ThinBlueLineKY4

Skinning Help (Words On The Body Of The Vehicle)

Sometimes i get for example the original letters from gogle, copy and paste them and the rework every single letter. Not with the writing tools but with the other normal functions in gimp

Do you mean like copy and paste the correct logo and font then rework all the letters with the paintbrush?

Use larger unit texture;

or http://cooltext.com/

What is "Larger unit texture"?

[snip]

What is "Larger unit texture"?

I'm guessing they mean the actual size of the image. I don't know what's standard/default for EM4, but for San Andreas modding I've noticed things with a higher resolution turn out MUCH better... 1024x1024 just doesn't cut it in that game, I always double that for SA. I'd talk to someone who knows about EM4 modding. I think itchboy uses 1024x1024 for his cars, but I can't remember. 

I'm guessing they mean the actual size of the image. I don't know what's standard/default for EM4, but for San Andreas modding I've noticed things with a higher resolution turn out MUCH better... 1024x1024 just doesn't cut it in that game, I always double that for SA. I'd talk to someone who knows about EM4 modding. I think itchboy uses 1024x1024 for his cars, but I can't remember. 

You call my name?

I use 1024x1024 because its pretty reasonable for Em4. Anything higher would IMO be worthless ingame due to not being able to zoom in that close, nor would you be focusing on the words on a bumper sticker when viewing the game from high above the clouds.

1024 seems fine for my purposes.

EAoKitE.png

0VTwMGP.png

C1MLHgz.png

Here's a comparison of 2048 (CVPI) and 1024 (Caprice)

U47vo9F.png

Another comparison, CVPI is still 2048

5hCVIrC.png

My CVPI skins for my mod will probably be downsized to 1024 eventually. Just gotta work out on redrawing some of the details that will be inevitably lost.