FrozenOne-94

Las Vegas modification -sneak peak information -statement

Come on guys! I am a bit confused here!!   :WTF:

I thought we were all on the same page here on this forum. Didn't we ALL cry for the making of a new LA-MOD at the coming out of EM5?? Didn't we all wait for the one person who would make a working MOD for EM5 in a way Hoppah did at the time in EM4?? At least, I was one of them...

I've told this before on the forum, and I am not ashamed to repeat myself, but I don't know anything about MODDING myself; I'm just "a simple player". I've played the Dutch MOD during its developing period. I was happy and impressed the way it was going. I was sad to learn that that there was put a stop on the development of this MOD but, as I wrote before, (...) "to me it 's a comforting thought to know that FrozenOne-94 is joining the camp of American MOD makers, being familiar with the Dutch MOD he created"Have you, by the way, played this MOD any time at all?

I can't help the feeling that you both are attacking the guy who is really trying to make an effort to make a working American MOD for EM5. I haven't seen YOU guys doing anything for that matter. It's always easy to critizise while staying on the side line. Maybe you're feeling frustrated that you're not succeeding so far yourselves, if you ARE trying at all, or you're just being impatient for still missing a working American MOD like Hoppah created in EM4...  :mad:

As far as I got to know FrozenOne-94, he is enthousiastic enough to pull the job. Remarks like you just made, are not helping him at all. Please note: he is doing this for a hobby and he is very much willing to share his plans, suggestions, efforts and results on the forum with us on a voluntary basis. He is NOT getting payed for this! I, for one, wouldn't want to be in his shoes... :(

So, please show some patience, give the guy some credit, cut him some slack - he really should deserve it.  :12:  

That being said, no hard feelings! Let's get our noses straight and keep it civilized here!   :cheers:

Cheers!!   :holdglass:

Robert.
Netherlands 

Maybe the reason you haven't seen anyone do anything is because none of us know how.... 

Sorry duded some time people advertise all kinds of crap, what they can due and hold it hostage.  Good luck with the mod looking forward to seeing (Las Vegas) man it sounds like a lot of work.  Take your time and if you can make it work for EM5 game that would produce more sale for sixteen stones in US :)  I think the RCMP Mod crew was going to try that, maybe hook up them      

I rest my case... ;)

No. What people are saying is that you can either have just one person who knows how to actually mod this game this one project, one direction, one city. Or shared knowledge and multiple projects with different approaches cities etc. that's all, noones giving anyone grief.

No. What people are saying is that you can either have just one person who knows how to actually mod this game this one project, one direction, one city. Or shared knowledge and multiple projects with different approaches cities etc. that's all, noones giving anyone grief.

If so, then why not wait untill FrozenOne-94 has the MOD up and running? For then, he would be able to help you guys out and bring in your own ideas and projects to make it work inside the in near future WORKING Las Vegas-MOD. He promissed you all to do so in his response on June 4:

"I could look into making a tutorial but this would be after the USA Mod is coming along nicely and is up and running. I stopped working on the Dutch Modification so I can focus all my available free time on creating this mod so for now I'm not taking on any side projects. That being said I promiss to help everyone out once I made progress with this modification" :-)

I don't know how Hoppah worked at the time with the fabrication of his LA-MOD inside EM4 (and If I'm wrong, please correct me!), but I can imagine that (although he might have stood open for suggestions) he made sure that the LA-MOD was HIS "baby" and stayed that way. And, fortunately, we all let him and waited every time patiently for his next "LA-MOD" version to come out... 

So, why not doing it here as well? Like I said, I am only a player, but I am convinced it will all work out fine and the MODDERS can all have their input in future with this upcoming MOD. For what its worth: inside the Dutch Mod that FrozenOne-94 had created, I had the "Unlimited Units MOD" (fabricated by "Leandro") installed as well. It worked like a charm...

Cheers!!  :holdglass:

Robert.

+1 and like what I said above.

Well, ultimately comparing EM4 to EM5 is a pointless ideal, EM4 at least had some support provided to make it easier, plus it was very similar to EM3 which made the process of going forth much much easier.  Em5 is a totally new beast, great for Frozen One here that he has figured out all these many tasks to make a mod for EM5.  That being said, I believe the many modders (myself not included) that wished to move onto em5 feel it is rather selfish to keep everything you've figured out along the way just to yourself.  I believe most modders would like the opportunity to throw their hat into the mix on creating their own projects, instead of just having to wait for yours to be well-established as the only game in town before they even might get some help from you.  Ultimately a community is supposed to exist to help one another out whenever possible, especially in instances for the good of the community as a whole.

Ultimately if you want to run a monopoly and be the only game in town for modding em5, that's your right but it is something you should at least consider along the way since making a full blown mod is a great deal of work and doing it solo means a very long time to do it all on your own.  It might serve you just the same to try to bring some of the people who have ambitions into the fold, or release it to the community at large, even if it costs you time in the short-term it may save you time in the long-haul if some of the things you need for your town are made by others as well.  Just food for thought, but ultimately you can do as you wish to do, and people can also agree or disagree with the choices you make, we don't try to run a collective opinion here where everyone has to agree with one another.

