Megatherion

Freezes at launch!

When I click Start Game in the launcher, the games instantly freezes at the splash screen. I can't even alt-tab out; have to cntrl-alt-delete. When I do this, the game starts running in the background; I choose start task manager and the game keeps running when in the background but when I bring it to the front; it freezes instantly again. I have tried many things to fix this: setting compatability to the launcher.exe and the emergency5.exe to run as administrator, set up a profile in catalyst control center to disable crossfire and give application control to all settings in ccc, disabled antivirus and firewall in McAfee.I also unplugged all other monitors then rebooted. All this has had no effect. It does run in windowed mode, but I really want it fullscreen. I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

When I click Start Game in the launcher, the games instantly freezes at the splash screen. I can't even alt-tab out; have to cntrl-alt-delete. When I do this, the game starts running in the background; I choose start task manager and the game keeps running when in the background but when I bring it to the front; it freezes instantly again. I have tried many things to fix this: setting compatability to the launcher.exe and the emergency5.exe to run as administrator, set up a profile in catalyst control center to disable crossfire and give application control to all settings in ccc, disabled antivirus and firewall in McAfee.I also unplugged all other monitors then rebooted. All this has had no effect. It does run in windowed mode, but I really want it fullscreen. I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you downloaded all the latest patches for EM5!???

One other thing to consider is your performance on your computer tower/laptop!? Firstly though I'd double check that you have downloaded all the patch's for Emergency 5.