right now. 

Unless you're releasing daily updates with real progress, or weekly updates with ground breaking new things, you will not develop any kind of cult following watching the development of this mod. And then when it's released, you'll get a busy topic for a day or two, maybe even a week before people start to get bored, and want to see either more stuff, or get ready to move to another mod. 

So if you expect us to be actively drooling as a community at every update showing a new skin and begging for more, more, more, then I suggest you adjust your expectations. If you cannot mod without us supporting you with a cult following when you give the community nothing more than some pictures, I suggest stopping. 

Like the post above mine says, do something you like, and do something that is for you. As you release updates people will follow. You only get chatter if you're releasing something for people to chatter about. We don't beg for more. In fact, there's rules against that. 

To add to what NFK said:

If you aren't the way I was last year, posting pictures on a near daily basis, you won't get much of a following. And if you're modding to get fame, I suggest you quit while you are ahead. If you are for some reason unable to mod because you dont have people drooling at you, then go and do yourself a favor and just stop because you wont get validation from any one of us, and especially not me. I wouldnt like having my content being used for such self-serving purposes.

The only way you're getting support from us is by doing something you like and sticking with it. Its why people still follow my LA mod topic even if it is private. People see the passion and the commitment I put into every/each vehicle and enjoy looking at that. It isnt about the fame or popularity, but its about doing something you like for something you're willing to invest great amounts of time for, and more imporantly, standing up for what you've created instead of just ending it when you feel dissatisfied.

UPDATE 17/09/15

Thank you all for the positive comments and motivation for me and my work 

But enough of this talk, how I am and that you do not believe in me 

Maybe at the beginning of the first working day 3 units Torento Service Police Cruisers

in short, the Ford Crown Victoria

Credits & Equipment - itchboy, Hoppah, Edits & Skins Lights Me

- Traffic Patrol
- Slicktop Patrol
- Undercover Patrol

This is the beginning of the project

Now I invite you to rate

I'm sure you will be surprised :)

86a1292a_o.jpeg e0d3e5bd_o.jpeg

a24dd2d6_o.jpeg 91504c76_o.jpeg

UPDATE 17/09/15

Thank you all for the positive comments and motivation for me and my work

But enough of this talk, how I am and that you do not believe in me

Maybe at the beginning of the first working day 3 units Torento Service Police Cruisers

in short, the Ford Crown Victoria

Credits & Equipment - itchboy, Hoppah, Edits & Skins Lights Me

- Traffic Patrol

- Slicktop Patrol

- Undercover Patrol

This is the beginning of the project

Now I invite you to rate

I'm sure you will be surprised :)

86a1292a_o.jpege0d3e5bd_o.jpeg

a24dd2d6_o.jpeg91504c76_o.jpeg

Nobody said we don't believe in you, the thing we were talking about is what you make us see. You put stuff out on a forum for everyone to see, you will get constructive criticism, hell I feel that's one main way everyone finds good ideas to add into their work ethic or modding style, but in all very nice units.

Well, skins look promising. Some hints to make your units more accurate.

I don't know how accurate those are

Not too bad, but not accurate exactly either.

torontopolice32.jpg

Toronto-Police.jpg

copcar.jpg?w=620

Standard patrol car:

• Code 3 MX7000 Excalibur lightbar (correction by TheOneIowan)
  • Whelen Mirror LED's
  • White antenna module on roof
  • I'd make the antennas modelled into the body instead of utilizing child objects because the trunk antenna will glitch out if you don't model it into the door itself.
  • I'd change out the wheel textures to be more of that seen in the above pic (first one)
  • The Mirror LED's should also be attached to the door in Zmod.

"Unmarked" Patrol Car

2513.jpg

2488.jpg

3994082338_3c6d7088fb_z.jpg

Not so unmarked, more like a Stealth Cruiser.

• Has a Setina Pushbar with 2 LED's mounted on the lower or upper bar
  • Newer units seem to have Mirror LED's as well
  • Based on the 1st side picture, it has 2 small antennas towards the rear part of the roof. One is a cylinder, the other is a pointed round shape.
  • Unknown interior lighting. Its your responsibility to research the actual light setup.

maxresdefault.jpg

Slicktop cruiser

• Has a GoRhino Rambar
  • Has Mirror LED's like the other two
  • It has the same antenna setup as the regular marked cruiser

If there is a way to call the member named askjeeves, it would be nice because I believe he is a

Now here's the issue I have. Police cars are the most simple types of vehicles to create, as you can see by how short my list of ingredients is. I'd like to see more people try harder things, like ambulances and firetrucks.