Goodluck to you either way with your project. Ultimately though I think the community is better served having more options available sooner for this game as opposed to having all ambitions held in the format of a single project that will be well-established prior to anyone else getting a hand to even try to head in the right direction.  To me in that situation the number of people interested in the game will just dwindle further than it already has thus far (not that it was all that popular anyway so far).  Best of luck on your project, hopefully you can find ways to do more than just visual changes and make some substantive changes along the way to bring EM5 closer to what EM4 already had.

Well, ultimately comparing EM4 to EM5 is a pointless ideal, EM4 at least had some support provided to make it easier, plus it was very similar to EM3 which made the process of going forth much much easier.  Em5 is a totally new beast, great for Frozen One here that he has figured out all these many tasks to make a mod for EM5.  That being said, I believe the many modders (myself not included) that wished to move onto em5 feel it is rather selfish to keep everything you've figured out along the way just to yourself.  I believe most modders would like the opportunity to throw their hat into the mix on creating their own projects, instead of just having to wait for yours to be well-established as the only game in town before they even might get some help from you.  Ultimately a community is supposed to exist to help one another out whenever possible, especially in instances for the good of the community as a whole.

Ultimately if you want to run a monopoly and be the only game in town for modding em5, that's your right but it is something you should at least consider along the way since making a full blown mod is a great deal of work and doing it solo means a very long time to do it all on your own.  It might serve you just the same to try to bring some of the people who have ambitions into the fold, or release it to the community at large, even if it costs you time in the short-term it may save you time in the long-haul if some of the things you need for your town are made by others as well.  Just food for thought, but ultimately you can do as you wish to do, and people can also agree or disagree with the choices you make, we don't try to run a collective opinion here where everyone has to agree with one another.

Goodluck to you either way with your project. Ultimately though I think the community is better served having more options available sooner for this game as opposed to having all ambitions held in the format of a single project that will be well-established prior to anyone else getting a hand to even try to head in the right direction.  To me in that situation the number of people interested in the game will just dwindle further than it already has thus far (not that it was all that popular anyway so far).  Best of luck on your project, hopefully you can find ways to do more than just visual changes and make some substantive changes along the way to bring EM5 closer to what EM4 already had.

Hit a nail on the head. You also have to consider how long the project might take -- are you doing this all by yourself ? -- and that factors in the patience of the EM4-EM5 community. I feel we will get a faster result if we have a tutorial that we all can collaborate on together and potentially provide greater discoveries than you've ever known. Do i want to wait for you to finish this mod in order to know the step by step ? Needless to say, i'm not interested. This could lead to a massive fallout in the Em5 community and most likely start dusting up on everyone's computer because of the lack of interest. 

This is your dice, how are you going to roll it ? 

I'm hosting a Q&A session in this topic due to a weeks vacation:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/20433-qa-about-modding/

I'll try to help everyone out. ;)

Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard of FrozenOne-94 again since the beginning of his Q&A Session on June 11? In this Q&A Session, on Junie 15, he posted the following:

"Thanks to all of you for input. I'll start working on your requests and will post a 'getting started' topic in a few days"  ;)

I never saw this topic appear on the forum but, then again, it could very well be that he answered all of your questions in a private mail... Still, it strikes me that "it's all quiet at the western front", so maybe he's working "low profile" just to get things on the road. I mailed him a couple of times since June 14 in private messages, but I never received any reply - and that is SO not like him - getting to know him as a very sympathatic guy and a even more enthousiastic MODDER. I even am starting to get a little bit worried now; if not for the future development of the MOD, then surely for his personal circomstances... :huh:  

So, if any of you knows anything, please let us know...

Robert. 

Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard of FrozenOne-94 again since the beginning of his Q&A Session on June 11? In this Q&A Session, on Junie 15, he posted the following:

"Thanks to all of you for input. I'll start working on your requests and will post a 'getting started' topic in a few days"  ;)

I never saw this topic appear on the forum but, then again, it could very well be that he answered all of your questions in a private mail... Still, it strikes me that "it's all quiet at the western front", so maybe he's working "low profile" just to get things on the road. I mailed him a couple of times since June 14 in private messages, but I never received any reply - and that is SO not like him - getting to know him as a very sympathatic guy and a even more enthousiastic MODDER. I even am starting to get a little bit worried now; if not for the future development of the MOD, then surely for his personal circomstances... :huh:  

So, if any of you knows anything, please let us know...

Robert. 

I m very intersted as well +topic waas deleted i don't get it what happened?

Well, all I can tell you is that FrozenOne-94 had a "break" because of "very personal circumstances" - as he later explained when he returned to the forum...

Cheers!! :holdglass:

Robert.

ik that but imean why was the topic deleted i was one of the first who saw those screenshots but now suddenly they disapeared any clue why?

Edit: Lol nvm i just found out i feel stupid xD

Edited by Maiestro