Mindcat

Project Harbor City - the unofficial Rework

Lighting Rating 1-5  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Quality

2. 2. Patterns

That member would be me, and that statement remains true and shall remain true forever.

But its your choice if you want 200 redirectional lights.

No i don´t want that:D Im more for a true improvement for the gameplay experience in the mod but as i currently don´t know much of scripting i more want to focus on 3D-Model and uv-mapping

:) Hello there, certain member. It would just be in total, 24 lights for directional lights left and right. I know how to do it this way

https://youtu.be/hW0BVxCBriE

But I only know how to do it without the strobe. I know how to make the directional lights go left or right but ONLY WITHOUT THE STROBES AS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO.

:) Hello there, certain member. It would just be in total, 24 lights for directional lights left and right. I know how to do it this way

https://youtu.be/hW0BVxCBriE

I think (not sure tho) that the amount of the lights would also have something to do with the scripting structure and how the script would work (maybe?) Also amount changes with the size of the actual light bar which it is used on and how detailed it should be. 

I never knew that the scripting structure had to do something with the amount of lights!

The game is hardcoded to make the vehicles redirect LEFT to the opposite side of their paths. Ther is no way to change that. ERS Berlin mod has a "redirect around" command, but it requires a mission script for it to be achieved. And mission scripting is the hardest of the hard, that only 3 people have done it so far. Hoppah, bma, and me

Just wrote something stupid there and wanted it to delete it. If itchboy says that this is difficult then im going to trust him and don´t even try to do it. I focus on these things im learning right now which would be 3D-Model and uv-mapping. Thanks itchboy for clearing that up

Just doing lights may look nice but isn´t a change in functionality, so i can just leave it like it is. And yes, Corsair, your Signature is pretty obvious. But thats not the way it works. If i need your help i contact you and then you can help me. I like to keep everything in my own hands as long as possible.  

oh okay, no problem!

Thanks to itchboy i´m now really motivated to really get in the depth with this mod. Right now i re-uv map the ambulances, some of the policecars and some of the fire apparatus. After that i´ll start my first own model, a 2009 Pierce Quantum. This truck will be replacing engine 1. What else would you guys like to see?

Ladys and Gentleman,

I have sad news for you. My Notebook had a total crash when doing a backup on my seperate hard-drive. Nothing can be recovered, i already tried. 

So, thats a step back for me but it teaches me to make more backups.

So i basically have to restart completly. Some may have noticed that i posted some aggressiv comments two weeks ago and got banned. That was the day when everthing happened and i really was really frustrated. That was also the day when i got suspended. 

BUT:

I will be redo everything. Not only that but i will do it much better then before. Better skins, better lights, new uv-maps, new 3D-Models, Script improvements....

Im optimistic to be able to recover the old progress soon. 

After summerbreak im no on a highschool and i really don´t have that much time anymore, so please understand me when some content may not get finished in time. But on thee weekends i will wokr full-power on the mod.

All in all unfortunatly but i learned from it and hope you guys can forgive me that lack of savings of modding progress

With kind regards from germany

Mindcat