Ace612

Blackwood County (Fictional), OR

Sorry if this has been asked, but what kind of police callouts can we expect? [emoji14]

I am aiming to include all the original callouts, with them being possibly harder then usual, as it is planned that the suspects will try running through the woods

Sent from my HUAWEI Y600-U20 using Tapatalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_XH_RHr2A Here's a video of forest firefighting in Oregon, including some vehicles for the USFS if you want to try to model them

Kinda gives me an idea on a script that creates "firebreaks" that makes the trees behind the firebreak invincible and cannot burn. It would need some work from Ace612 but it could be done.

And now, the crowd applauses and begs for the script.

Kinda gives me an idea on a script that creates "firebreaks" that makes the trees behind the firebreak invincible and cannot burn. It would need some work from Ace612 but it could be done.

And now, the crowd applauses and begs for the script.

That sounds really cool. This kid is looking excellent, for an event what about a freight train derailment in the forest, few injured and a leak of chemical gas

That sounds really cool. This kid is looking excellent, for an event what about a freight train derailment in the forest, few injured and a leak of chemical gas

Custom events unfortunately require mission script logic which is very very very hard to do. Believe me.

The most one can do is use the default Em4 events and position them in a way that the forest complicates them and makes them more difficult to solve. An example would be a gas explosion in a cabin surrounded by trees. Now that would be a challenge.

Custom events unfortunately require mission script logic which is very very very hard to do. Believe me.

The most one can do is use the default Em4 events and position them in a way that the forest complicates them and makes them more difficult to solve. An example would be a gas explosion in a cabin surrounded by trees. Now that would be a challenge.

That is every firefighters nightmare 

One hell of a derailment, considering there's almost no railway on the map :D

Though accident(s) involving chemical transportation truck(s) is a good idea...

As for the fire breaks - I won't promise anything, as I am not sure if I'll be able to deliver. I'm not sure my scripting skills will be enough for such a job.

Also a little problem with fire breaks - it is close to impossible to create forests in Em4 with "tree" objects, as the game uses a special, non-chainsawable (non-physical) "forest" model which is a collection of about half a dozen trees and some undergrowth. The performance drops very significantly if single trees are used.

I believe HAZMAT accidents may be recreated based on MVA accidents with a little help of mission-used objects, like that truck, which spills chemicals upon destruction.

Oh, and good luck responding to a "person fallen" call, if that person is hiker in the woods, without assembling a full-fledged Search and Rescue team :D

It's a shame it's hard, I keep meaning to tinker with things like this but I have never got around to it. I would not want to have a situation like that where a huge forest fire start by a gas explosion, on second thoughts it might be a fun challenge :D

It's a shame it's hard, I keep meaning to tinker with things like this but I have never got around to it. I would not want to have a situation like that where a huge forest fire start by a gas explosion, on second thoughts it might be a fun challenge :D

If you have Em4 deluxe, there already is a forest fire mission available to play with. Problem is, the majority here I believe use 911FR or normal Em4, so they don't have the event in freeplay.

One hell of a derailment, considering there's almost no railway on the map :D

Though accident(s) involving chemical transportation truck(s) is a good idea...

As for the fire breaks - I won't promise anything, as I am not sure if I'll be able to deliver. I'm not sure my scripting skills will be enough for such a job.

Also a little problem with fire breaks - it is close to impossible to create forests in Em4 with "tree" objects, as the game uses a special, non-chainsawable (non-physical) "forest" model which is a collection of about half a dozen trees and some undergrowth. The performance drops very significantly if single trees are used.

I believe HAZMAT accidents may be recreated based on MVA accidents with a little help of mission-used objects, like that truck, which spills chemicals upon destruction.

Oh, and good luck responding to a "person fallen" call, if that person is hiker in the woods, without assembling a full-fledged Search and Rescue team :D

Like I said, mission related stuff is very difficult to pull of and it required that you basically recreate normal freeplay, but in the campaign mode.

I've tried making my own mission script. Very difficult to do and progress is super slow due to the amount of code and functions I have to deal with.

If you have Em4 deluxe, there already is a forest fire mission available to play with. Problem is, the majority here I believe use 911FR or normal Em4, so they don't have the event in freeplay.

Like I said, mission related stuff is very difficult to pull of and it required that you basically recreate normal freeplay, but in the campaign mode.

I've tried making my own mission script. Very difficult to do and progress is super slow due to the amount of code and functions I have to deal with.

