Textures - Ace612

Oregon State Police SWAT Lenco BEAR

Truck model - PaterRixon & lapdlafd

Lights model - dmn and itchboy

Textures - Ace612

New SWAT personnel

Models - LA Mod/original game

Textures - Ace612

I'd hate to sound picky but that doesnt portray a Lenco BEAR well enough. It seems too low and too wide/fat. Its front rambar sticks out way too much IMO. The side stepboards are a bit too far out as well. Whats the polycount on this model btw?

Some of it seems based off of the LA Mod SWAT Rescue 2. The lights and LED's seem to give that impression. The hood shape also seems quite similar to Rescue 2.

Some hints to making a better BEAR model:

fCVmRGA.png

Taken from my cancelled vehicle set.

I'd make the proportions narrower and taller. As of right now, your model looks more like a bank armored truck rather than a SWAT tactical vehicle. The headlights also are missing the covers on them and are supposed to be recessed deep in the square part. It might be preferable to reduce the extension on the stepboard to make the vehicle look less fat. The wheel arch could also be reduced along with that.

060610_State_Police_Vehicle.jpg

I'm assuming this is what you're aiming for. Note how tall the thing is next to a hooman being. The wheel arch is in a half pentagonal shape and not that round as seen in your pic. The front bumper that goes downward could also be extended a bit. The overhang on the roof over the windshield also seems a bit drastic. It should be trimmed a little. You're also missing the two gun ports underneath the rear windows. There also seems to be too little distance from the front passenger doors to the rear box extension where the rest of the stuff is.

I'd hate to sound picky but that doesnt portray a Lenco BEAR well enough. It seems too low and too wide/fat. Its front rambar sticks out way too much IMO. The side stepboards are a bit too far out as well. Whats the polycount on this model btw?

Some of it seems based off of the LA Mod SWAT Rescue 2. The lights and LED's seem to give that impression. The hood shape also seems quite similar to Rescue 2.

Some hints to making a better BEAR model:

I'd make the proportions narrower and taller. As of right now, your model looks more like a bank armored truck rather than a SWAT tactical vehicle. The headlights also are missing the covers on them and are supposed to be recessed deep in the square part. It might be preferable to reduce the extension on the stepboard to make the vehicle look less fat. The wheel arch could also be reduced along with that.

I'm assuming this is what you're aiming for. Note how tall the thing is next to a hooman being. The wheel arch is in a half pentagonal shape and not that round as seen in your pic. The front bumper that goes downward could also be extended a bit. The overhang on the roof over the windshield also seems a bit drastic. It should be trimmed a little. You're also missing the two gun ports underneath the rear windows. There also seems to be too little distance from the front passenger doors to the rear box extension where the rest of the stuff is.

Reminds me of an older GMC armoured bank truck still looks good though, but there is room for improvement like itchboy said.

Yeah, I know it's quite misproportioned. Probably would be rescaled in the (near) future, but for now it is just a "better than LA Mod"-kind of model. I mean, the LA Mod ones are a bit too small. Thanks for input, anyways.

I though about that one. Let's say, for now I'm focused on making the map work and getting all kinds of units that will allow normal gameplay. Plus, for now OSP has probably the most different units of all the agencies included. Long story short - it is (one of the) first among the units that are planned to be added after the first playable build.

Damn, this car brings back memories from old NFS games

UPD:

And here is something I worked on today. Civilian model taken from LA Mod, textures redrawn into 1024x1024.

Thought small sheriff's dept couldn't go without having at least one such classic in their park

jzdZfuH.png

Model: LA Mod - not in credits - probably Hoppah

Textures: Wheel texture - bama1234, reworked by Ace612

Headlights and taillights - Pumbars (for GTA:SA)

Grille - that guy, who put up a '92 Caprice grille up for sale on EBay :D

Rest - Ace612

I feel like it could maybe benifit from a accordingly aged lightbar, for me when I picture a caprice cop car the lightbar is invariably something like this

borderpatrol1991caprice.6127.jpg

A bunch of updates:
Blackwood County Medical Center
F5QTrSn.png

Local ambulance 02 and State Medical Examiner on site of a fatality
V3Ynq1c.png

Local ambulance 01 responding to MVA + Local rollback
JP9US5G.png

BCSD responding to a report of armed robbery at a truckstop
GakCnUC.png
Credits:

Civilian vehicles by itchboy
structures by EM4 and LA Mod team
roadsigns by bama1234/Montana Mod Team
Map by Ace612

Ford F-350 model and accessories by itchboy, model edit by lapdlafd, texture by Ace612
Chevrolet Express/GMC Savanna Ambulance model by itchboy ,texture by Ace612, lightbar by EmC-Unit
Peterbilt 379 model by LA Mod, texture by Ace612
Heavy Load/Saw trailer by SCS Software (18 Wheels of Steel), converted to Emergency 4 by Ace612

Ford E-350 Ambulance model by itchboy, texture by Ace612
Tow Truck model by LA Mod, texture by Ace612
Sheriff Deputy models by LA Mod/EM4, textures by Ace612
Tanker trailer by SCS Software, converted by Ace612

Freightliner M2 model by itchboy, ambulance box by NNico, combination by lapdlafd, model edit and textures by Ace612
Chavrolet Caprice lightbar by EmC-Unit
Box trailer model by LA Mod, textured by Ace612
Freightliner Columbia, International 8600, car carrier, log and flatbed trailers by SCS Software, converted by Ace612

Extremely nice! Can't wair for the mod. Really lookinf forward. Keep up the good work. 

