Terrow

Don't they teach plagiarism in schools anymore?

Over here in my country, nope. They teach you to not cheat, because they ***** you up the *** if you're caught.

Plagarism and copying is something thats sort of a survival instinct that kids develop in order to get grades, and not actually learn anything.

In context to what's happening here, people dont credit and choose to steal because they want to look good for the audience. Its not a matter of survival, but rather its the easy way to get noticed by the people here.

Oh boy if you plagiarize in college here you're kicked out of the course, yes even if it's a $10,000 or $80,000 course.

Edit: Yeah it affects your permanent college transcripts and records so it's hard to find a school or job that will accept you.

Oh boy if you plagiarize in college here you're kicked out of the course, yes even if it's a $10,000 or $80,000 course.

Same here. College isnt as expensive, but having plagarism on your record heavilly affects your job and employment prospects.

This topic I'm assuming is about the recent purging of several major mods from this site due to model theft.

Technically, yes. But not really applicable. What gets taught is if you copy and paste someone else's work into your paper, you'll get a zero, and depending on level of school, expelled. 

Here people seem to think that only applies to papers. Thing is, it's not yours, credit who's it is. But in school it's never explained in any other context more than papers, and even into Post Secondary, it's still the same context explained, so people never seem to think elsewhere. Given the mean age here of high school or younger, you're expecting teenagers to understand a concept that the schools are barely teaching. That's why we're having so much trouble with it..

The users do not understand the concept, and we have to explain it over and over again, and unfortunately get scary and start punishing some examples before people learn. 

What I do not get is this crap has been happening for years of people using other people's skins and mods as a base now all of a sudden the admins are cutting down on it and asking for credits. If they are going to do it for one mod they might as well go through every mod and I bet almost all of them they would find something not credit properly to either mikeypi or hoppah since most mods use the la mod or the New York mod as a base.

What I do not get is this crap has been happening for years of people using other people's skins and mods as a base now all of a sudden the admins are cutting down on it and asking for credits. If they are going to do it for one mod they might as well go through every mod and I bet almost all of them they would find something not credit properly to either mikeypi or hoppah since most mods use the la mod or the New York mod as a base.

They went through it only recently because I believe one of the mods decided now was the time.

And yes, every mod that has been active for the last year is getting audited. Even mine. I have to prepare my documentation like I'm trying to prove citizenship.

This isn't about taking mods down, but rather asking them to correct the credits. Its just that some authors are too prideful to admit they're wrong and would rather remove their stuff from this site than fix the issue that was pointed out to them.

They went through it only recently because I believe one of the mods decided now was the time.

And yes, every mod that has been active for the last year is getting audited. Even mine. I have to prepare my documentation like I'm trying to prove citizenship.

This isn't about taking mods down, but rather asking them to correct the credits. Its just that some authors are too prideful to admit they're wrong and would rather remove their stuff from this site than fix the issue that was pointed out to them.

They probably decided to do it because there are so many mods that are currently being made but what I find strange is there have not been any issues on any of the foreign mods that I have seen it has just been on the American mods. Someone can correct me if I am wrong that's just what I seem to have seen.

They probably decided to do it because there are so many mods that are currently being made but what I find strange is there have not been any issues on any of the foreign mods that I have seen it has just been on the American mods.

Trust me, the foreign mods gonna get theirs. But at the end of the day, the American mods are known to not credit or steal waay more than the Europeans.

Trust me, the foreign mods gonna get theirs. But at the end of the day, the American mods are known to not credit or steal waay more than the Europeans.

Because a good majority of the newer American mods are being made by people who don't know how to mod they just want to Do Reskins of a current mod and that's it to call it a mod. I do not have problems with people who use reskinned vehicles but at least use vehicles from numerous mods with the right permissions to show that you do know how to do basic modding not just skinning.

Because a good majority of the newer American mods are being made by people who don't know how to mod they just want to Do Reskins of a current mod and that's it to call it a mod. I do not have problems with people who use reskinned vehicles but at least use vehicles from numerous mods with the right permissions to show that you do know how to do basic modding not just skinning.

Thats the thing. Crediting and authorship should be taught at the most basic level of modding instead of skinning. The problem is that most of the new members fail to do this. The moderator's only aim to correct these people.

Now for the habitual offenders and those with multiple mods that have been going on for a long time, the hammer will be enforced hard because long time members are expected to know the rules after the first 6 months.