pst080511-french8.jpg?w=620&h=402

paramedics.jpg?w=620

N-PARAMEDIC2.jpg

image.jpg

• Chevrolet Express 4500 chassis.
  • Lucky for you, the West Coast Canadian Modification has an ambulance with a similar setup. Some info: I built that model.
  • The front lightbar seems to be some kind of integrated lightbar, probably a Tomar 970L.
  • All you need to change is to make the wheel arches into that square-ish shape, and have it extend outward a bit
  • I am unsure with the light equipment used on it. I can only identify the rear lightbar, which is a Whelen 4500. The square LED's on the side are probably Whelen 900 Linear LED's. The ones on the front might be Whelen 700's, also a Linear type with 2 colors in one LED.
  • Because the ambulance box on this one is quite curved in its corners, you probably will have to model a new one because most of the released ones have sharp edges.
  • Has little round mirrors on top of the side mirrors
  • Front grill has two Whelen 700's in red, probably halogens due to their red lens color
  • Mounted on front bumper are two Whelen Pioneer spotlights with white casing.

4844060718_b02366c2a7_z.jpg

• This is a tricky one. Nobody has ever modelled that kind of roof setup onto any E450 ambulance model. Good luck to you.
  • Its an ambulance built by Demers Ambulance Co. it appears.
  • Has a row of Whelen 700 LED's on the front grill. Also have 700's on the side like the above ambulance.
  • Its your responsibility to search for the rear and sides of this vehicle, should you choose to create it.

maxresdefault.jpg

• I have no idea what this could be. Could anyone shine light on what kind of bus this is?
  • Uses more or less similar LED's from the normal ambulances, except many more in number.

0.jpg

• Chevrolet Suburban 2500.
  • Appears to have a Tomar 970L lightbar
  • Has an unknown rambar, you find it out for yourself. It could either be a GoRhino or a Setina
  • Has two front LED's, probably the same as the ambulances
  • Appears to have rear traffic advisor. Probably a Whelen Dominator. Confirmed by TheOneIowan that it is a Code3 XT6.

Toronto_Fire_Department_Pumper_314,.jpg

• Spartan MetroStar with custom rear. This is a pumper/engine
  • Has Whelen Freedom NFPA lightbar
  • LED's on body are probably Whelen becuase the lightbar is too.
  • No other details I can identify.

2387872761_78d899eaa2_z.jpg

• I have no idea what truck this is.
  • Has a middle crosslay and pump section that is exposed unlike the above.
  • Has similar equipment to the above truck, except it has a painted rear end and red equipment doors.

toronto-rescue.jpg

• Same truck as above, except this one is a Rescue Truck
  • Same details as above
  • No further info I can give

TORONTOA213.jpg

• Still another MetroStar but with a ladder rear
  • Has a split lightbar, I do not know what it is. Probably a Whelen just like the above
  • Nothing else I can identify.

This just about covers the basics of what you need. A police car, an ambulance, EMS vehicle, and a fleet of fire engines.

Code3 excalibur, actually... only way I know is because someone on some obscure GTA forum found it for someone else and I just remembered about it, haha. The lights on the rear deck and rambar look like XT6 and XT3 series lighting, respectively to me but can't tell for sure

Yeah, you're right - not necessarily completely accurate, but more power to him, I suppose. I don't really have the patience to skin for EM4 because I really only do well with blank templates which seem scarce to work with, and I don't know jack shit about zModeler. 

Regardless, I hope to see this be completed. I don't really play any Canadian mods and I haven't had time to look into the RCMP mod, but I'd be eager to follow this one!

Yeah, you're right - not necessarily completely accurate, but more power to him, I suppose. I don't really have the patience to skin for EM4 because I really only do well with blank templates which seem scarce to work with, and I don't know jack shit about zModeler. 

Regardless, I hope to see this be completed. I don't really play any Canadian mods and I haven't had time to look into the RCMP mod, but I'd be eager to follow this one!

Well, assuming this mod author follows through with what he says, this should go according to plan.

And no, it is not right not to care about mod quality. You need to expect some kind of quality standard from all mods, otherwise you'll just be playing yet another Mayberry mod reskin, and I'm sure most of you are tired of that.

Yaaaaay! Finally a modification from my city that I serve for. I might be able to help out with some details regarding Toronto PD, EMS and possibly FD. Since we are not that close with FD, my informations might be limited. 

I hope that you are going to release this mod for once. Outlaw was not really interesting for me. But this one is really something! 

Itchy is right about the skins. They are not really 100% accurate but hey, nothing is perfect. I think it is a really really promising start to be honest with y'all. 

I don't have so much time as I had a couple of months ago and I am not here everyday but do not hesitate to ask me for any informations regarding PD/EMS as I said before. Yep, sergeant exams, gotta learn. Yuck! 

Keep up the good work you've done here and also on the Sweden modification that I like as well. 

