PexlexX

Emergency 5 big Modding Progress by German Modders

As im following the development of Mods for Em5 in the German and English communities, i just wanted to inform you guys, that some German modders did a huge step (biggest so far?) in Modding Em5. They imported an Em4 model to Em5 which is playable! Further more they announced to give an tutorial in the next weeks.

Links: www.emergency-forum.de (cant paste link in)

By the way an German EM Fansites Name is Emergency Newstime, you can check them on facebook and See the modders Progress there (im not related to them im any way)

Greetings PexlexX

As im following the development of Mods for Em5 in the German and English communities, i just wanted to inform you guys, that some German modders did a huge step (biggest so far?) in Modding Em5. They imported an Em4 model to Em5 which is playable! Further more they announced to give an tutorial in the next weeks.

Links: www.emergency-forum.de (cant paste link in)

By the way an German EM Fansites Name is Emergency Newstime, you can check them on facebook and See the modders Progress there (im not related to them im any way)

Greetings PexlexX

Ive seen it. Its a new fire engine with complete lighting and doors. Pretty awesome. Finally some action and love to that (honestly) bad game. It has its issues, but this will be the start of a new good thing. It isn't a big modding problem unless you are overly concerned about Em5 making Em4 obsolete. That day is still very far away because Em5 uses completely different scripting language and methodology.,models are much harder to create than Em4, and most importantly, the majority of us are still with Em4.

I don't find it to be a problem. Em4 and Em5 modding can coexist quite nicely, although it is inevitable that Em4 modding will die out within the next 5-10 years. I myself may move to Em5 once I am able to upgrade to a much more capable computer.

Finally some action and love to that (honestly) bad game.

The only people I really see say that there are big issues with EM5 are EM4 fanboys who don't want to move forward.  As someone who started the EM series with EM5 and is not biased, I've yet to experience any issues that make the game unplayable.  My biggest gripes are that it's not properly optimized, and that EM4 modders are big babies and won't move to EM5 and support that game.

Really sad to see people trash talk EM5 just because it's not EM4.

The only people I really see say that there are big issues with EM5 are EM4 fanboys who don't want to move forward.  As someone who started the EM series with EM5 and is not biased, I've yet to experience any issues that make the game unplayable.  My biggest gripes are that it's not properly optimized, and that EM4 modders are big babies and won't move to EM5 and support that game.

And your Mister Superclever? Whats wrong with you man?? You don´t know anything about the problems EM5 has/had and what actually has changed to EM4.I like EM4 better then EM5 just because it is better. Better Editor, better for older computers, better Gameplay expirience, more open buildings and EM5 is waay to expensive and there is actually no big change in functionality in EM5 compared to EM4.I don´t want a nice new bling-bling GUI i want to see serious gameplay improvements. What i´ve expected would have been open buildings, more emergency vehicle variety and much more... And not a new editor. The old one was fine. I don´t need big improvements in something which has been good. Everything changed modding-wise and it is really difficult to actually re-learn everything you have been learning in the good old editor before. There are no big mods out right now and for example "Amsterdam Amstelland" Mod has damn good graphics and a very nice gameplay. I´d prefer that much over EM5. Its just commercial buisness and has nothing really to do with the community. Thats why i don´t swap. 

I guess you did not try the game when it first came out? It was a buggy mess that barely played on low on top of line systems. I had huge issues with em5. It was a buggy unfinished game. It only just became playable. heck when it launch there was no way to mod it. So maybe get your facts straight first.

I'm being honest when I say that Em5 has its issues, just as much as Em4 has its own.

Trouble is, the english speaking community isnt getting much support (note how all but one of the tutorial vids for Em5 are German), and more importantly, it isn't about us being "babies" but rather, we prefer to stay in Em4 for various reasons.

Some of us do not have PC's that can run Em5 (I am here), others don't have the coin and the prop to buy it, others still dont see it as a worthy upgrade despite all the hype that was given to it.

It isnt fair generalizing all Em4 modders as babies who refuse to move on to Em5. Its kinda sad when it suddenly becomes a requirement to move to the next game (see: GTAIV and GTAV) in terms of modding.

Most of us did not immediately write off Em5 for the reasons you stated. Most of us had an educated view and tried out the game before deciding it wasn't worth the hassle of having to re-learn everything we already know just for a game that hasnt lived up to the promise of "easy modding".

I personally couldnt run Em5 at all, so that automatically disqualifies me from modding Em5, but I do understand the reasons why many prefer to stay with Em4.

And your Mister Superclever? Whats wrong with you man?? You don´t know anything about the problems EM5 has/had and what actually has changed to EM4.I like EM4 better then EM5 just because it is better. Better Editor, better for older computers, better Gameplay expirience, more open buildings and EM5 is waay to expensive and there is actually no big change in functionality in EM5 compared to EM4.I don´t want a nice new bling-bling GUI i want to see serious gameplay improvements. What i´ve expected would have been open buildings, more emergency vehicle variety and much more... And not a new editor. The old one was fine. I don´t need big improvements in something which has been good. Everything changed modding-wise and it is really difficult to actually re-learn everything you have been learning in the good old editor before. There are no big mods out right now and for example "Amsterdam Amstelland" Mod has damn good graphics and a very nice gameplay. I´d prefer that much over EM5. Its just commercial buisness and has nothing really to do with the community. Thats why i don´t swap. 

I play EM5 on a daily basis.  I've yet to run into any bugs or any issues.  Meanwhile, I purchase EM4, install a mod, and right away run into an issue.  I agree, EM5 is not worth its actual price, but it's not a bad game.  You people need to get off your EM4 high horse and quit bashing a game simply because it's not EM4.

