ItsLeandro

[Cancelled] Hardcore Emergency 5 Mod

Interest in the Hardcore Emergency 5 Mod  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in the Hardcore Emergency 5 Mod?

• Yes, I'm interested.
    • I would like to see more development before giving my opinion.
    • No, I'm not interested.

The Hardcore mod has been cancelled.

Hello everyone!

I'm proud to announce to you guys a new modification, the Hardcore Emergency 5 Mod!

In this modification you have to cope with harder situations. Can you handle it?

Please take note: This modification is in W.I.P. (Work In Progress), it can take some time for a first version to be released.

To Do List & Features:

-Extinguishing fires will be 40% more difficult                                                                               In progress

-Nothing will go automatic (e.g. automatic transport of casualties etc.)                                        In progress

-Number of freeplay events can go up to 5 at the same time                                                       Done, might be adjusted

-Bigger chance of fires passing on to other buildings, objects etc.                                               In progress

-Cooling buildings will be 50% less efficient                                                                                  In progress

-Pistol damage of police has decreased by 50%                                                                         Done, can be adjusted

-Pistol damage of criminals have increased by 50%                                                                   Done, can be adjusted

-Pistol damage on cars has been increased by 50% (cars are "dead" in 2 shots)                       Done, can be adjusted

-The time for a new freeplay event to occur will be faster                                                            Done

-Police barriers are increased by 50% (30 metres, allows you to lock a whole street)                 Done, can be adjusted

-Adjusting the amount of available units                                                                                       In progress

All values shown above are the current values, these values might, and most likely will change.

To make this modification better, I need the help of you guys. Suggestions are highly wanted and appreciated, so please leave them down below. Please also consider answering the poll, I would like to know how many people are actually interested in this modification.

This topic will most likely be updated frequently, make sure to subscribe to the topic for the latest news!

Just a small tip: 

When this MOD should see the daylight, please make sure that your own "Unlimited Untis MOD" is build in, or have people strongly advised to download (http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/19896-unlimited-units-mod/) and install this MOD as well. Otherwise the player wouldn't stand a change to survive your hardcore version, considering the default limited number of vehecles EM5 is providing you in the game. For what it's worth... ;)

Cheers!! :holdglass: 

Robert. 

Just a small tip: 

When this MOD should see the daylight, please make sure that your own "Unlimited Untis MOD" is build in, or have people strongly advised to download (http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/19896-unlimited-units-mod/) and install this MOD as well. Otherwise the player wouldn't stand a change to survive your hardcore version, considering the default limited number of vehecles EM5 is providing you in the game. For what it's worth... ;)

Cheers!! :holdglass:

Robert. 

Hey Ropie,

I will most likely not include the UUM in this mod, otherwise it would make it too easy again. But what I will do is increase the available units, probably like 30-50% more.

Of course, if they do have the UUM installed, they can still use it :)

Thanks for the suggestion, didn't think about this yet :)

One major problem I find with the game itself (not this mod) and maybe it might be something to consider is the 'chemical bomb' freeplay event, where the drone picks up one criminal but as soon as it goes to the next one he's already run off the map before you can get near them, this a big problem especially on larger maps, so maybe this could be included in this mod with a fix!?

Hi Leandro,

I hope everyting is going according to plan building your EM5 hardcore version.

Since you're in the so-called "adjusting mood" at the moment  :happy:, I would like to make a remark/suggestion to you which I already made earlier on the forum to the MODDERS in general on March 13, this year: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/20158-just-an-idea-for-making-a-new-mod/. I am asking you now specially, since you are planning on giving us a hardtime in your new MOD, and repeating my suggestion below, would give the player a better chance in fighting fires:

When the fire tender is using its extinguisher that is mounted on its roof, you'll notice that, when pointing out another fire with your mouse, the water canon is automatically turning towards the fire without letting the fire tender changing its position, provided the fire to be extinguished, is in its reach. The turntable ladder should actually do the same thing (at least in real life that is): turning its water canon on the ladder towards the fire source once pointed out to. However, for each different fire you point out, other then the one that is being extinguished with its water canon at that very moment, the turntable ladder lowers its ladder and the fire engine is to be repositioned completely, rising its ladder again and then continuing putting out the fire. It's not realistic AND it's losing time putting out a fire.

Maybe you could also look into this problem while adjusting your MOD: to let the turntable ladder, just like the fire tender, putting out fires pointed to (provided the fires to be extinguisjed, are in its reach), without the need to be repositioning itself all the time.

I know that FrozenOne-94 was willing to take a look at my sugguestion at the time, while building his Dutch MOD, but since the building of this MOD (so sadly and unfortunately :(:cry:) came to an end, I think my suggestion was never worked out anymore - at least not for the Dutch MOD that is. Maybe that my suggestion will be taken care of in the build of his coming Las Vegas-release, but that I really don't know. Besides, it might still take some time before the LV-MOD will see its daylight...

Well then, all this for what it's worth...

I'll hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!!  :holdglass:

Robert.

One major problem I find with the game itself (not this mod) and maybe it might be something to consider is the 'chemical bomb' freeplay event, where the drone picks up one criminal but as soon as it goes to the next one he's already run off the map before you can get near them, this a big problem especially on larger maps, so maybe this could be included in this mod with a fix!?

I will take a look in this problem in about 1 week.

Hi Leandro,

I hope everyting is going according to plan building your EM5 hardcore version.

Since you're in the so-called "adjusting mood" at the moment  :happy:, I would like to make a remark/suggestion to you which I already made earlier on the forum to the MODDERS in general on March 13, this year: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/20158-just-an-idea-for-making-a-new-mod/. I am asking you now specially, since you are planning on giving us a hardtime in your new MOD, and repeating my suggestion below, would give the player a better chance in fighting fires:

When the fire tender is using its extinguisher that is mounted on its roof, you'll notice that, when pointing out another fire with your mouse, the water canon is automatically turning towards the fire without letting the fire tender changing its position, provided the fire to be extinguished, is in its reach. The turntable ladder should actually do the same thing (at least in real life that is): turning its water canon on the ladder towards the fire source once pointed out to. However, for each different fire you point out, other then the one that is being extinguished with its water canon at that very moment, the turntable ladder lowers its ladder and the fire engine is to be repositioned completely, rising its ladder again and then continuing putting out the fire. It's not realistic AND it's losing time putting out a fire.

Maybe you could also look into this problem while adjusting your MOD: to let the turntable ladder, just like the fire tender, putting out fires pointed to (provided the fires to be extinguisjed, are in its reach), without the need to be repositioning itself all the time.

I know that FrozenOne-94 was willing to take a look at my sugguestion at the time, while building his Dutch MOD, but since the building of this MOD (so sadly and unfortunately :(:cry:) came to an end, I think my suggestion was never worked out anymore - at least not for the Dutch MOD that is. Maybe that my suggestion will be taken care of in the build of his coming Las Vegas-release, but that I really don't know. Besides, it might still take some time before the LV-MOD will see its daylight...

Well then, all this for what it's worth...

I'll hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!!  :holdglass:

Robert.

I get what you mean, but this is quite difficult to just make possible. Once again, I will also take a look into this in 1 week.

Basically I will go on with the MOD in about 1 week because I still have to finish some school stuff.

Regards,

Leandro

I will take a look in this problem in about 1 week

Thankyou! I just think the way its been done in the game by the developers is pretty poor. Its the same with the Escaped convict' freeplay mission, you can catch one with the drone but then by the time the drone finds the second guy he's already run off the map, it seems like a pretty pointless freeplay event if its physically not possible to complete it. Thanks for taking the time to look in to this!