Thats the thing. Crediting and authorship should be taught at the most basic level of modding instead of skinning. The problem is that most of the new members fail to do this. The moderator's only aim to correct these people.

Now for the habitual offenders and those with multiple mods that have been going on for a long time, the hammer will be enforced hard because long time members are expected to know the rules after the first 6 months.

Exactly and I know there are post explains how to properly credit content creators but it just seems like new modders are to lazy to look into all the pro and cons of starting a mod

Exactly and I know there are post explains how to properly credit content creators but it just seems like new modders are to lazy to look into all the pro and cons of starting a mod

Thats the issue. The moderators are being hard on it now so that the beginners can see that those rules are important and will be enforced. Thats the part that nobody understands. This isn't oppression, or fascism or dictatorship. This is making everyone abide by the same rules.

The only drama here are the uncooperative authors, and the members children who hate seeing their "toys" go bye bye. They are the ones whining about the whole thing.

The number one thing I hate though are some authors who blame me for starting this. As if it was my idea to start enforcing rules. Its the moderators you should talk to if you have a problem with the enforcement.

I really didn't want to say anything about this whole thing, but since some feel my Channel has certain ambitions I want make something abundantly clear. I have not the time to sift through every mod that I get offered becasue I hate to sound like that guy, but having a channel of my size a full time job and a family takes time and so time is a very valuable thing for me, and until today I thought that everybody here is mature enough to respect each others work so that I could trust people.

Unfortunately I was proven wrong and so I will only showcase mods from certain people here on out, people that are known and trusted in the community most likely in the near future anyways mainly European and Brazilian Mods as they are unscathed by this whole drama that is going on here.

I have seen this in the 18 years I am in modding communities many times and more often than not it ripped communities apart, hopefully this one here is not going down the same route. And to those who think the mods are being too hard, they are doing their "job" which is a job that they not getting paid for or thanked most of the time. There is a point where you have to put the hammer down and that point is now.

Lastly, while I certainly won't take any Videos down I am going to put correct credits in the description and as overlay certainly for all mods that came from one certain individual, if you see others feel free to message me, best case with a link to the video because at 700 Videos it takes a while to find them all.

That's all that I have to say to this.

Good luck to everyone

• Upvote 1

I'm not aware as to whether or not you're referencing us or not. But would just like to clarify that, especially in our case, most people don't have the facts to go off. We, for example have complied to all the required ToS updates, we've also removed a very old model back from when we were mearly a submod and played by the rules. I have moved away from the site because I wanted to, not because of pride. 

I'm just grateful that when I started getting in to this, people were nice, helpful, sharing and collaborative. That's the only reason I ever got anywhere with this hobby. Now people are so concerned with calling each other thieves and liars that the community has become hostile and I'm not surprised we've hardly seen any new mods.

I'm not aware as to whether or not you're referencing us or not. But would just like to clarify that, especially in our case, most people don't have the facts to go off. We, for example have complied to all the required ToS updates, we've also removed a very old model back from when we were mearly a submod and played by the rules. I have moved away from the site because I wanted to, not because of pride. 

I'm just grateful that when I started getting in to this, people were nice, helpful, sharing and collaborative. That's the only reason I ever got anywhere with this hobby. Now people are so concerned with calling each other thieves and liars that the community has become hostile and I'm not surprised we've hardly seen any new mods.

I'm not referencing you at all. Idk what your situation is.

I thought there was an exodus going on or something. If that isnt the case, please correct me.

I'm not referencing you at all. Idk what your situation is.

I thought there was an exodus going on or something. If that isnt the case, please correct me.

I wasn't sure but just wanted to clarify because I don't know of any other mods leaving the site. But regardless the rest of my post still stands, the hostility on this place is reaching breaking point now. 

The problem is everyone's taking everything here as a personal offense. For god's sake. I don't care what you do with the models, just credit them. Hell, I had to go through an old list of models in my mod, and ask around, because I sure as hell couldn't remember who made what years ago. And if it was released, and they said, wait, that's not right, I'd just ask what is, and fix it. 

People are getting so concerned over all of this, when it's just credits and permissions is all we want

I do agree that crediting is a basic level modding, for example the LA mod 3.15 and Washington DC have( had) a series of credit issues which is kind of shame ( no offense to the mod), which should NOT happen, but instead, it happened over and over again, end up flaming up the whole community, with some other things that happened at the same time, made everyone not happy, just because of this kind of basic modding issues. This forum is the best emergency series community I've ever seen. Anyway, hope everything be can stay calm and make things on the right way.

