William Stapleford

Now wonder this game is failing (WHERE IS THE SUPPORT?)

Ok this is a vent / rant but I don't care anymore maybe a moderator or a support person will read this.  I know I'm not alone when I say that this game is a joke and should have been tested far more before it was released.  I should be requesting my money back because half this game is left undone with "TODO" listed in the coding.  Yes that right start reading through your .json files and you will see "TODO" listed next to items that they never decided to implement, or better yet give wait to release it in a paid DLC.  Who knows what they planned on doing.  

The more they patch the game the more problems I keep finding.  With each patch I lose more and more use in the editor.  I would encourage anyone to go into the EM5 editor and try and use the material browser.  Go to the EM5 main homepage from Sitxteen Tons and follow the tutorial about the cow.  You can not complete it and can not find the files because the material browser does not work and trying to find the textures is a joke and a headache.  

Support ????

What support the idea that there is any support for this game for the English community is a joke too.  Not once has an email been answered as to any of the problems I have found.  Yet I have heard from other in the German forums that they have had communication with the developers.  (please any developers feel free to chime in and prove me wrong)  I welcome it!

When are you guys finally going to finish this game and make it as promised.  This is NOT the game we were promised and this is not a completed game.  Plenty of proof in the files.

Here is one final thing that I have to bring up about the patches.  According to the splash screen we are running 1.4.1 if we have the most recent version to date 10 Sep 2015.  

However, if you open the file in the following directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Emergency 5\bin 

open the file game.app using notepad or wordpad (uncheck all the time boX)

You will find that the file is actually 1.3.2

Did the patch fail or did Steam not get the patch right?  That is the old version of the game and does not correspond with the splash screen 1.4.1

Other then changing and adding lights to vehicles i have had little to no luck in doing much of anything with this game.  Frozenone seems to be the only person on the forums that has had any luck with new vehicles and spawns etc.  

I'm still trying to get in touch with support to address the material browser problem I would ask that the English community flood the support lines with demands/questions about the state they left this game.  

I continue to try and make sense of the files and the structure but it is very time consuming and a mess.  Every time i make progress they set me back with a patch lol.

If you have had any luck working or modding the game please let me know by messaging me.  I would be glad to talk with you.

Hopefully they will actually get the patches correct sometime before Christmas or next year but i wont hold my breath.  This product was unfinished at the best!!  Was not worth the price that Steam put up online and still even with patches is not worth it!!

The .sdk that was released does not come with information or direction and I don't think it is supported by Steam.

This is why the modding people are sticking with EM4 and without some serious changes and some open lines of communication this game is doomed to fail.  It will be another attempt for a company to falsely advertise a product and take the money and run.

Hanging in there but extremely frustrated and pissed off..

William516

Bill

Delaware, USA

===========================================================below is the game.app file info that shows the wrong game version=====================================================

{
    "Format":
    {
        "Type": "Application",
        "Version": "1"
    },
    "Application":
    {
        "ApplicationName": "EMERGENCY 5",
        "ApplicationVersion": "1.3.2",
        "ApplicationTags": "em5 em5_game game",
        "OrganizationName": "Promotion Software GmbH",
        "OrganizationDomain": "promotion-software.de",
        "SplashScreen": "../../data/em5_splash_screen.bmp",
"SplashScreenInfoTexts": "false",
        "Plugins": "qsf_logic qsf_ai qsf_compositing qsf_game em5",
        "Projects": "qsf em5",
        "CurrentProject": "em5",
"UserDirectory": "EMERGENCY 5",
"CacheDirectory": "EMERGENCY 5/cache",
        "ApplicationClassName": "em5::Application"
    }
}

Hey no, I totally get you. The beginning of the game looked promising. We heard from sixteen tons, quadriga games, all that crowd on here. It was nice. Maybe they were listening it looked. Then they had Stan in on some preview stuff. Again, promising, and the game looked like it might answer some of the things we were looking for. Even if it was the same as Emergency 4, just with an updated engine and graphics, we could work with that. 

And then we see the price tag. Heavy, but many paid. Well that was a disappointment. I played two missions and packed it back up, never to be opened again. It was a waste of a game, that's clear. It's also clear the English community isn't wanted. Many modders are continuing in emergency 4, but unless there's a drastic change (and even still, it may be too late) Emergency 5 is dead in the water. It's too much work for not enough gain. This isn't the standard the community was used to, and we're let down as a whole. 

You were probably the most dedicated english one I've seen so far, but as it's clear, even you're fed up with it. I was a doubter from Em 2012 onwards, but oh well. 

Agreed with William.. We have been in talks back and forth thru email trying to figure these files out and edit it them to change.... No luck.. M it's practically impossible... No help from the German forums... It seems sketchy to me that when I log into the German forum under my account I get a whole different forum vs translating it into English when I'm not logged in... Very werid to me like they are blocking the ip address from the west.... Try it out and see for yourself. .. There is helpful info on there and no support or questions to be asked because you just can't... We will keep trying to put time into but it just sucks we can even edit a lightbar....

I should be requesting my money back because half this game is left undone with "TODO" listed in the coding. 

You can find this in nearly every recent game. During the delevopment some parts of planned content won't be realized - that's a completely normal process.

You can not complete it and can not find the files because the material browser does not work and trying to find the textures is a joke and a headache. 

With the last patches there were several changes to the modding system. It's not possible to overwrite original content now. For this case, the tutorials on the page are not up to date. Now you'll have to copy the needed assets to your modification default asset storage folder with the asset browser - then you can edit it with the material browser.

Support ????

What support the idea that there is any support for this game for the English community is a joke too.  Not once has an email been answered as to any of the problems I have found.  Yet I have heard from other in the German forums that they have had communication with the developers.  (please any developers feel free to chime in and prove me wrong)  I welcome it!

Nothing has changed here in the last years. The support of Sixteen Tons Entertainment wasn't really good in the last ten years. In fact, the support for EMERGENCY 5 works much better than for all previous released games.

Here is one final thing that I have to bring up about the patches.  According to the splash screen we are running 1.4.1 if we have the most recent version to date 10 Sep 2015.  

However, if you open the file in the following directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Emergency 5\bin 

open the file game.app using notepad or wordpad (uncheck all the time boX)

You will find that the file is actually 1.3.2

This could be a steam-only problem. If I open this file on my retail version of EMERGENCY, there will be displayed the correct version 1.4.1.

Please stop this silly discussion about "Germans get the needed support from the developers, English community gets nothing". In fact, even the German community has to struggle to get support from the developers. Never forget: EMERGENCY games are low budget productions. The developers don't have the time to provide intense modding support for the game. The German community has got really nice support in the very beginning - but now, most of the developers are inactive in the community boards. The situation in the German community isn't better than here.

Very werid to me like they are blocking the ip address from the west.... Try it out and see for yourself. .. There is helpful info on there and no support or questions to be asked because you just can't...

Sorry, but that's bullshit. There are no IP bans. If you can't post into the German community boards something with your browser or computer is wrong. Can you send me screenshots from the login process and from the board itself after login? Then I can check this.

material browser works fine on that... thanks godra... this is one touchy editor... sent you the screenshots as well... And i never meant to make it sound like the german forum was bs... I just can't figure out why it would load different forums by the way I open them up... Just werid to me. Thanks for the info..

You wouldn't happen to know how to add svn or git repository to import new models would you?