SocalHBPD

Huntington Beach, Surf City usa

Hi everyone i am planning to start making this mod. I haver made a mod would anyone like to help. I am planning on making the full city but take a few neighbor hoods out. HB has really cool fire dept which also includes marine safety. There is a major police station with 3 substations. I plan on making a full beach so that marine safetycan be involved. would anyone help teach me basics of building a mod.

post-60423-0-72907900-1430516199.jpeg

post-60423-0-14249900-1430516205.jpeg

Firstly, is this supposed to be in the EM5 section?

Secondly, noone is going to make a mod for you. People may help once you've made a start and have something to show, and that demonstrates your involvment is more than "this is what I want you to do for me".

It's easier to mod EM4, and there is plenty of tutorials to help you get started, here: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/

I would suggest having a look at those, and then start with some basic reskinning of an existing mod, such as Hoppah's LA Mod. Any difficulties, there's a lot of answers in the Modding Help section, alternatively people will be more willing to assist with some questions than they would be to create a mod from scratch for you.

Nice and ambitious speech, but what modding skills do you have to show for? Nobody here has the time to teach you the basics of modding. None of us here want to get endless PM's asking help either. You need to learn those yourself. This would be a good place to start:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/category/1-english/

Hoppah's stuff has been free to reskin since 2012 as long as you credit him and MikeyPI. Your post sounds ambitious and like the many that never got off the ground or too far. This is the only way you can spare yourself the same fate.

I will not help you more than making this post.

1. Your primary police vehicle is this:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/navymailman/3787412558/in/photostream/
    • Make use of Nnico's Ford CVPI model, then reskin it into the department's colors and decals
    • It uses an MX7000 lightbar which is already available in LA mod. All you need to do is reskin it.
    • The rambar and spotlights you can take from bama's equipment pack. The circle thingies you'll have to model yourself
  2. Your fire engine is this:
    HuntingtonBeachE41n.JPG
    • You can use the Pierce Engine from my firetruck pack then add the bumper from LA mod engines
    • The middle and rear sections can be taken from the Montana mod fire engine model, specifically Engine 1 or 2.
    • Lightbar is a Whelen Freedom which I have made. You can use that
    • You would then need to reskin it
  3. This other fire engine
    hqdefault.jpg
    • This is the exact same engine as in the Montana mod, specifically Engine 1 I think. You can take it wholesale and reskin it.
  4. Your ambulance:
    Alley-shot-of-ambulance-lg.JPG
    • It is a Freightliner M2. I made something similar for my civil car pack. You can use the cab
    • For the rear box, use the box from the LAFD Large Rescue ambulance or the Montana mod GMC ambulance
    • The LED rectangles in the front can be modelled by you

thank you itch boy and i am serious about this mod this will be my first so im not sure how long it will take but my plan for alpha testing is veichle reskins. i am trying to do all the reaserach first so i know what i have. would it be possible to make a lifeguard tower that a lifeguard could enter

post-60423-0-78842300-1430534742.jpeg