Ace612

Blackwood County (Fictional), OR

I saw this on Facebook and wondered if there is gonna be any incidents like this? http://www.firerescue1.com/fire-ems/articles/10358018-BREAKING-Oregon-community-college-shooter-kills-10-injures-20/

While many would argue against that simply as poor taste, I think the biggest argument against it is that it's just not in with the style of the mod (wilderness and park-ey)

so your question on USFS operations and vehicals used and ground operations. USFS has two types of engines , the larger one you had a picture of with the ywllow white and forestry service green and then a smaller engine. Larger engine-  http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Fd4bYV1ibEI/maxresdefault.jpg smaller engine- http://fire-engine-photos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/29194.jpg diffrent variations for both but still same cab style. the units are numbered by district area mostly by many engines there are bfore that in order e.g Engine-01 then they by 20 more engines so the last one they bought would be Engine-21 but i can verify this info with the assistant fire officer in my area. The use the same units all over some older some newer then others. remember the USFS is fed so they keep the same modles across the board. USFS dosnt have air units besides fixed wing units and heli attacks for the smoke jumpers and heli attack fire crews. most other air tankers are private companys that have contracts with the goverment or are military cargo planes with a skid unit in the back. Hand crews are 20 man crews and range from hotshot crews to smoke jumpers to heli attack to your basic hand crew. then you have your engine crew and are staffed depending on they engine type IE type I type II type II and so on. i can give you persise crew staffing per engine type if you wish im a wildland firefighter and we have this handy dandy pocket book we have to have on us that gives us all this info so we know what to call for. Wildland fires fall under the National Interagency Fire Center and each state has its on wildland fire crew or crews ie The Ohio Interagency Fire Crew. they can be called up to go where ever in the united states to fight a fire and this falls into all states if they have the numbers to send a crew and most of the crews are actully college students, thats why there is a current manpower issue with the active fires out west because they lost alot of ther crews because the fall semester just started back up. and like somone else said wildfires are fought mostly by the hand crews and contain the fire but alas this is a game and we are limited on what we can do and change. Wildland firefighters dont always use engines to get water they also use portable pumps in creeks and ponds to hold the fire line and for mop up. The USFS does have Law Enforcement also just about ever national forest that is run bt the USFS has USFS Law enforcment officers there and they use the dodge pickup and chevy taho. your USFS tender is spot on btw. alot of units respond to forest fire not just the park service and USFS alot of states send crews and engines and tenders to assist depending on the location of the fire. if you need any more ifo on USFS shoot me a PM i know this was one long post and im sorry but i figured id share the info with everyone so we could all learn something new :D and for real i cant wait for this mod to come out i have been wanting a mod like this for some time now so keep at it and i am willing to donate if thats what it takes to keep this mod going!

To add on. The engines in their frontline fleet are now model 34's. 4 wheel drive engines on a navistar chassis made by a few different companies (rosenbauer, placer fire equipment, HME)

To add on. The engines in their frontline fleet are now model 34's. 4 wheel drive engines on a navistar chassis made by a few different companies (rosenbauer, placer fire equipment, HME)

i didnt know that lol its hard keeping up with everything oh and one thing i forgot to add MOST of there engines are pump and roll meaning that they can pump and drive because the pump is not working off of the drive shaft. some front mount pumps can do that but they work off of the gear box and well front mount pumpers are a dieing breed one of the departments im on has one but its from the 80's i think.

hi i`m new here but do you got some updates

Hey I do not want to worry you but I have some bad news for the future of the MODIFY on this page

1 did not be realized - 2 Lost interest and matters of life - 3 remains to wait maybe there will be more information in 2016

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:10 PM, Connor Brumleve said:

Is this mod still active? and is this mod a USFS only mod or does it have other stuff too?

20 minutes ago, Firebuff319 said:

Can't wait for this mod. Hopefully not dead. I really want to play as USFS!

Not to be a downer, I really wanted to play this mod too, but considering how old the last few posts are, I don't think this is still in development. sorry.

I think once I finish my mod I may make a mod similar to this one though.