FireShooter10

Unable to Use EM4 Mod Installer

Hello all,

Recently, I decided to install EM4 on my laptop. I own a hard disc copy of the EM3+EM4 combo, and I decided I wanted to install EM4 onto the laptop. There was one main issue I noticed right away, the laptop I purchased does not have a disk drive. Therefore; I uploaded the game files onto a cloud service from the original install on my desktop. Both systems are running the same OS, Windows 8.0. This is also a legitimate version of the game, so no issue there. The problem I am experiencing is that I get an error using the mod installer that says I need to reinstall, obviously highlighting the hardware issue with this laptop. However, the game does run fine, and I can play mods that are just a raw folder inside a .rar, but I cannot use the EM4 mod installer and because of that I am missing out on playing some cool mods on my laptop. I have tried using regedit to input new keys for the game, but that didn't do any good. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

FireShooter10

Here is how to fix the problem. As long as your laptop has a USB port it will be easy. What you need to do is download the mod on your desktop. Insert a flash drive into the desktop and copy and paste the mod onto the flash drive. then place the flash drive into the laptop and cut and paste the mod into the mods folder. That is how I do it on my computer that does not have a CD drive and its works everytime.

Here is how to fix the problem. As long as your laptop has a USB port it will be easy. What you need to do is download the mod on your desktop. Insert a flash drive into the desktop and copy and paste the mod onto the flash drive. then place the flash drive into the laptop and cut and paste the mod into the mods folder. That is how I do it on my computer that does not have a CD drive and its works everytime.

Didn't think of that, thanks Jamn!