Darren-NYPD

Animating new spotlight (like rw spotlight super)

Hi I was trying to animate a new spotlight for a police light tower truck. I tried using zmodeler 3 and thats  to a tutorial online I managed to get an Idea how to animate..

If I manage to animate correctly and manages to assign the animation with the model in zmodeler do i have to create a script for commands in game ?

(Becuase Rw spotlight super has Loghts on, Lights Of Commands and same commands are not in scrips folder of the game)... how can this be possabile?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I watched this youtube video from zmodeler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc6N6KPqgW8

Now I managed to create animations as Lights On (Light Pole goes up) ... then Lights OFF (light Pole goes down)..

Now it seemd that my problem is How to connect  these animatuons in the game scripts of LIGHTS ON and LIGHTS OFF.

Any type of help would be greatly appriciated

Here are 2 pics to explain

LIGHTS ON:

lights_on.jpg

LIGHTS OFF

off.jpg

Hi, ( If i understood you right )

regarding animations,  I did the animation already (with zmod 3) so now i have the truck file (v3o) and truck animatiuon file (vmo).. in editor they work but in game no *probably due to script :s

I was planning to somehow assign the animations in Lights On and Lights Of scripts of the original game since they are used for the same purpose. but can't manage

Hi, ( If i understood you right )

regarding animations,  I did the animation already (with zmod 3) so now i have the truck file (v3o) and truck animatiuon file (vmo).. in editor they work but in game no *probably due to script :s

I was planning to somehow assign the animations in Lights On and Lights Of scripts of the original game since they are used for the same purpose. but can't manage

Did you name the animations properly? Did you name them like the original RW in Em4?

Yes they are named the same.

So I named the animations in the truck as Light_on and Light_OFF exectally how the are the names of the animations in the RW_SPOTLIGHT_SUPER file.

When the rw_spotlight_super file was placed on the rw equipment vehicle in the game it had Lightson and lightsoff commands attached and it worked.. min is'nt :s .... I also changed the traits of the police truck to rw. (as the rw truck) to be exectally.

screen.jpg

They look the same, The only difference is that mine don't have the first letter in caps)

(My exta one named bindpose) that is empty, cause i worked step by step like the tutorial in the video

They look the same, The only difference is that mine don't have the first letter in caps)

Which is exactly your problem, it must be a verbatim match to the original in order for the game to recognize and use it.

Btw i dont know if it has something to do but since its a vehicle i cannot tick the same traits as the rw spotlight super ( at the bottom where there is Complete: x physics x children x lights etc....)

All you have to do is open the V3O in notepad, and change it to be Light_on and Light_off, once that is done the superstructure should function with the default hard-coded system then.  bindpose should have no bearing on the function of the animations, as long as the other two present are named properly and function properly as far as their animation frames go.

The way I animate is in the V3O so I guess you'd have to either redo them or open the vmo and rename them (if possible).  I am not sure if vmo's are able to be altered after the fact since I don't do it that way=/