I guess you did not try the game when it first came out? It was a buggy mess that barely played on low on top of line systems. I had huge issues with em5. It was a buggy unfinished game. It only just became playable. heck when it launch there was no way to mod it. So maybe get your facts straight first.

My facts are straight. Yes, it was buggy when it first came out.  Now, it's fine!  The only time I have ever crashed was after I installed a couple mods and they conflicted with each other.  EM5 is a finished product.  Just because it doesn't have everything YOU want in it doesn't mean it's unfinished.  Again, guess you're just unlucky. I've not experienced any bugs.  Hell, I'm recording my EM5 playthroughs...no bugs.

I'm being honest when I say that Em5 has its issues, just as much as Em4 has its own.

Trouble is, the english speaking community isnt getting much support (note how all but one of the tutorial vids for Em5 are German), and more importantly, it isn't about us being "babies" but rather, we prefer to stay in Em4 for various reasons.

Some of us do not have PC's that can run Em5 (I am here), others don't have the coin and the prop to buy it, others still dont see it as a worthy upgrade despite all the hype that was given to it.

It isnt fair generalizing all Em4 modders as babies who refuse to move on to Em5. Its kinda sad when it suddenly becomes a requirement to move to the next game (see: GTAIV and GTAV) in terms of modding.

Most of us did not immediately write off Em5 for the reasons you stated. Most of us had an educated view and tried out the game before deciding it wasn't worth the hassle of having to re-learn everything we already know just for a game that hasnt lived up to the promise of "easy modding".

I personally couldnt run Em5 at all, so that automatically disqualifies me from modding Em5, but I do understand the reasons why many prefer to stay with Em4.

I respect modders, I do, but it's not fair to the people that bought EM5 and find out there is only a handful, literally a handful of people making mods for the game.  Don't get me wrong, I love the mods I'm using, but I want an American mod. I want American apparatus.  I'm SOL and have to buy EM4 again (and deal with its TERRIBLE graphics and camera movement system) just for that American apparatus experience.

I respect modders, I do, but it's not fair to the people that bought EM5 and find out there is only a handful, literally a handful of people making mods for the game.  Don't get me wrong, I love the mods I'm using, but I want an American mod. I want American apparatus.  I'm SOL and have to buy EM4 again (and deal with its TERRIBLE graphics and camera movement system) just for that American apparatus experience.

But it isnt right to "force" modders to go to Em5. The way you say that "its not fair" almost sounds like you expect modders to make the transition to Em5. I disagree with that because modders do this when they want to and if they want to. You honestly can't say that mods for Em5 are a thing you or anyone else are entitled to, because we all do this in our free time. The thing that isnt fair is that people would imply that they get to decide or have the freedom to choose what we do. Its really a matter of personal preference whether they choose to go into Em5 or not. We all have our reasons mentioned previously why most of us choose to stay in Em4.

You're only SOL if you believe yourself to be. If you think Em4 is such a curse, there are alternate ways of getting the game without spending a cent. But that kind of discussion isnt allowed here and I'm only giving you an idea that if you take it to be a burden to you, it will be regardless how much you pay for it or how much you want American stuff.

Going back to your first statement, the usage of the word "fair" sends the message that Em5 players deserve modders and mods, especially those of the American theme. The reality is, nobody deserves anything. Modding happens when it happens, and it is an unpredictable thing that cannot be expected, like the weather.

Nothing in this community is fair, especially not fair usage of models and content. Thats an underlying problem as a whole regardless of what EM-Game you're modding. The average person like me and the many other hardworking and talented people in the community as a whole would certainly find it insulting that you imply that Em5 modding should be forced onto people just because of the money you spent on the game, and the money you dont want to spend on Em4 because of your dislike for it.

I play EM5 on a daily basis.  I've yet to run into any bugs or any issues.  Meanwhile, I purchase EM4, install a mod, and right away run into an issue.  I agree, EM5 is not worth its actual price, but it's not a bad game.  You people need to get off your EM4 high horse and quit bashing a game simply because it's not EM4.

My facts are straight. Yes, it was buggy when it first came out.  Now, it's fine!  The only time I have ever crashed was after I installed a couple mods and they conflicted with each other.  EM5 is a finished product.  Just because it doesn't have everything YOU want in it doesn't mean it's unfinished.  Again, guess you're just unlucky. I've not experienced any bugs.  Hell, I'm recording my EM5 playthroughs...no bugs.

I guess your in the wrong position to argue with EM4 Modders. You need to respect their work and what they like to do. You can´t just say everyone HAS to switch just for the fact that you don´t have any mods to play with. It is not YOU making the development and invest that much time into modding.

Thanks,

Mindcat 

That day is still very far away because Em5 uses completely different scripting language and methodology.,models are much harder to create than Em4, and most importantly, the majority of us are still with Em4.

Actually, every German modder who has really got into the modding mechanics and functions of EMERGENCY 5 says, that the modding is as easy as the modding of EMERGENCY 4 - sometimes even easier. The first steps are really hard, but once the basics are clear, the work with EM5 is really easy and smooth. The workflow is much better and you can get results much faster than with EM4.

Actually, every German modder who has really got into the modding mechanics and functions of EMERGENCY 5 says, that the modding is as easy as the modding of EMERGENCY 4 - sometimes even easier. The first steps are really hard, but once the basics are clear, the work with EM5 is really easy and smooth. The workflow is much better and you can get results much faster than with EM4.

Well I'm still unable to play the game due to its heavy specs. And according to several sources, it runs worse than GTAV. It doesnt set a good precedence if it already lags with vanila content. It would most likely lag even worse when heavilly modded. Thats the only thing keeping me from the game.

For something that is an RTS game, it has some seriously heavy minimum specs that I cannot reconcile.