L.A. County Modification (Reskin of L.A. Mod)

I have started a small little project. I decided to do a reskin of the Los Angeles Modification and make a Los Angeles County Modification.

The mod will consist of the older models from LA V2.1. I will be tweaking the Original EM4 Multiplayer map to use with this mod.

Small Family Photo:

I have one question. What is the primary EMS care in most areas of LA County?

Im a LA County Junior firefighter, and the most common EMS service is McCormick, but we use paramedic squads along with the ambulances

I have the squads in already. Does LACo use any AMR?

Yes, and also some Care Ambulance

I think I am probably just going to stick with McCormick. I don't see a point in having 17 million ambulance services in the game.

I have more updates. I am trying to use units from actual LACo stations. The stations I decided to include are: 33, 64, 85, and 129. I am going to try my best to get the units as close as possible, but with what I have it won't be 100% accurate. Please bear with me.

I have more updates. I am trying to use units from actual LACo stations. The stations I decided to include are: 33, 64, 85, and 129. I am going to try my best to get the units as close as possible, but with what I have it won't be 100% accurate. Please bear with me.

Awesome. You'll have to do a lot of modelling if you want to get accurate LA County units.

I'd like to make a point that this is the 5th LA mod on here so far. The original, mine, LA County Submod, yours then the LA City mod.

Awesome. You'll have to do a lot of modelling if you want to get accurate LA County units.

I'd like to make a point that this is the 5th LA mod on here so far. The original, mine, LA County Submod, yours then the LA City mod.

To my knowledge, there has been no released LA County Mod. I know a few have been attempted but never finished.

I have a question for you since you are here. Would I be able to use your CHP and LASD units in this mod. If not, the mod will probably stay private.

To my knowledge, there has been no released LA County Mod. I know a few have been attempted but never finished.

I have a question for you since you are here. Would I be able to use your CHP and LASD units in this mod. If not, the mod will probably stay private.

Noper. You're gonna have to construct your own set of LA vehicles if you wish to achieve total accuracy.

Well with that ladies, unfortunately this mod will remain private. I don't have the time time to construct an entire force of LASD and CHP so I can not release what I have.

Well with that ladies, unfortunately this mod will remain private. I don't have the time time to construct an entire force of LASD and CHP so I can not release what I have.

That's your decision.

I still ain't giving my LA units if this is a factor in your decision.

At least indicate that your mod is private in the title.

IMO, you have all the time in the world to do your modding. You just need to budget your time. Personally, I'd not have started another mod if I was already committed to another mod/project.

That's your decision.

I still ain't giving my LA units if this is a factor in your decision.

At least indicate that your mod is private in the title.

IMO, you have all the time in the world to do your modding. You just need to budget your time. Personally, I'd not have started another mod if I was already committed to another mod/project.

Not really. I am not really committed to any projects. I merely lend a hand when it is needed. 

And tbh I dont have all the time in the world. Between work, baseball and preparing for my EMT class, not a lot of free time.

What puzzles me is, what was the point in releasing all those units if they aren't allowed to be used? Just doesn't make sense.

What puzzles me is, what was the point in releasing all those units if they aren't allowed to be used? Just doesn't make sense.

It does. It means that I don't want my hard earned work going to some random reskin mods. Means I have security over my content.

I don't actually want to release it anymore. I just want to keep it as a bunch of pictures for people to look at so that they can use it as a guide to make their own new content.

To expand further on what itchboy said, I wanna add my two cents

The point of releasing the units is so that you can add them to your LA mod, and play with them. That's totally cool as long as you don't release it. In fact, this was the way for about five years before Hoppah made his mod free to edit, and people stopped making their own REAL mods. People actually played mods, and if they wanted something more, they made it themselves, even if it was a terrible reskin job. They didn't release it, other than pictures, and they played their game. 

Honestly, I'd have the same policy on the content I put up. Feel free to use it, play with it, but no, you're not throwing a reskin on it and calling it a mod. I miss the days when we had six mods, but they were mods that people actually created from scratch and developed something that made them stand out. Now we've got 300 mods, and they're mostly shared models, scripts, and just new skins. 

It bothers me that we have people this selfish that they'd rather complain about someone not allowing their add on pack for one mod to be reskinned and placed under a different mod, than to actually shut up and enjoy what's being given for the use of others. 

I took itchboy's released pack, spent half an hour or whatever adding all the vehicles to the scripts, and files to make it work nice in the game. It's given my LA mod a fresh world again. I didn't complain because I couldn't slap an RNC logo on the doors and call it the NL Mod, I enjoyed what I was given. 

It's a shame that people complained enough to make itchyboy not want to release anything else, but I can't say I'm surprised. This community has become largely a group of children who only know gimme gimme, and barely anything else it seems. I'm disappointed, 

To expand further on what itchboy said, I wanna add my two cents

The point of releasing the units is so that you can add them to your LA mod, and play with them. That's totally cool as long as you don't release it. In fact, this was the way for about five years before Hoppah made his mod free to edit, and people stopped making their own REAL mods. People actually played mods, and if they wanted something more, they made it themselves, even if it was a terrible reskin job. They didn't release it, other than pictures, and they played their game. 

