Duke85829

Major problem in my EM4... :(

I have EM4 and when I installed it, its opening fine and also playing fine but you know in missions are in free play if you have to send a vehicle you click on the particular vehicle...and its shows a 360 degree rotating vehicle and its info...well its not showing for me ..its just showing a white screen in that part of the screen..... it is not that big of a deal but it would be nice to have it...... its kind of frustrating... I mean the info is showing but not the 360 degree view where you know the vehicle keeps rotating....Any help would really be appreciated.....

I have a windows 8.1 and DirectX 11 and a NVidia GeForce GT 735M...all other games work fine....

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/files/file/613-microsoft-directx/

If that doesnt help your issue you'll need to provide the logfile from your game.  The alternative for why you see white is that your laptop has two video cards and the game is using the integrated gpu instead of the dedicated GeForce card.  Cannot say for sure if that is your issue as you did not provide a DX diagnosis and logfile.

Well he might have an Intel computer because this is what one time I said in the LA mod 3.5.  Corsair: "I dont know why but in this mod when you preview the car you want, it wont show. Its just white. Then I noticed that all the mods do it so I dont know what to do. Can you guys help me?"

Newfoundking: "It's not this mod, it's an intel thing. You're an intel user, right?"

Then what randomperson139 said

randomperson139: "I don't think he means the actual model. I think he means the preview box that has the model spinning around when you go to buy a unit in freeplay.

Which as NFK said, is an intel thing and doesn't have a solution as far as we know. Well, unless you want to buy a new machine with a dedicated card... that would fix it, so technically that would be a solution."

I too am having this problem.  I have tried running several different modifications including the LA Mod 2.1, the NY mod, V.1.0 of the Manhattan Mod, V3.0.5C of the Manhattan Mod, the Montana Mod V 2.1, and the Harbor City mod 4.3.2.  I was running the Harbor City mod 4.3.2 just fine yesterday and then I downloaded the Manhattan modification V 3.0.5C.  When I started that, I found that my stations were all empty, so I tried redownloading the modification and then reinstalling it.  I was able to install them correctly, but then I got a white box for the rotating unit picture from the vehicle menu.  I also got a blank space for the unit image on the bottom right.  After I reinstalled the modification, I ended up with that portion to work, but I still have the white, rotating picture.

I initially thought that it was the new driver that I installed yesterday, but when I reverted to an older driver, I found that I still had the same issue.  I tried to fix the resolution thinking that that may have had something to do with the issues, but this too was not the case.  Finally, I tried to remove the program and all of its files from my computer, but I found that this was not the solution.  Just now, I noticed that after I updated my drivers, I saw that Intel and power saving was the default, so I edited this to reflect my Nvidia card, and this still did not solve the problem.

I am running a 2014 Asus Q550 with an Intel i7 2.4 GHz processor, a Nvidia GeForce 745M graphics card and 8GBs of RAM.

I also apologize that I do not have the log file or a DX diagnosis because I am not familiar with how to post this information.  If someone could please help me, it would be greatly appreciated because I am at a loss for any possible solutions.

You can't resolve the problem because you have an Intel processor and Intels aren't ment for that. I too have that problem where it just shows a white box and I learned that the Intel processor isn't meant for gaming and the only way to resolve the problem is by buying another computer without an Intel processor LOL

So no way you can fix that. Sorry

If you guys do find a way then please tell me

Even though this might be off-topic(Title does say problem in EM4 and this kind of is a problem) I would like to know how to repair cars that show a square and say missing files

I have an intel chipset along with my R9 dedicated, both show the game perfectly fine so it is possible for certain intel chipsets to run the game as-intended... Cheaper intel integerated chipsets seem to be the ones that have the issues more often than the better (newer) ones.

CRFD you'll have two possibles: 1). when you installed the mod (believe you said manhattan) you may have installed that incorrectly and it screwed things up.. But more likely, the video card drivers you've got are more likely to be behind it...  Try changing your machine to "high performance" instead of default or power saver, this should by default opt to use the higher performance video card over the integrated chipset, thus making the game run forced on the nvidia.  As to your logfile it will be under the installation directory, a file called "logfile.txt".   You can simply copy it and post it here, just make sure you use the code tags to enclose it..

