ck4life_tweets

Emergency 4 keeps crashing after several minutes

Everything appears to have loaded fine but that makes sense seeing that you can play for a few minutes before crashing. I can't see any errors anywhere that can help but if someone else takes a look they may find something I missed.

Looking @ your logfile my best guess is that you're running out of resources thus the game is terminating unexpectedly..  The question since I see you've got two mods installed, likely you're using the Canadian one during that logfile is this:  Does the game behave the same way with lighter/easier load mods like the original LA mod, does it behave the same way with the original default game?  If you are experiencing crashes after X minutes with everything, even the default game then you probably need to reduce the game settings further.  If it is with specific mods, they are likely unoptimized and are causing memory consumption to be irregularly high, or have something causing a memory leak.

Try the original Default game or a lighter/known to be stable mod and see how long it permits play for you.

Looking @ your logfile my best guess is that you're running out of resources thus the game is terminating unexpectedly..  The question since I see you've got two mods installed, likely you're using the Canadian one during that logfile is this:  Does the game behave the same way with lighter/easier load mods like the original LA mod, does it behave the same way with the original default game?  If you are experiencing crashes after X minutes with everything, even the default game then you probably need to reduce the game settings further.  If it is with specific mods, they are likely unoptimized and are causing memory consumption to be irregularly high, or have something causing a memory leak.

Try the original Default game or a lighter/known to be stable mod and see how long it permits play for you.

But I have quite a bit of memory. But i'll try lowering it. 

As I asked before have you tried running the default game or something like Hoopah's LA mod (unaltered) to see if it still crashes after a specific duration.   Your comp has an integrated chipset (amd).  I had a similar chipset on one of my laptops and it ran the game, albeit lighting was prone to causing lag.  Until you have either tried the default game and/or LA mod or similar low-demand spec mod I cannot speak further for your situation.

Looking @ your DX diag your machine has a total of 6 gigs ram, of which roughly 5.6 is available for the os to start with, your video card "dedicated" memory is the missing portion of the 6 gigs... Your OS will consume around 1 gig it's self just for the normal operation of the system at a minimum. Leaving around 4.6 gigs +/- for programs/operations..  But realize your video card has the ability to consume more of the physical memory if it is similar to the AMD chipset I had previously, so it is possible it is consuming more memory for the video card than the "dedicated" 500 mb or so it takes off the bat.

Whatever is left after that, would be around (ballparking) 3 gigs can go to the video card, 1 gig for the system run, leaving 2 gigs for the game and other applications to run on if the video card chews all that it can.  Make sure that when trying to play the game you shut down any anti-viruses you have running on your machine, some of them will try to check the game as it runs (because it runs scripts) and that can cause excessive resource consumption.  But ultimately, the computer is not ideal for gaming, so try the things I've suggested above before I can even consider any other alternatives you may try.  Obviously, make sure the computer is set to "high performance" for it's power setting and not power saver or balanced as they will reduce the available power to the machine.

Moderator note:

Don't double post like that please, you asked yesterday and did not really need to ask any help today... One day is not really enough to call a topic missed by people, and while I understand that you really want help to get this resolved, it really isnt appropriate to double post on this forum, especially when such a small time has passed since you've last posted.

In regards to it crashing on default game, Yes, it crashed after exactly 2 minutes and 5 seconds from the start of the application. 

And to my surprise, Mayberry Mod didn't crash.

And for the Los Angeles mod, it crashed after 3 minutes, 24 seconds.

However the second time I tried the Mayberry Mod, it crashed. 

What I would like you to do is this:

Delete the logfile.

Load the game:

Play Mayberry mod 'till crash. (log the estimated time it ran before crash)

Cut logfile and paste to desktop, rename it mayberry crash log.

Load game again:

Play LA mod 'till crash. (log the estimated time it ran before crash)

Cut logfile and paste to desktop, rename it LA crash log.

Load game again:

Play default game (no mod) 'till crash (log the estimated time it ran before crash)

Cut logfile and paste to desktop, rename it default crash log.

Once that is done post them here and I will look at them independently to see what the common problems are (if applicable).

From my perspective it sounds like the computer is running out of resources, which the game is known to have a memory bleed (remember memory bleed doesnt just mean physical ram alone).  When I say running out of resources it can mean the GPU is being overtaxed, the CPUs, or the Ram.  Once I see your logfiles from those scenarios I've asked for above I can try to give you a few more possible things to try that may make a difference.  I had a similar setup to yours and mine was stable with the game, albeit with some lag when the lights got excessive so there is probably a way to get it to work with some stability on yours.

In all three instances it's abruptly terminating, ironically both mods are making it further than the default did, with far more usage for both of those before it went kaput.

So that part of it is strange to me..

You can check under the amd catalyst control panel and see if you can change the settings to override the application's defaults, force it to use settings which you choose via the amd control panel may increase stability... The other option for you to attempt to do is to run the game on one core:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/9704-how-to-run-the-game-on-one-core/

Some people say this increases stability, but I've never had to do it myself.  Guess it depends on the particulars of the processor unit.