UPDATE 18/09/15

For a start let me just say that I have carefully read all your comments

Time for the first trivia

But perhaps first answer

Listen carefully - itchboy I'm not the guy who makes such accurate Modifications like you

Now, let me ask you a question, and I wonder if you answer?

why everything you are doing so perfect as it is only a game and the first EM4 and it is not yet perfect graphically captured the GTA
and in no way like you just tried not manage reality and detail as in real life

Now the answer to the rest - how you interested in my modifications to this and progress it clear to you what it's like - even have pictures

For a start - so I know it's only 3 police units - but it is not no modifications to this LA or another that is based on reskin vehicles - no you're right

These pictures prove to you that I do not work with programs such as ZModeler

It does not require too much from me because perfection will not be - only only resemblance to real life

That is why I think that for the game Emergency 4
My skin vehicles look very nice and reminiscent of similarity for this game

So in short, if this Police - Ambulance - or fire brigade - it will only similarity when compared to real life

The question is whether we really such a nice effect to the game

I do not think the EM4

We have to focus on entertainment and does not attract attention to how they look realistically our vehicles in the game

If you really stop to look at it if it only resemblance to real life you to play better and better

What matters is that you try - but no one said that it has to be perfect

How do others does not like it - do not worry about

That's why I say stop to show what it looks like in real life because what I am doing will only similarity it all

Now it is a question for you if you want to help me

On one patrol Torento the Police I present to you - what is the system Lightbars on the roof ??

Now you will get the answer
and help me which options to choose

Note - Texture has been modified by me

That is why they are white

I know that as soon as you write that Torento police use MX7000

But I have the older model without panel auxiliary lights

I know Torento police used MX7000 Code3 but with additional LED panel lights

I use Vista - Why The Version because it is rotating and has built an additional panel lights if you want to lighting effect Torento the Police patrol cars

Vista did - itchboy - I just modified texture

MX7000 did - Rihs - the same thing I just modified texture

If you have some options so I chose the patrol car Lightbars to please write 

That's all for today on the more you have to wait - of course if you are still interested Modification

7268f5f1_o.jpeg
10d19962_o.jpeg

Well, you dont have to be like me. You just gotta be yourself really.

If you want to make another mod with 1000 inacuracies, fine by me.

If you want to be just another mod that people will forget within the month, fine by me as well.

The details and hints I provided you are the key to catapaulting yourself above the average, and putting yourself among better mods that actually strive for quality instead of just fame and "good enough" mentality.

I never was or am after 100% detail similar to GTA. At the very least, have something that looks as close as possible, and having these issues with light equipment and setups is a big issue for me as a modder. I'd expect a higher degree of accuracy from any non-fictional mod. I wouldnt be so specific if this were a fictional mod, and point being, having some differences isnt bad. But having too many of them makes the non-fictional mod useless. You might as well say, that you're trying to make your units look "almost" like Toronto, but not actually there.

I could very well critique your skins, but it would probably just result in more disagreement from you.

Your lightbar is getting somewhat closer. I'd go with the MX7000, get rid of the Vista, and if you could skin the inside components to be red and blue, it would go a long way in making your patrol car look better.

The thing about modding is, you're supposed to respond to critisism in a constructive way. Your reply seems constructive, but I can tell there is a bit of fighting back towards it. Rest assured, I'm not here to judge you, I'm just here to tell you what you've done wrong with these units, and how to improve them.

If you don't want my long picture filled posts, then fine. I won't post another one in this mod topic again.

I think it is okay to do what you think is good but you also have to accept critism, especially as itchboy is right about what he says.To be annoyed by the lack of response and then don´t listen to critism is not good, either for the community and also not for yourself. If you want to do something on your own and don´t care about others critism i´d recommend you to not be sad about no response or just do the mod privat. I´d consider itchboy as a benchmark and i think its a good motivation to see what investement in your mod does, but i wouldn´t say you have to be that good as he is. Good luck with your modification:)

UPDATE 19/09/15

So I understand you - I just want to say briefly again - did not expect too much from me because the perfection will not be when it comes Modifications

I'll just do as much as I will be able to

I wanted to tell you all that finally after a long time, we have this effect when it comes to light bar MX7000 now have a bright blue red shades middle

In addition, we have more information on Paint police

This means Torento Police Service does not have any undercover police cars

Probably they are a stealth cruiser

I found after nearly a day of searching the Internet

The new stealth Ford Taurus SHO - Painting Silver Black

Returning to stealth Ford Crown Victoria - Also new The Version 2015 years now has painting Silver Black

Old Painting - Dark blue golden or dark blue gray

As for the EMS Fire Police I have all the basic information

At the end of the photos of the new paint stealth cruiser 2015

And photos of of New effect MX7000 Lightbar

I think that such a development of information you will like it:)

169cf776_o.jpeg 9e8f6772_o.jpeg

f63b249a_o.jpeg