DX Diag is dependent on your operating system on how to get there, but you need to goto "run" and type in dxdiag and press enter... Once that process is done press the save all information button and again copy it here, just use the code tags to enclose it.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/7/2015, 10:58:02

Machine name: ASUS

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model: Q550LF

BIOS: Q550LF.212

Processor: Intel® Core i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8076MB RAM

Page File: 2043MB used, 7440MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_12DD1043&REV_09

Display Memory: 1792 MB

Dedicated Memory: 32 MB

Shared Memory: 1760 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: unknown

Monitor Id: SDC324C

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.096Hz)

Output Type: Internal

Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32

Driver File Version: 10.18.0010.3345 (English)

Driver Version: 10.18.10.3345

DDI Version: 11.1

Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.3

Graphics Preemption: DMA

Compute Preemption: Thread

Miracast: Supported

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated

Power P-states: Not Supported

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 11/7/2013 03:45:54, 12151296 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4956-11CF-4967-D032B4C2C435}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x0A16

SubSys ID: 0x12DD1043

Revision ID: 0x0009

Driver Strong Name: oem7.inf:5f63e5341cc65b69:iHSWM_w81:10.18.10.3345:pci\ven_8086&dev_0a16&subsys_12dd1043

Rank Of Driver: 00DA0001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_C

Thanks Mikey!  As for your fix, I had already set Emergency 4 to run on the high performance graphics, but that did not solve the issue.  But after I set it for the entire machine to run on the high performance chip, it still did not solve the problem.  I have attached my dxdiag above but I'm still looking for the log file.  I guess it also might be helpful to mention that I am running Windows 8.1 as well.  If someone could please help me, this would be much easier for me because my next course of action is to do a complete wipe of the hard drive and I would really like to avoid that.  Thanks for all of your help!

Do not wipe out your hard drive! I repeat do not wipe out your hard drive! As I said before Intel isn't made for gaming! You wipe out your hard drive and its still not going to fix that. I bet you that if you wipe it out and hard drive and it still wont be fixed. The reason I'm telling you this is because... well I had the same problem and my graphics card was Intel so what I did was wipe it out and it didn't fix that. You can go ahead and wipe out your hard drive, I have no control over it but I'm telling you, your going to lose alot of your stuff to find out it didn't fix it. 

You can't resolve the problem because you have an Intel processor and Intels aren't ment for that. I too have that problem where it just shows a white box and I learned that the Intel processor isn't meant for gaming and the only way to resolve the problem is by buying another computer without an Intel processor LOL

So no way you can fix that. Sorry

If you guys do find a way then please tell me

Even though this might be off-topic(Title does say problem in EM4 and this kind of is a problem) I would like to know how to repair cars that show a square and say missing files

I've heard about the Intel problem before. What's exactly the problem with intel with EM4? Can you elaborate it? I've only heard the Manhattan mod didn't really work with intel that good. I've always had computers with intel processors too and I never had problems. My current cpu is an Intel Xeon. Is there anything mod-creators should take into account to make their mods perform stable with intel processors too?

In my opinion his problem has to do with graphics cards or drivers. The white box problem may be an issue with integrated graphics only, which imo isn't shocking. Generally speaking integrated graphics are weaker than dedicated gpu's.

@ CRFD: Okey, looking through your DX diagnosis, a problem that I saw for a machine with "switchable graphics" was that your nvidia card is not displayed as a display device (we culled your dx diag here because my browser didnt like it) but you can see your display device only lists the intel... It does not list the nvidia one for some reason.. For newer games that isnt a problem, but on this old game it unfortunately can be a problem since it comes from an era where switchable graphics werent often used. Your best bet is to manually try to update/change the drivers for your nvidia card to see if that makes the card show up as it's supposed to.  My intel chipset is found under the display devices, my R9 under renderer, but when I dump my dxdiag both are in the display devices section.... http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/85053  Search through and try to find a slightly older one than what you have, go into the nvidia control panel when you update the driver and configure the nvidia card to be used by em4.  Wiping the computer would make it a "brand new" machine again, but ultimately whatever update caused the problem would reoccur if you are correct in not having issues until very recently.

