LAD23DER

Increase (LA) Mission Startup Money

I've not done it, but have you tried editing the file with the name 'campaign.xml' that is found inside the 'specs' folder for the mod?

Each line in that file has a "budget=" section. I would guess that editing that would change the budget for each mission.

Alternatively, I believe there is a cheat that adds money that can be used whilst playing the missions.

Hey Guys,

I have been trying to edit the amount of money available at the start of an LA mission so I can use a realistic amount of units. I have tried editing everything, but it doesn't seem to change it.

Thank You!

campaign.xml contains the values for money. If you still can't get it to work, go into the editor and load the map. In the editor, go to the mission properties and change the value there.

If it still doesnt work, cheating is your only realistic solution. Typing "magic" for regular Em4 and 911FR activates cheats. The keyword is "fairz" if using Deluxe. Press Control+Shift+F1 and it gives you 100k points which should be more than enough.

Note that having a large number of vehicles on map will cause lag and trying to play the mission realistically will probably be difficult due to the way the game was originally designed. IMO its a pain having to manage many vehicles and having them just sit around on map doing nothing seems useless to me. I believe in function over form and that realistic number of units doesnt mean anything if you end up failing the mission anyway. I'd prefer having those roleplaying stuff in freeplay mode where there isnt time or budget constrains.

campaign.xml contains the values for money. If you still can't get it to work, go into the editor and load the map. In the editor, go to the mission properties and change the value there.

If it still doesnt work, cheating is your only realistic solution. Typing "magic" for regular Em4 and 911FR activates cheats. The keyword is "fairz" if using Deluxe. Press Control+Shift+F1 and it gives you 100k points which should be more than enough.

Note that having a large number of vehicles on map will cause lag and trying to play the mission realistically will probably be difficult due to the way the game was originally designed. IMO its a pain having to manage many vehicles and having them just sit around on map doing nothing seems useless to me. I believe in function over form and that realistic number of units doesnt mean anything if you end up failing the mission anyway. I'd prefer having those roleplaying stuff in freeplay mode where there isnt time or budget constrains.

Well, you are mostly right, though in some missions this can be useful. In the mission 16, for example, placing roadblocks around the map is both roleplaying and functional. First time I've been playing, I've put them there for RP reasons, and they've proven to be useful.

Also, there was a time I've played LA MP with my pal, and we ran out of budged, not even roleplaying.