Ace612

Blackwood County (Fictional), OR

Okay one more question. Will there be other models of trucks with skins of USFS?

For what I've seen, USFS trucks are mostly made on the same chassis. For now, we'll stick to one model. Most likely, there will be a tanker added.

As for alternative skins/liveries, I suppose you mean these:

firededic_trucks.jpg:

The answer is: probably no, at least for now. Yellow ones belong to Bureau of Land Management, which is a different agency, and white base ones might (or might not) get confused with NPS units.

map looks epic and the photo does love the way the truck and the crown vic just fit in to the photo and the photo with the suv is good shows a nice view

Nah, I was talking about an '09 charger model. You know, the one with split rear lights, like this

Oregon_State_Police_Car.jpg

NNico's one was better detailed than the LA mod one, and had no pre-installed accessories, which is what I need. Or maybe if there is another one you guys know..,

Nah, I was talking about an '09 charger model. You know, the one with split rear lights, like this

NNico's one was better detailed than the LA mod one, and had no pre-installed accessories, which is what I need. Or maybe if there is another one you guys know..,

The LA Mod one is actually better IMO than Nnico's model. It has a much more accurate shape and captures the look of an '06 Charger much better. If you give it a bit of a reskin and some touch ups, they can look quite good.

oEuWlFf.png

From my personal LA mod, and no, I ain't giving it.

Don't fall into the gimmick that HD skin and highpoly model = good. In this game, less is more. Also, you could easilly take the LA Mod Chargers and rip the lightbars off of them. Then you're done.

The LA Mod one is actually better IMO than Nnico's model. It has a much more accurate shape and captures the look of an '06 Charger much better. If you give it a bit of a reskin and some touch ups, they can look quite good.

oEuWlFf.png

From my personal LA mod, and no, I ain't giving it.

Don't fall into the gimmick that HD skin and highpoly model = good. In this game, less is more. Also, you could easilly take the LA Mod Chargers and rip the lightbars off of them. Then you're done.

Those Chargers are utterly beautiful :D

I know that HD skin in this game is far from a requirement. But sometimes LD skins just don't cut for a certain unit. I mean, on 512 skin, the writings I plan for charger will likely look a bit "fuzzy". And with NNico's 2k CVPI, them standing side by side it would kind of catch the eye.

Or, for example with personnel, 128 is good enough for most uniforms, but if you try to strap some camo on 128x128 LA Mod SWAT guy, it will look fugly. Probably that's the reason NGs in LA Mod have 512x512 skin and most other personnel - 128x128.

Those Chargers are utterly beautiful :D

I know that HD skin in this game is far from a requirement. But sometimes LD skins just don't cut for a certain unit. I mean, on 512 skin, the writings I plan for charger will likely look a bit "fuzzy". And with NNico's 2k CVPI, them standing side by side it would kind of catch the eye.

Or, for example with personnel, 128 is good enough for most uniforms, but if you try to strap some camo on 128x128 LA Mod SWAT guy, it will look fugly. Probably that's the reason NGs in LA Mod have 512x512 skin and most other personnel - 128x128.

You're welcome. Those Chargers have improved skins that I resized to 1024, then added the decals on them afterwards.

A simple resizing and redrawing of the Charger texture is all you need. Taurus on left has 1024 vs Nnico's 2k CVPI on right.

VQSYPpU.png

You're welcome. Those Chargers have improved skins that I resized to 1024, then added the decals on them afterwards.

A simple resizing and redrawing of the Charger texture is all you need. Taurus on left has 1024 vs Nnico's 2k CVPI on right.

VQSYPpU.png

Yeah, I know 1k vs 2k both seem good. But wouldn't resizing the texture require it's remapping?

Yeah, I know 1k vs 2k both seem good. But wouldn't resizing the texture require it's remapping?

If you keep the aspect ratio the same, the UV mapping won't be ruined. If its currently 512x512, making it 1024x1024 won't hurt. Its what I did.

Hello was browsing the internet just about this state and the state police

and I found a very interesting cruiser - I know it is in an older Version LA mod

And if you get the  permission , then you can have it as a highway patrol

This is an older unit but it would be nice to see this vehicle in Modification

what do You think about it ?

455006415_0813090ce5_z.jpg?zz=11318060106_cb18582fda.jpg459569838_e6a78d0a1d.jpg459581262_c96a181a89.jpg

Hello was browsing the internet just about this state and the state police

and I found a very interesting cruiser - I know it is in an older Version LA mod

And if you get the  permission , then you can have it as a highway patrol

This is an older unit but it would be nice to see this vehicle in Modification

what do You think about it ?

*pictures*

I though about that one. Let's say, for now I'm focused on making the map work and getting all kinds of units that will allow normal gameplay. Plus, for now OSP has probably the most different units of all the agencies included. Long story short - it is (one of the) first among the units that are planned to be added after the first playable build.

Damn, this car brings back memories from old NFS games

UPD:

And here is something I worked on today. Civilian model taken from LA Mod, textures redrawn into 1024x1024.

Thought small sheriff's dept couldn't go without having at least one such classic in their park

jzdZfuH.png

Model: LA Mod - not in credits - probably Hoppah

Textures: Wheel texture - bama1234, reworked by Ace612

Headlights and taillights - Pumbars (for GTA:SA)

Grille - that guy, who put up a '92 Caprice grille up for sale on EBay :D

Rest - Ace612

Two new vehicles for the state-ies:
Oregon State Police EOD Response Unit
Truck and lights model - itchboy
Model edit - lapdlafd
Textures - Ace612
lmPcroF.png

Oregon State Police SWAT Lenco BEAR
Truck model - PaterRixon & lapdlafd
Lights model - dmn and itchboy
Textures - Ace612
New SWAT personnel