@ Corsair You are just repeating what others have said before... There is a unique difference that must be understood, NOT ALL INTELS ARE CREATED EQUAL !  My intel for example can play GTA 5 on a lower setting, so yeah some of them can do gaming, albeit not as well as the dedicated cards, depends very much on the card, it's drivers, and most importantly the system supporting it.  In the case of CRFD above his intel card isnt even listing the model which it is for the drivers, so my guess is his is using generic intel drivers instead of ones for his vid card specifically..

As to your question about where the DX diag is, I already answered that earlier up there in a post, don't just browse the post actually read it.

@everyone please use quotes instead of codes for any further documents posted (DX or logs) my computer doesnt like the code tag for whatever reason.

Great news guys!  After I noticed it with the help of you guys, I was able to find that in the Nvidia panel, it had not actually applied my changes to use the high performance graphics.  I just loaded up the stock game and I saw that it worked with that.  Most of the mods have worked for me now, so I am going to try to install the Manhattan mods again and see if they work. I can't thank you guys enough!

I think what happened to me was when I updated my drivers for my graphics card, the game reverted to using the Intel card, so watch for that and see if that is something else.

EDIT: Now I can't give commands to anyone move anymore.  That list of commands is blank on some of my mods, so I am going to attempt to reinstall all of them.

Yep I can tell you that ultimately as to your intel card, you're probably using the wrong driver for your card, for normal "desktop" applications it will run fine (watching videos, browsing, etc) but it won't do gaming right with the wrong drivers... Up to you to fix that, but not important really since you do have the dedicated card.  Mine is the R9 series, so diff control panel, but same deal I tell mine to run which apps I want on the dedicated and which ones on my intel card (older games mostly).

The best thing you can do when you have a system working as you want it to, is to disable automatic updating of your video card drivers, because sometimes new drivers will change things/remove features that some of your older games require causing them to no longer work.. If it ain't broke, don't fix it type of motto applies here, since graphical drivers arent security-related it's safer to not let the system auto-update them just because a new ver is available.

Commands issue is related to a bad install of one of the mods most likely, instead of going into it's own mod folder one of them probably ended up installed in the root directory... Gotta wipe them all out and put em back one by one to find the culprit=/  Sorry.

Good job CRFD Engine 7! Well to the command it depends on what you are doing. So if you loaded one mod and played on it and then loaded another mod and played on it then the commands wont work for some reason. THe only thing you should do if you want to play another mod (If you have loaded a mod) Just exit out and open up 911 First Responders again, then you can load your mod

MikeyPI here is my DX dialog

DxDiag.txt

Once again yours is showing just generic information, not your actual card for the video card. 

Your DX:

---------------

Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel® HD Graphics Family
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_22D6103C&REV_0B
   Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
      Shared Memory: 1792 MB
         Monitor Id: CMN15B9
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.049Hz)
        Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32
Driver File Version: 10.18.0010.3496 (English)
     Driver Version: 10.18.10.3496

My DX:

---------------

Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel® HD Graphics 4600
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0416&SUBSYS_F9351179&REV_06
   Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
      Shared Memory: 1792 MB
         Monitor Id: CMN1737
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.008Hz)
Driver File Version: 10.18.0010.4061 (English)
     Driver Version: 10.18.10.4061
        DDI Version: 11.1
     Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
Graphics Preemption: DMA
 Compute Preemption: Thread
           Miracast: Supported
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated
     Power P-states: Not Supported
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 12/31/2014 23:41:02, 10896312 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

Note that mine actually shows what model I have for my video card... That is probably why my video card has no problems where yours does, because your intel card is being used as a "generic" by it's drivers.. When they make generic bundle drivers they are universal to work on all the cards, but ultimately as with anything that is universal it does not take into account special aspects of the device it's linked to..  

