• No
  2. 2. Fire Dept. Vehicles

• Great selection!
    • Could be more.
    • I don´t like it
  3. 3. New Map!?

• Good idea!
    • Nah, use the Los Angeles Mod Map

Secret Service unmarked Suburban. Yes, they units lights actually exist.

Credits:

Skin edits: PaganiZonda760 (Color Change, adding Details)

Lighting: PaganiZonda760

Adding in-game: PaganiZonda760

Base Skin: itchboy

itchboys chevrolet emergency pack

Authors : Ubisoft - Chevrolet Impala and Chevrolet Express Model
          Itchboy - Chevrolet Caprice PPV
                  - Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban
                  - Chevrolet Silverado 1500
                  - Mapping, Textures, Interior, Wheels and many major edits to the models

Secret Service unmarked Suburban. Yes, they units lights actually exist.

Credits:

Skin edits: PaganiZonda760 (Color Change, adding Details)

Lighting: PaganiZonda760

Adding in-game: PaganiZonda760

Base Skin: itchboy

itchboys chevrolet emergency pack

Authors : Ubisoft - Chevrolet Impala and Chevrolet Express Model

Itchboy - Chevrolet Caprice PPV

- Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban

- Chevrolet Silverado 1500

- Mapping, Textures, Interior, Wheels and many major edits to the models

I think there is only one mod I've played with a police Suburban, and that was the BoF mod, however it was unmarked FBI. Really excited to just see Suburbans really, Itchboy did an amazing job on them. Your mod is looking great so far, can't wait for the next showcase!

For the FD vehicles, pretty cool to see the Battalion (chief?) using something other than a pickup or Chevy SUV, looks good.

And finally, I'm not really a fan of the unmarked crown vic. I'm not really sure what year that is, but the sharper and less rounded ones look a bit better, in my opinion. That and CVPIs have for so long been the most used police unit, you know?

Edited by RealSnow

I have a question. What part of DC Fire are you guys going to do are you going to do all engines, aeriel trucks, battalion cars and ambulances or part of it. I love DC Fire a lot and looking forward to this mod. Please let me know about this. Thanks a lot!

Probably all the units around White House area, but bc there are not many units in Washington, so all the units can be expected!

There are quite a bit of units in Washington, D.C. It would not be practical to represent every single one of them.  A certain number of each type is reasonable but not every single unit.  I'd strongly urge you to check into the active units currently deployed in the D.C. Metro area.

There was a stolen content allegation levied in the DC mod topic, PaganiZonda claimed that this was not the case, so I instructed both parties to provide their source imagery and subsequently compared them... This is the investigation and the ultimate results:

Ultimately the results are in and he will be found guilty of sourcing goog's image, I believe he did use the original provided with nnico's car available for download as a base.  He ultimately cut and pasted some of goog'scontent into the vehicle's skin, the grille I do not believe to be one of those components (though possible it did not have enough similarities to be comfortable making the call on that).

5v3rGNA.png

loN6bYs.png

tQL5QUd.png

3ID7JTQ.png5ytYrmu.png

K2e1WhS.pnggWQgsyu.png

Highly suspect is the window frame area, not because of the chrome specifically, there are slight differences in goog's vs zonda's in that regard, but ultimately the black portion that goes along with the chrome trim appears to be nearly identical so it is highly probable they are in fact one and the same just adjusted via a filter (IE made darker).

The door handles is again another area that is extremely suspect, the original nnico ones were black, which in of it's self isnt a big deal as that can be altered easy enough. The problem is both goog's and zonda's have identical keyhole placement and coloring, that would be highly unusual to happen so it is highly probable he sourced goog.

