Dartlak

Plugin: Improved/new commands and GUI shenanigans

I've been working on a plugin on the German forums for a while now, and I think it's good enough now to post it here too.

In essence it provides players with a few new commands to control their vehicles:

• Turn warning-, blue- and headlights on and off
  • Turn siren on and off (sadly it plays only once)
  • If you send a vehicle back to the base, all personnell it spawned with will first enter the vehicle (if possible). Patients and/or criminals get put in the vehicle too. Only when all units are inside the vehicle (unless they're injured or similar) will it return to the base.
  • When a new vehicle gets ordered from the menu and a vehicle of the same type is already on the map and returning to the base, that one will get ordered instead and no new vehicle will spawn. To make sure this works as intended, vehicles returning to the base are unselectable.
  • If you hold CTRL while pressing the HQ button, all units will enter the vehicle, but it will not return to the base.

There is also a list of all units on the map available, accessible with a new button on the minimap.

I had to disable all automatisms because some don't work well with the new return to base command, to keep that in mind while playing.

Another new feature but useless without a custom map:

You can define parking spaces for certain vehicles (or groups of vehicles) on the map. Instead of directly despawning, a returning vehicle will first try to find a free parking space and if it finds one park there. There's a test map included in the testmod below, so take a look at that to see how exactly it works. There are also special parking spaces for hospitals or prisons to drop off "passengers" there, if necessary.

This plugin is inteded to be used by other mod authors for the added functionality, but the attached testmod can also be used by players to use the new commands.

The sourcecode is attached too, for people interested in that.

Supported Emergency 5 version: 2.0.1

Download

http://www.emergency-planet.com/files/file/1169-various-new-commands-and-guis/

Edited by Dartlak
Add new download link

I've been working on a plugin on the German forums for a while now, and I think it's good enough now to post it here too.

In essence it provides players with a few new commands to control their vehicles:

• Turn warning-, blue- and headlights on and off
  • Turn siren on and off (sadly it plays only once)
  • If you send a vehicle back to the base, all personnell it spawned with will first enter the vehicle (if possible). Patients and/or criminals get put in the vehicle too. Only when all units are inside the vehicle (unless they're injured or similar) will it return to the base.
  • When a new vehicle gets ordered from the menu and a vehicle of the same type is already on the map and returning to the base, that one will get ordered instead and no new vehicle will spawn. To make sure this works as intended, vehicles returning to the base are unselectable.
  • If you hold CTRL while pressing the HQ button, all units will enter the vehicle, but it will not return to the base.

There is also a list of all units on the map available, accessible with a new button on the minimap.

I had to disable all automatisms because some don't work well with the new return to base command, to keep that in mind while playing.

Another new feature but useless without a custom map:

You can define parking spaces for certain vehicles (or groups of vehicles) on the map. Instead of directly despawning, a returning vehicle will first try to find a free parking space and if it finds one park there. There's a test map included in the testmod below, so take a look at that to see how exactly it works. There are also special parking spaces for hospitals or prisons to drop off "passengers" there, if necessary.

This plugin is inteded to be used by other mod authors for the added functionality, but the attached testmod can also be used by players to use the new commands.

The sourcecode is attached too, for people interested in that.

Where exactly do we put the mod?  I mean, which EM5 folder?

Updated the plugin, because it was crashing a bit too often.

​@Arariel: You can just drag & drop the zip file into the modifications section of the launcher

Hey there.

When I load up the Berlin map and request a Heavy Rescue Vehicle, the game crashes  I can only assume it's something with your mod, as I didn't have this issue beforehand.

Aaargh not again :( Did you use the new version I uploaded yesterday? I can't reproduce the crash sadly. It was reported before on the German forums, but I thought I fixed it. Make sure you have updated the game to version 1.4.1, too.

I downloaded the one linked in your opening post.  If that one is old, please link me to the newest version. :)  I didn't see a link in your post that said you updated it.

No, I always update the first post, so that's the newest version. But maybe you downloaded it before I updated? Can you post the error message?

Just to make sure, I went back and downloaded your mod again, and it was working for a while until I tried to send back several police cars.  I got two sent back, but when I sent the third, it crashed.

RQM0vZW.png

and I downloaded the full thing for you.

EMERGENCY5SteamDeluxe_error_report_150824-033713.zip

I'm not going to worry much about it right now until there is more support for mods on EM5.. Great look to the mod though.... I would be interested in attempting to mod stuff if I was able to find out where to start... Been playing around and can't figure it out... If you have any insight on where to begin let me know haha.

Since from what I understand, you are talking about the Dutch mod, so although I do not have explicit permission, I do have two things to my argument:

1. I'm trying to do a favor to the community.

2. I reasonably believe that there would be no problem.

And some more:

3. I'm not taking the idea as my own. I'll still credit Frozen- One for the idea.

4. If Frozen- One says I can't continue development of the mod, then I won't post it.

5. I have no bad intentions with the takeover.

6. If he ever goes on the forums again, he will find out and have a chance to tell me I can't continue development.

​Sure, go ahead.

Thanks! I'll credit you for your part.

For some strange reason, whenever I click the  "code.zip" or the "testmod.zip" to download this, I keep getting an internet error (HTTP 500 Internal Service Error for Internet Explorer) saying that the website may have a programming error. Could you supply a new link, or is the actual link having problems?

Thanks for your help.