Lapdlafd

Basically, the thing is, we're totally cool with you reskinning mods. Now personally, and I speak for the staff too, we'd rather see original content, but if you want to do a reskin mod, that's absolutely okay. SO LONG AS YOU OBTAIN PERMISSION and credit the people that you use their work. It's not hard, and it is appreciated. Even if they're not an author here, like if they do GTA work, or other games, still give them credit where it's due. It's not hard, and it means the community gets to continue enjoying things, even if they are just new lights and skins. 

Unfortunately, even the big names use stuff without credit sometimes, and when it's pointed out, it can be easily rectified most times with just a simple message to the author and a line in your readmes. It's not difficult and doesn't need to be a big issue, but it seems many would rather continuously shout off the hard work of others as their own instead of show off the work they did on someone else's work. 

We don't diss Mechanics because they only upgrade(or fix) cars, but we'd be pretty upset if the mechanic said the car is completely their handiwork. 

At this point it is not even worth keeping mods or even starting new mods on here. The credit police and members not using credits properly. Have pretty much Ruined EMP. It is sad to see that in a matter of a couple weeks disputes with the admins and members have practically ruined the EMP Community.

At this point it is not even worth keeping mods or even starting new mods on here. The credit police and members not using credits properly. Have pretty much Ruined EMP. It is sad to see that in a matter of a couple weeks disputes with the admins and members have practically ruined the EMP Community.

I chose to remove my content not because of the credit issues at all, but because of all the children and immature people whining.

The dispute is caused, primarilly by the members siding with certain authors who have been found guilty of model theft. These authors in turn twisted the story to make the moderators appear to be the enemy, whilst downlplaying their own transgressions.

I somehow got mixed into this mess because apparently my models are bad for the community and that I'm a whiny bitch, so this is my problem too.

Me and several authors have made agreements to shut down our mods so that the children will finally leave this site, leaving behind only the true commited members.

I chose to remove my content not because of the credit issues at all, but because of all the children and immature people whining.

The dispute is caused, primarilly by the members siding with certain authors who have been found guilty of model theft. These authors in turn twisted the story to make the moderators appear to be the enemy, whilst downlplaying their own transgressions.

I somehow got mixed into this mess because apparently my models are bad for the community and that I'm a whiny bitch, so this is my problem too.

Me and several authors have made agreements to shut down our mods so that the children will finally leave this site, leaving behind only the true commited members.

I do not blame you one bit I have been in the process of working on a private mod and I was about to post it on here after I got permissions but at this point I do not see any use of making it public. You have some of the best models I have seen on here and I wont lie I have some of your models in my mod but since I had not completely made up my mind on if I was going to go public or not I had not got permissions yet.  At this point I think I am going to keep it private. Then you have the people who think oh lets put the model in gimp make a few changes and then they think oh its my model now I don't need to use credits which I have seen being done by some mod teams on here.

I do not blame you one bit I have been in the process of working on a private mod and I was about to post it on here after I got permissions but at this point I do not see any use of making it public. You have some of the best models I have seen on here and I wont lie I have some of your models in my mod but since I had not completely made up my mind on if I was going to go public or not I had not got permissions yet.  At this point I think I am going to keep it private. Then you have the people who think oh lets put the model in gimp make a few changes and then they think oh its my model now I don't need to use credits which I have seen being done by some mod teams on here.

But I do see how you have a dislike for the moderators.

Well, if anything, the moderators are only doing their job. Keeping stolen content out of this site so that Stan and EmP does not get sued.

The credits issue is not really an issue, but rather a bunch of authors whining about it and making it into an issue. Then there's the rest of the population who have authority issues and want to stick it to the MAN, so they go and revolt agains the authorities. From what I see on your Facebook posts, you're one of them.

But I do see how you have a dislike for the moderators.

Well, if anything, the moderators are only doing their job. Keeping stolen content out of this site so that Stan and EmP does not get sued.

The credits issue is not really an issue, but rather a bunch of authors whining about it and making it into an issue. Then there's the rest of the population who have authority issues and want to stick it to the MAN, so they go and revolt agains the authorities. From what I see on your Facebook posts, you're one of them.

I do not dislike or hate them.  Yes there is one admin that him and I have never really gotten along due to a situation that happened along time ago but I have still gone to him numerous times when I had a problem.