Lighting Rating 1-5  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Quality

2. 2. Patterns

em420150829jhyso28t3r.jpg

em420150829iolg68crtf.jpgem420150829bz5xceilfd.jpgem4201508299csu18fwrk.jpg

Hey guys & welcome to my submod.

It is a relight of the Harbor City Mod.

Work in Progress - No release right now.

Work in Progress FORD AMBULANCE NEW

Look closely on them lightbars patterns.

Credits - Harbor City Mod

Why?

I like the whole Mod and its map with the stations and the vehicles. The only thing which bothered my all the time were the lights.

So i started to relight the fire dept. units.

They have the originl patterns, just the ladder truck has new patterns on the roof lightbars.

What has changed?

This is what is planned/done

-New lighting

-New uv-mapping for some vehicles/new detailed skins

-(Later) New scripts, additions to map

-(Later) New Engine 2009 Pierce Quantum 3D-Model scratch made.

Will this be public?

Yes, indeed. I got permission for a submod of the Harbor City submod for the LA Mod quite some time ago. 

Credits:

Harbor City Version 4.5.2

Main Team: Blackout, Nekonova, Thuri  

Blackout, Nekonova, and Thuri put in tons of work into this new version of Harbor City. The water supply script adds a whole new dimension to the mod. Be advised it may be difficult to play solo! But the good news is the mod is still multiplayer compatible!

I ahh... how do I explain.. okay well I really am not a fan of Mayberry based mods, I dont know why but I dont love the Mayberry mod or mods based off of it. Even if I keep it in my mods folder I still dont play it and I delete it. But I will ask if they still need help. I found someone needing lighting but I will try 2 mods.

Hey guys, im thinking of some more police vehicles for thee mod. What would you like to see? You can request some vehicles! Just mind tat itchboys vehicles are not avaiable/usable. 

I'd say not ADDING the vehicles, but REPLACING some of the patrol Chargers with them. I mean, Chargers are nice, but some variety would be great, too.

As for the models - maybe a CVPI? It is the most common cop car, after all. Maybe even the '06-'08 Charger instead of '13 one. If you want something more unique and interesting - take the civilian Caprice (the LA Mod's nineties one), slap on a lightbar, maybe a pushbar, and you'll get a nice classic cop car. Also, merging existing models is a nice way to start learning modelling.

I'd say not ADDING the vehicles, but REPLACING some of the patrol Chargers with them. I mean, Chargers are nice, but some variety would be great, too.

As for the models - maybe a CVPI? It is the most common cop car, after all. Maybe even the '06-'08 Charger instead of '13 one. If you want something more unique and interesting - take the civilian Caprice (the LA Mod's nineties one), slap on a lightbar, maybe a pushbar, and you'll get a nice classic cop car. Also, merging existing models is a nice way to start learning modelling.

One thing I hated about the harbour city mod was its all chargers... And the unmarked CVPI they did add could have been updated to a newer one...

Work on Charger is done! Also i improved the skin, the lights and details had  white pieces

Every light was redone, lights have been added too.

Old lights redone:

Lightbar

Headlights

Taillights

Pushbumperlights

Mirrorlights

New:

Flashinglights at Licenseplate

Flashinglights in Grill

Sideflashinglights in rear windows 

wigwag in headlights

tailight flashingpatterns

Credits go to original Harborcity Authors

If you can prove to me that you can go beyond simply lighting vehicles, I might PM you with a little gift :), first though, you gotta prove it to yourself and everyone else that you can revamp Harbor City.

Thats my plan. I will take my time to do it properly. I learn with the german forums wiki, like mapping and scripting. The next level i think would be adding new scripts/rework older scripts. One of my scripting ideas would be different mods for the directional lights, for example: Directional left,Directional right, Directional both sides, Directional stop. That will be the first i´ll do:) Also i want to improve some skins. I already did some improvement on the chargers skin but that just have been minor updates. For me the lighting is an important part in the Harbor City Mod, because thats one of the things the mod really misses. So this will be also done. My benchmark is the RCMP Mods lighting, and i´m far away from its quality but trying to make the lights as realistic as possible. I aslo started with 3D-Models, but thats also a learning process. My benchmark there are your vehicles, itchboy. So i hope i can fill some of your hopes but please understand that i have to learn alot of things to do it on my own. 

Thats my plan. I will take my time to do it properly. I learn with the german forums wiki, like mapping and scripting. The next level i think would be adding new scripts/rework older scripts. One of my scripting ideas would be different mods for the directional lights, for example: Directional left,Directional right, Directional both sides, Directional stop. That will be the first i´ll do:) Also i want to improve some skins. I already did some improvement on the chargers skin but that just have been minor updates. For me the lighting is an important part in the Harbor City Mod, because thats one of the things the mod really misses. So this will be also done. My benchmark is the RCMP Mods lighting, and i´m far away from its quality but trying to make the lights as realistic as possible. I aslo started with 3D-Models, but thats also a learning process. My benchmark there are your vehicles, itchboy. So i hope i can fill some of your hopes but please understand that i have to learn alot of things to do it on my own. 

I certainly understand. Offer stands indefinitlely until you can prove that you can model, skin and UV map.

So this Project is a lot more then just new lights!

This is what is planned/done

-New lighting

-New uv-mapping for some vehicles/new detailed skins

-(Later) New scripts, additions to map

-(Later) New Engine 2009 Pierce Quantum 3D-Model scratch made.

Working on the uv-mapping of foam 8:)

foam8leftfbc3u98p4o.png

Hey mindcat,

I wouldn't suggest making directional lights left, directional lights right, and directional lights stop. In a forum, a certain member told me that Emergency 4 wasn't meant to handle scripts like that. It doesn't mean you can't make a script like that, it just means that more crashes can happen. I also thought about this idea but the member told me it could cause more lag or crashes. STILL I SUPPORT YOU FULLY NO MATTER WHAT. I SUPPORT YOU IN DOING IT AND PROVE THAT EMERGENCY 4 CAN HANDLE IT. If you ever need help with anything, just tell me and I will help you. Good luck with everything -Corsair

No, I understand I just wanted to give you the heads up.

Heres what the member said

"Its pointless in Em4. Adds too much effort making so many lights. Also means more lag. More importantly, vehicles in Em4 can only be redirected backwards, not left, right or around.

This feature IMO is just one for show and doesnt make a mod better."

No, I understand I just wanted to give you the heads up.

Heres what the member said

"Its pointless in Em4. Adds too much effort making so many lights. Also means more lag. More importantly, vehicles in Em4 can only be redirected backwards, not left, right or around.

This feature IMO is just one for show and doesnt make a mod better."

That member would be me, and that statement remains true and shall remain true forever.

But its your choice if you want 200 redirectional lights.