Your best bet is to try to find different drivers and update your intel systems, not just the drivers to the video card but also the intel control panel (newer control panel=more features).  I noticed your drivers are rather old, so by now there is probably a newer driver available for it, you just may have to manually find it for your exact version of your video card that you have.  I believe yours is the intel HD4400 but double check under device manager to verify that, and manually search for the drivers that suit that card instead of letting windows/hp pick the drivers for it.  I don't have a 4400 so I am not sure if it has problems specific to it's card type, but it's strange that it just has your vid card marked as just an intel, when that happens it is usually using a "generic" driver instead of a specialized one for the exact hardware you've got.

It will say it's up to date because as far as it is concerned it is, yet my driver is newer than yours is 12/31/2014. Like I said because yours is being treated as a "generic" intel family card it's using it as a generic intel family card.  Mine is treated as exactly what it is, so it uses all of it's features...  Best guess because of your computer being made by HP, it is going for the generic version instead of the specific.  As I told you in the previous post you cannot automatically update, you must manually search for a driver for the video card you have.

Took me two seconds to search manually for these:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel+HD+4400

Read very closely in the previous post and I told you that you'd have to manually search, not rely on windows to tell you if it's up to date or not.

I searched for your specific processor and GPU unit, so those drivers are what are supposed to work for it, my best guess since you have an HP pc, it requires HP-specific drivers.. That'd mean you're outta luck, the driver page I gave you is for the proper processor and GPU, if it is incompatible it is either because the hardware is a different typeset or because yours uses special drivers that arent supported by intel through their service online.. Means HP has to supply your drivers and ultimately that'd mean you get less frequent/less useful updates to them.

Even still I searched from your DX diag on HP's site since apparently thats what you'll have to work with, and I'd guess there is a newer driver there.. Idk your exact model of Envy, but I searched and found newer graphics drivers for some of the envys (2015)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/identify?q=HP+ENVY+15+x360&tool=s-002#Z7_3054ICK0K8UDA0AQC11TA930O2

Find your exact model and look there.. Either way HP uses custom drivers so you're getting stuck with whatever their drivers have with them, not exactly the original OEM from intel.

That information was already in the Directx Diag regarding that it is an x360... you need to know the exact model which is usually found on the serial number to the machine, all makes of computers have several models within the same line-up because of different configurations, just because you have a Dell XPS 15 does not mean it's exactly the same as all other XPS 15's.   Find the exact model of your computer and search on the link I provided for your exact computer.

Ultimately though as I've already stated in your case, it makes use of HP's driver set, not intel's.  Because of this your drivers are more "generic" and do not get all the features/benefits of drivers for your specific card.  I am aware of what your video card is, but DX is not, Direct X is treating your video card as a Generic Intel Graphics chipset, and since that is what most games, including em4 use to process the graphical features of the game, there ya go. Your only hope is that somewhere in the HP updates on that site that I've provided the link to there is a graphical update for your specific specs that changes that, if it doesnt you're going to be stuck with the problems you have.  Yet another reason to love HP.

Secondly, your computer is one of those that tries to be an "all-in-one", being lightweight, having the ability to be a tablet and not an actual computer comes at a cost, welcome to the cost.... It's trying to do so many things that ultimately it isnt great at any one thing, instead mediocre at every single trick that it can do, compared to the devices out there that are purpose built to fill all the roles yours wants to claim it can do.  Chances are it won't be possible to fix your graphical problems because of how your machine was engineered by HP, I've already explained why that is several times now, and the only possible solution lies in updating manually through the manuf. website's pool of resources if they've got one that works for yours in particular, if not, because the way HP uses their own sourced intel drivers instead of the most current up-to-date Intel packages available, you get more generic drivers than someone who has just the Intel chipset they bought themselves or from another manuf. that just uses the default oem driver package.