What I mean by "recreating" is just assembling the event in editor. Same way as couple of mods handled it - from top of my head, Harbor City, which has a wide range of accidents made using MVA logics - helicopter crashes, derailments, boat accidents, even a friggin' fallen crane, which is basically one of those "accidents that might as well have been separate missions" callouts. 

What I mean by "recreating" is just assembling the event in editor. Same way as couple of mods handled it - from top of my head, Harbor City, which has a wide range of accidents made using MVA logics - helicopter crashes, derailments, boat accidents, even a friggin' fallen crane, which is basically one of those "accidents that might as well have been separate missions" callouts. 

But the game still counts them as car crashes despite being otherwise. IMO, this method adds unecessary strain to the game and its performance, especially having to load so many gameObjects.

But the game still counts them as car crashes despite being otherwise. IMO, this method adds unecessary strain to the game and its performance, especially having to load so many gameObjects.

Well, it still would need to do all that stuff even with a custom event, wouldn't it? And getting the name from LA mod - physical rescue assignment - will help with all misnamings.

Are the callouts going to be announced by the british guy or will you add in a dispatch more like OES dispatches for forest fires in California? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-iQhGNxvyg here's an example of what I'm talking about.

Since there are multiple different agencies on this map some would have different procedures than others, would lead to an interesting variety and realism if done well.

I downloaded EM4 Deluxe a long time ago to try it out. I came to conclusion that it offers bigger variety of freeplay events + there were hundreds of new objects in the editor. But as Itchy is pointing out, not too many people have EM4:Deluxe. I do use standart Emergency 4. Truth is that the new freeplay map in Deluxe is pretty decent and is a nice refresh of the old freeplay map that I hate. 

Can't wait to see various agencies to respond. Especially I think that it'd nice to see the option to assemble mountain rescue team as a part of the search and rescue task force. 

I downloaded EM4 Deluxe a long time ago to try it out. I came to conclusion that it offers bigger variety of freeplay events + there were hundreds of new objects in the editor. But as Itchy is pointing out, not too many people have EM4:Deluxe. I do use standart Emergency 4. Truth is that the new freeplay map in Deluxe is pretty decent and is a nice refresh of the old freeplay map that I hate. 

Can't wait to see various agencies to respond. Especially I think that it'd nice to see the option to assemble mountain rescue team as a part of the search and rescue task force. 

Yeah, Deluxe had some nice events, like the attempted suicide by drowning (one more water rescue event is always good), and then there was a special event, which activated, when a big traffic jam was starting to gather, so that made traffic control a bit easier (you wouldn't forget about it, at least). I'll look up if I can get the event from Deluxe map to mine.

And a small update for the agency that was left out for quite a long time - USFS Tactical Water Tender - Unit numbering may be a subject of change

0DyRzZE.png

tYthRvc.png

Cab model by MikeyPI

Wheels and lighting equipment by itchboy

Model edit, custom rear and texture by Ace612

A bunch of updates:

Blackwood County Medical Center

F5QTrSn.png

Local ambulance 02 and State Medical Examiner on site of a fatality

V3Ynq1c.png

Local ambulance 01 responding to MVA + Local rollback

JP9US5G.png

BCSD responding to a report of armed robbery at a truckstop

GakCnUC.png

Credits:

Civilian vehicles by itchboy

structures by EM4 and LA Mod team

roadsigns by bama1234/Montana Mod Team

Map by Ace612

Ford F-350 model and accessories by itchboy, model edit by lapdlafd, texture by Ace612

Chevrolet Express/GMC Savanna Ambulance model by itchboy ,texture by Ace612, lightbar by EmC-Unit

Peterbilt 379 model by LA Mod, texture by Ace612

Heavy Load/Saw trailer by SCS Software (18 Wheels of Steel), converted to Emergency 4 by Ace612

Ford E-350 Ambulance model by itchboy, texture by Ace612

Tow Truck model by LA Mod, texture by Ace612

Sheriff Deputy models by LA Mod/EM4, textures by Ace612

Tanker trailer by SCS Software, converted by Ace612

Freightliner M2 model by itchboy, ambulance box by NNico, combination by lapdlafd, model edit and textures by Ace612

Chavrolet Caprice lightbar by EmC-Unit

Box trailer model by LA Mod, textured by Ace612

Freightliner Columbia, International 8600, car carrier, log and flatbed trailers by SCS Software, converted by Ace612

Hi, good mod, who is author of these semi trucks ?