William Stapleford

New Lighting For Flatbed Tow Truck

I have finished most of the lighting on the default tow truck and have added many new lights, patterns and features as listed below.  I am looking for someone or a few people that would be willing to test this to see if it works well and point out any improvements or recommendations.  The following screenshots below are IN GAME shots taken at Ultra quality.

Changes to Default tow truck

Changes all blue lights to the standard Yellow / Red lighting config found here in the USA.  We do not allow vehicles such as tow vehicles to have Blue lighting as it is not a true emergency vehicle.

Changes flash patterns on Light bar

Added red center led combo to light bar

Added red 90 degree facing to side on light bar

Added strobes to turn signal lights

Added strobes to tail lights and created a flashing Wig / Wag alternating speed flash pattern

Added several lighting effects to outside of vehicle for surrounding buildings and objects

Added two Rear white lights for lighting up the bed area of the vehicle

Added two white alternating flashing lights to the center of the light bar

Created several custom flash patterns to mimic what is seen on some tow trucks.

Created for the latest version of Steam v1.3.2  at this time.

Also I'm not sure how to package this for a mod release so could use some help.  I can walk someone through replacing files to get them in game but I'm hoping to make it a drag and drop mod if possible.  All elements are default model with exception of custom light flares and added lights.

2015_04_15_00003.jpg

2015_04_15_00002.jpg

2015_04_15_00001.jpg

2015_04_14_00004.jpg

If interested please PM me for the files and I will see what I can do, also if you know how to package a Mod so it is Drag and drop please help me out here.  Hope to get a video up soon to show comparison and changes to each model as the photos only show so much and cant demonstrate the lighting flash patterns.  

Finally thanks to all those that have helped answer questions and get back some of the work lost with each patch that steam releases.  Hopefully I can write up a tutorial soon on how to edit the lighting or what I have learned so far.

Have a great day/night everyone.

Bill

Delaware, USA

• Upvote 1

Here is the file for the New Tow Truck Mod.

This is the default flatbed Tow truck with lighting changes to make it look more like a USA version.  There should not be any special requirements for using this Mod.  

Simply download the file and then use the EM5 Splash screen.  Select Modification from the Menu and then select add.  Browse to the file location and double click.  The Mod should be loaded and then become available for use.  Make sure that the blue square is filled in.  This will indicate that the mod is active.

Once the mod is active then select the play mode that you want to use and enjoy.

I hope that you enjoy this mod and I'm looking forward to making a few more lighting mods in progress already.  If there are any questions / comments / suggestions please feel free to PM me.

Please note that although this Mod is nothing more then a modification of a general default model I take no responsibility for any damage or problems that it may cause if it is installed. 

To return the EM5 game to default models only (NO MOD) simply go to the modification option on the EM5 splash screen.  Click on the blue square next to the mod you wish to turn off.  The blue square should now go away and this will indicate that the mod files are turned off.

Bill

Delaware, USA

new_tow_truck.zip

I have actually made some major changes to the flat bed tow truck and will be releasing a far better version in the near future. Hope to include auto running lights that switch on via time of day. Several other new things to try out. Hope to have it ready by this weekend if time allows and get a video up too.

Thanks for the complements.

Bill