Honestly, I'd have the same policy on the content I put up. Feel free to use it, play with it, but no, you're not throwing a reskin on it and calling it a mod. I miss the days when we had six mods, but they were mods that people actually created from scratch and developed something that made them stand out. Now we've got 300 mods, and they're mostly shared models, scripts, and just new skins. 

It bothers me that we have people this selfish that they'd rather complain about someone not allowing their add on pack for one mod to be reskinned and placed under a different mod, than to actually shut up and enjoy what's being given for the use of others. 

I took itchboy's released pack, spent half an hour or whatever adding all the vehicles to the scripts, and files to make it work nice in the game. It's given my LA mod a fresh world again. I didn't complain because I couldn't slap an RNC logo on the doors and call it the NL Mod, I enjoyed what I was given. 

It's a shame that people complained enough to make itchyboy not want to release anything else, but I can't say I'm surprised. This community has become largely a group of children who only know gimme gimme, and barely anything else it seems. I'm disappointed, 

Thank you so much.

I guess I'll throw in my hat into this discussion as well..  What I can't wrap my head around is why you'd want to make a "new" mod here for the LA county and figure you have time to reskin the engines and such into LA county, but on the same flip of the coin believe it'd be not only ok, but expected you'd be able to just port someone else's content directly into your "mod" here because you don't want to invest the time into remaking these units yourself. If you don't really have the time to re-create ALL the units, why is it reasonable to even attempt to start a mod when you don't have this time?  As a whole the Los Angeles regional vehicles are not that difficult to paint at all, especially considering the resources itch used for his content are available to the users (save for some of his latest content).  I personally don't get wanting to create a mod, but not wanting to take the time to actually make the content I need for it.

Not really. I am not really committed to any projects. I merely lend a hand when it is needed. 

And tbh I dont have all the time in the world. Between work, baseball and preparing for my EMT class, not a lot of free time.

From your signature:

Currently Making the Ocean City Modification, but I am partners

with the Miami Modification and the River Falls Modification

^According to the signature, you do have commitments, but still as I've said above it's just unusual to have the time  for a project, but not the time to actually do the content one's self.

I too feel that as of late the recycling has gotten to the point where pretty soon there will be nothing original left to actually say "hey this mod did this", for the sake of speed/ease everyone just wants to take everyone else's efforts and toss them into their mix and call it a day.  I wish people would take the time to try to make their own changes, even if they are minor ones.  In the american emergency field there arent a ton of vehicles used, but at least they have different equipment, paint schemes, and lighting on them, that at least makes them stand apart... I don't understand why people just want to keep re-using the same content over and over again, especially when they arent even taking the time to customize it in any way what so ever for their mod. 

If I were to ask itch if I could use X Y Z of his mod, but I was taking it from what it was already to be something else entirely, I am fairly sure he'd have no problem with that if the real counterpart used the same setup as his did, but was a completely different appearing skin.  The problem as of late isnt that there are reskins, people have done reskins on vehicles since the beginning of gaming.  The problem is that the effort applied into making them actually different has gone the wayside in lieu of speed to just keep dumping content out fast.  In some people's eyes that keeps them relevant, in most of the modder's eyes it's just a re-hash of the same thing over and over again.

From a modder stand point I put in the time to create something to share with the community, it doesnt mean that I'm perfectly fine with you just taking my content, slapping it together and calling it a modification that your going to put your name all over.. That ultimately would get under any modder's skin, you value your time, so too do other modders in taking their time for this hobby.  I don't deem it unreasonable to take the same resources, re-create similar content.  That is ultimately what Itch expected people to do, instead everyone just wants to keep using his content as direct-ports. I can't fault him for his choices moving forth with his content, there comes a certain point when people need to understand the effort going into content by putting in more of their own effort instead of complaining because he's drawn a line in the sand on it.

To me as of late everyone wants that "easy" button to pump out content fast, all the while putting in as little effort as possible.  What is sad is ultimately many people feel entitled to just keep using people's content as they've been allowed to from the LA mod and expect it to be okey.  I wish everyone would take their time, do their own efforts and cease the lazy behavior of just taking the exact same content and trying to just slap a new coat of paint onto it only(at best, in this case an exact 1/1 replica).  It may take longer for everyone to work on making unique things, but the community as a whole benefits from proper variety.

LMAO how many people actually keep up with there signature. I have not had one since an admin decided to remove mine a couple years ago because it was for a clan that got closed down. I wish I knew how to do a new signature though but I can not remember where to go to do it.

Heh, the irony in that last post. 

Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and put a time lock on this thread. Obviously there won't be any updates for a minimum of two weeks, as the OP was suspended for that time. I figured maybe you guys would talk about the mod some more, but clearly not at this point, everyone wants to talk gossip. Let's keep this topic on topic. As for Gossip, seriously, go create a topic in the OffTopic forum. 

The video ThenorthernAlex made on this mod was great. I want to make a suggestion even though Mentor got suspended, it was to keep the mod the way it was because in LA I see alot of AMR ambulances. I also love how he put the sherrifs patrol car at the top because mostly sherrifs patrol now.