Lastly and ultimately the definitive problem that was encountered in the review is the trim component on the rear below the lights/trunk... This component on the original texture from nnico is black, as I've stated before it would not be impossible to believe two individuals could make this component chromed instead, especially since goog does not use a highly custom chrome trim.  The problem for it is, that it is not just a chrome strip that is present on zonda's, but also the trim markings from the black pieces on the rear of the trunk lid as well as a portion of the grey bodywork from goog's skin.  Given that zonda's vehicle allegedly was created on the original texture, those markings for where the trim ends would not have been present, as the original one did not have them.  Zonda's does, however so that is extremely unusual since he has the original black inserts for the trunk, but they are not aligned as the original ones are and should be, they have the same difference as goog's does... More important though aside from that in the rear portion is the slight defect above the trim, there is in fact a piece of "grey" texture visible, unfortunately that would not happen by mistake as evidenced looking at the white original source, the only way that could happen is copying it directly from Goog's texture, which is easy enough to verify by inspecting the color.  The colors when sourced from nearly identical locations on the area visible are identical.

The end result of the issues above leads to a definitive answer of guilt in this matter and will be addressed accordingly, the offending vehicle(s) must be removed for the modification to go forward.  Any other objects, components, textures, or other source material created by Goog shall be removed as well as he has requested immediately.  If he created or had a part in the content you may not use it for this modification and will face subsequent enforcement for violations of these terms set by the author of the sourced material.

Zonda himself will receive one additional warning point  and a subsequent suspension of approximately 15 days.  The reason for the extended suspension is due to the fact that within the course of the investigation, when asked directly via PM if he sourced any other people's textures, he stated no, but explicitly mentioned the very same modification Goog created that the sourced texture came from.  Making false statements to us is a serious problem and ultimately is the reason behind the extended vacation. 

For the time being since the primary author has to be suspended do not expect responses from him regarding this modification until his suspension expires.

• Downvote 1

There was a stolen content allegation levied in the DC mod topic, PaganiZonda claimed that this was not the case, so I instructed both parties to provide their source imagery and subsequently compared them... This is the investigation and the ultimate results:

Ultimately the results are in and he will be found guilty of sourcing goog's image, I believe he did use the original provided with nnico's car available for download as a base. He ultimately cut and pasted some of goog'scontent into the vehicle's skin, the grille I do not believe to be one of those components (though possible it did not have enough similarities to be comfortable making the call on that).

5v3rGNA.png

loN6bYs.png

tQL5QUd.png

3ID7JTQ.png5ytYrmu.png

K2e1WhS.pnggWQgsyu.png

Highly suspect is the window frame area, not because of the chrome specifically, there are slight differences in goog's vs zonda's in that regard, but ultimately the black portion that goes along with the chrome trim appears to be nearly identical so it is highly probable they are in fact one and the same just adjusted via a filter (IE made darker).

The door handles is again another area that is extremely suspect, the original nnico ones were black, which in of it's self isnt a big deal as that can be altered easy enough. The problem is both goog's and zonda's have identical keyhole placement and coloring, that would be highly unusual to happen so it is highly probable he sourced goog.

Lastly and ultimately the definitive problem that was encountered in the review is the trim component on the rear below the lights/trunk... This component on the original texture from nnico is black, as I've stated before it would not be impossible to believe two individuals could make this component chromed instead, especially since goog does not use a highly custom chrome trim. The problem for it is, that it is not just a chrome strip that is present on zonda's, but also the trim markings from the black pieces on the rear of the trunk lid as well as a portion of the grey bodywork from goog's skin. Given that zonda's vehicle allegedly was created on the original texture, those markings for where the trim ends would not have been present, as the original one did not have them. Zonda's does, however so that is extremely unusual since he has the original black inserts for the trunk, but they are not aligned as the original ones are and should be, they have the same difference as goog's does... More important though aside from that in the rear portion is the slight defect above the trim, there is in fact a piece of "grey" texture visible, unfortunately that would not happen by mistake as evidenced looking at the white original source, the only way that could happen is copying it directly from Goog's texture, which is easy enough to verify by inspecting the color. The colors when sourced from nearly identical locations on the area visible are identical.

The end result of the issues above leads to a definitive answer of guilt in this matter and will be addressed accordingly, the offending vehicle(s) must be removed for the modification to go forward. Any other objects, components, textures, or other source material created by Goog shall be removed as well as he has requested immediately. If he created or had a part in the content you may not use it for this modification and will face subsequent enforcement for violations of these terms set by the author of the sourced material.