Great job Ace! loving the conversions you've done. Will this run on Intel graphic cards? or will it be along the lines of the Montana mod etc?

Well, I hope it will. Though I do need to reduce the poly count on that Columbia and international semis, I believe 13k is quite a lot for this game.

Anyways, I hope it'll require less power than Montana. That one is too much for my PC :D

Well, I hope it will. Though I do need to reduce the poly count on that Columbia and international semis, I believe 13k is quite a lot for this game.

Anyways, I hope it'll require less power than Montana. That one is too much for my PC :D

Haha yeah 13k is low poly for gta san andreas xD I hope it does it looks great so far, yeah I can't run it on my laptop :( but oh well I will be able to when I upgrade to a gaming PC... Whenever that will be lol.

Looks brilliant! Glad you're still working on this, I was getting a little worried.

On a different note I really like that tactical unit, if I may offer a suggestion: Many counties that have such a unit keep it tucked away somewhere unstaffed 99.9% of the time, perhaps this could be done in this mod as well. BUT to keep it useful and realistic that unit would be the only place BCSD officers could change into "tactical gear" and get more advanced equipment like flashbangs and shields. So to bring the truck to the scene a officer would have to drive to wherever its stored and switch vehicles and bring it to the scene. Just an idea. either way I love what you've done with this mod.

Looks brilliant! Glad you're still working on this, I was getting a little worried.

On a different note I really like that tactical unit, if I may offer a suggestion: Many counties that have such a unit keep it tucked away somewhere unstaffed 99.9% of the time, perhaps this could be done in this mod as well. BUT to keep it useful and realistic that unit would be the only place BCSD officers could change into "tactical gear" and get more advanced equipment like flashbangs and shields. So to bring the truck to the scene a officer would have to drive to wherever its stored and switch vehicles and bring it to the scene. Just an idea. either way I love what you've done with this mod.

Yeah, updates became a bit rare, but not because we stopped or anything. Just that on announcement there was a bunch of units done/nearly done, which allowed for frequent updates. Also, now that the map layout is almost complete, there's not much to show off there.

And yeah, just a little problem with the second statement. It's NOT a tac unit :D

Sent from my HUAWEI Y600-U20 using Tapatalk

Thanks for support guys, a little update

OSP Mobile Response Team (Riot Squad) on site of illegal demonstration
os913Cx.png
Disclamer: "Acted" shot, running boards have no in-game functionality as of now

Dodge Dakota model by Terminal Reality (4x4 Evo 2), accessories by itchboy, boards by Rockstar Games (GTA SA), convert and edit by Ace612
Riot Squad personnel model by EM4 & Stadtaffe, texture by Ace612
Rest credited in previous posts

Thanks for support guys, a little update

OSP Mobile Response Team (Riot Squad) on site of illegal demonstration

os913Cx.png

Disclamer: "Acted" shot, running boards have no in-game functionality as of now

Dodge Dakota model by Terminal Reality (4x4 Evo 2), accessories by itchboy, boards by Rockstar Games (GTA SA), convert and edit by Ace612

Riot Squad personnel model by EM4 & Stadtaffe, texture by Ace612

Rest credited in previous posts

It looks awesome!!!! Great job out there

You asked for a proper lightbar on the Caprice and you shall receive.
Jeep Grand Cherokee replaced one of the CVPIs in the SD fleet. Because there's already a lot of them around.
BCSD Responding to a hostage situation in a local supermarket. OSP SWAT called and en route
rjla83v.png
Chevrolet Caprice and Jeep Grand Cherokee models by LA Mod; Whelen LED spotlight by bama1234, Federal Signal Streethawk by F5544 (GTA SA) converted and redone for EM4 by Ace612
Textures and map by Ace612

And yeah, thanks for all the positive comments guys!

Dude yes! As an Oregonian I am so stoked to see this being produced! If I can help with skinning or anything let me know, looks incredible so far!

I appreciate your offer. Don't know if your skinning skills will be required (at least at this point of the development), but I'm almost certain I'll need a LOT of info on emergency services and whatnot :D

So another idea that might be worth a thought is making the local VFD have one or two trucks that are a bit "dated" in nature, usually either a brush truck or a tanker since those are generally the last to get updated and are easy to cobble together.

brush-75-ds.jpg

brush-68.jpg