ThinBlueLineKY4

Edgewood Mod (Slow WIP) *NEW MODEL PREVIEW!*

The translation of this post kind of messed up the grammar of the sentence, so I will do my best to reply to the best of my ability. I have no clue how to light or model, and I just turned 15 on September 3rd. If someone taught me how to light and model, even if it is just the basics, then I could practice doing so and then I will get better and better. And it is 95% complete because I still have to edit the rear of the vehicle and touch up the sides of the body.

I was about that age when I began learning to model. Nobody taught me anything. I just took it up because I wanted to learn. I didn't rely on outside help besides tutorials and lots and lots of trial and error. In the end, I came up with something presentable which was my first "complete" model that didnt get discarded. This old pic:hhJe2M5.png

Making fire engines, ladders, and especially their rear sections are easy due to their box-like structure and often sharp corners. All one needs to know is how to make a 3 dimensional box in Zmod or Blender, and then one can expand beyond that.

Cars are a whole other story due to their unique curves, edges, shapes, and often protruding edges like the bumper grill slots seen in above. Note that at the very least, making fire engines would and should be a basic requirement. Cars are excusable just because they are harder overall to create.

Actually, I'd like to know that too. It appears to be a bastardization of a couple models. I immediately recognize MikeyPI's model there, the NYPDBigTowCrane, though I don't off hand recognize any of the other models. Please credit authors as per the showcasing rules. Please don't make me come back here

Actually, I'd like to know that too. It appears to be a bastardization of a couple models. I immediately recognize MikeyPI's model there, the NYPDBigTowCrane, though I don't off hand recognize any of the other models. Please credit authors as per the showcasing rules. Please don't make me come back here

For investigative purposes, my guess is that the front cab is Bama's Pierce Heavy Rescue from Montana V1. Contains parts from MikeyPI's NYPD Workstar crane due to how the parts are not "separated". The fact I see "Rescue1" in Zm2 makes me believe it could be another NYC mod vehicle. One of the other possible suspects is Harbor City or one of the commonly used MP mods.

First impression: Yay, another Pierce Arrow ladder reskin. This would be #9000 of them

Second impression:

You really need to learn how to model custom apparatus and to stop relying on other's models. If you can take the time to skin this thing, you should just have as much time to learn how to model. I'd honestly go directly with trying different kinds of engines instead of sticking to the old and by this time beaten to death models.

vIq70KV.png

Not a fixed tower ladder, but you get the idea. Something different is nice, especially if you're trying to recreate a real area. In your case, you are doing what appears to be a fictional locale, so I'd like to throw out a couple ideas into what you can do to set yourself apart.

New_TRUCK_619_003.jpg

This would be the newest Pierce Quantum. No model for this truck exists (yet). If you were the first to make this, you'd definitely be in a good spot.

For the Pierce engine, at the very least, you could try using the fire truck cabs I used to have publicly. They seem to make good bases for pretty much everything.

3zl4yDc.png

This is a Dash from 1999, you can easilly take the cab I had out and make it into a Dash CF, or use the Arrow XT cab. KME and Seagrave are also unrepresented here, along with the Spartan MetroStar.

Your final hurdle is having to animate the ladder legs so they extend from the vehicle as such.

87io8Si.png

Quantum Cab now exists  :happy:  :rolleyes: Just needs a proper texture  :huh:

That ladder shown is not a quantum fyi, its either an impel or a velocity. The only difference is a trim package for the most part. The quantum has a very unique front here is a Pierce Quantum

http://dwetherhold.smugmug.com/keyword/midmount%20tower;quantum/i-DM9zFLQ/A

very nice

Who made the model?

For investigative purposes, my guess is that the front cab is Bama's Pierce Heavy Rescue from Montana V1. Contains parts from MikeyPI's NYPD Workstar crane due to how the parts are not "separated". The fact I see "Rescue1" in Zm2 makes me believe it could be another NYC mod vehicle. One of the other possible suspects is Harbor City or one of the commonly used MP mods.

I will ask the author who made this who the front of the cab is from. He is a modeler I found on emergency-em4. I can't think of his name off the top of my head right now though. HE HAS PERMISSIONS TO USE THE PIERCE VELOCITY CAB. I am emphasizing that before anyone starts accusing me. AND THE REAR PART IS COMPLETLEY CUSTOM MADE. Any similarities are JUST A COINCIDENCE. Please don't start accusing me I'll put the proper credits as soon as I can.

That ladder shown is not a quantum fyi, its either an impel or a velocity. The only difference is a trim package for the most part. The quantum has a very unique front here is a Pierce Quantum

http://dwetherhold.smugmug.com/keyword/midmount%20tower;quantum/i-DM9zFLQ/A

That is what I said earlier to :).

I asked him to name it rescue 1 for the moment.

Also this vehicle is based off a real life vehicle from the Chicago area of Illinois from a volunteer fire department Something Volubterr Fire Department Squad 303 is what is what we are starting to make. I'll post credits tomorrow afternoon EST.

You're not being accused of theft right now, at least by staff. What we're asking is that you comply to the showcase crediting requirements, so that if you are indeed using a model by someone else, they can find out if you haven't obtained permission directly from them. That way something can be worked out before a release, which is usually better than after release which results in much less cooperative people. 

I don't need to know you have permission or not, I'm going on good faith that you do until told otherwise, I just need you to credit the authors of the model (author doesn't always equal who sent it to you)

Also this vehicle is based off a real life vehicle from the Chicago area of Illinois from a volunteer fire department Something Volubterr Fire Department Squad 303 is what is what we are starting to make. I'll post credits tomorrow afternoon EST.

Umm, I know what truck your talking about. You are talking about Squad 303 from the Lutherville Vol. Fire Co. and they are not in the Chicago Area they are in Baltimore County, MD. 

http://www.lvfc.com/

Umm, I know what truck your talking about. You are talking about Squad 303 from the Lutherville Vol. Fire Co. and they are not in the Chicago Area they are in Baltimore County, MD. 

http://www.lvfc.com/

your right sorry I was thinking of another vehicle my bad. And that is the exact rig I am talking about.

Hey guys I'm back to let you all know that I am making slow progress on this mod, but it has turned into a long term project. I am going to work on reskins of mods and other stuff like that before I make a full custom mod. I am working on getting the proper credits for the rescue crane.