Zonda himself will receive one additional warning point and a subsequent suspension of approximately 15 days. The reason for the extended suspension is due to the fact that within the course of the investigation, when asked directly via PM if he sourced any other people's textures, he stated no, but explicitly mentioned the very same modification Goog created that the sourced texture came from. Making false statements to us is a serious problem and ultimately is the reason behind the extended vacation.

For the time being since the primary author has to be suspended do not expect responses from him regarding this modification until his suspension expires.

I think this is a good call, although I feel kinda sorry for the result, I believe that what he wanted to do is just to make the mod look better, so he took part of his work, and he thought that this is not all the work from others only part of it and I believe he didn't mean to lie to the admins, just the misunderstanding of the rules of this forum, I can understand because we are just middle school or high school students who are intersted in the mod and try to learn something to improve it. Still, I believe admin did the right call and gave a fair call, just hope you can consider to cancel his 15 days "in prison" or decrease some time, I believe he will learn how to obey the rules after this. Again, as a team member, sorry about the credit issues going over and over again which should never happen, we will learn more about the rules and learn how to avoid this kind of thing happen again, sorry for bringing so many troubles to the community.
  • Downvote 1

See, that's the thing though, to the person who is wronged by issues like these, where someone takes your effort and claims it as their own there is in fact harm done.  What people fail to realize is regardless of the items in question, someone put the time and effort into making them happen.  In most instances, all that would have to be done is to ask "hey can I use this particular item for my modification, I want to use it as *whatever unit they want*".  Most people out there in this community would say, sure just give me credit for my part in it, and they're more than willing to share.  But when people directly copy or just take items someone else created without their consent it's offensive to those who did put the time into it originally, and in the instances where it goes further than just not crediting but in fact claiming total responsibility for someone else's work that is salt into the wound for the original creators.  

The "wasnt much harm done" argument even though it is unintentional, dis-respects the original individual's time and effort invested (no matter how much or little was actually involved) and will ultimately lead to people being less inclined to create new content if they believe that in the end others will just take it without consent and in some instances claim it as their own.  If you want a community with little to no content available for it (and even less brand new content), this type of conduct is the recipe to lead to that environment.  

We did not terminate this mod for this incident, where we potentially could have, but instead we are giving them the opportunity to correct the situation, and that ultimately means removing the content involved and any other related materials from the author who was wronged in this situation.  We could have went further with the issue but instead are trying to be as minimally damaging as possible, while also holding the persons at fault accountable for their intentional wrongdoing.  It is not a misunderstanding to take the time to open another's work up and take materials off of it and place it onto your own work without permission, then deny the fact you did such behaviors.  Hopefully in the future moving forth this modification and it's authors will recognize the way things have been for this community and remember in the future going forth to always ensure through the readme or direct-pm's to the authors of other content that they A. Have permission to use it and B. what conditions must be met in order to use the content.

• Downvote 1

I'm beginning to fear and this option is that the mod will shut down !

If a moderator say that we need to stop it we will but until then you don't need to worry.

As far as the fire units goes. I have started to think what unit and how many. As of right now I'm thinking about 20 fire units. I will post a full list when I have decided what units that are going to be in the mod.

As a staff, we don't want to shut this down. In fact, if y'all wanna release it today, just make sure the permissions/credits are in place. This was an unfortunate situation, and the majority of the warning/punishment issued came from the fact of how it was dealt with when we asked. Listen, if you screw up, we'll probably slap you on the wrist, tell you to get the credits, or remove the unallowed product. Simple as that. If you lie to us, and mislead us, then you're gonna get nailed. That's why he got nailed. 

Hey guys! I have some bad news. Right now I'm in spain and I will be back home on sunday. However, my internet will not be on for some weeks. They dont know when but it coud be 3 weeks, it coud be 4 and it coud be more than 5 weeks before it can be on again. So I will not be on here. And I will not be posting ANY updates after that on this site from me when I'm back! Reason for that is personal! I will be on here looking for other modifications to play and leave feedback. This mod is NOT dead because of that! Lapdlafd is still on here and Pagani will be on here from the 1st of july! So thank you all for the feedback on my skins over the months! Thanks! Good Bye!