Guest smoke

Speed of Units

Guest smoke

Hi guys,

Three questions for you:

1. I modded the speed of all my units to be quite a bit faster because it think it's much, much more realistic to have those engines barreling through town rather than going 25 MPH. Unfortunetly, after modding the speed factor in unit.xml for each unit the unit disappears from the dispatch/buy list?? But the units that are already placed in the freeplay map (I'm using 1.3 L.A. mod) work fine and move faster which looks awesome. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Never mind, each unit.xml has two speed values and I wasn't editing the free play one. Editing the other value apparently makes the unit disappear from the buy menu.

2. Also, I modded the frequency of events (in L.A. Mod 1.3 again) in the fp_parameters_endless.xml file extensivly (because I wanted 80% of the calls to be medical like real life and I wanted up to 10 minutes between calls to be more realistic), but now no events ever occur (I tried tons of different settings). So I replaced the file with the original, but still all events were broken?? Only after replacing the ENTIRE specs folder did events work again. This leads me to believe that the fp_parameters_endless.xml is modifying other specs folder files when the game loads. So apparently other files need to be modified as well?? Can anyone give me some tips here?

3. I think the dispatch videos are .ogg, right? Does that mean I could replace the with .ogg audio files (I know, that's probably stupid and would never work)? If not, can I change the code that calls for the dispatch videos to instead call for my custom audio dispatch files? I would think that would be simple because you're just changing a file address, but like everything else, it's probably much more complicated that I can imagine. The files are .mpg's. Maybe if I create a mpeg with nothing but a black screen with dispatch audio behind it I can just replace the standard files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I think this would not have been hard to find for you if you would really have looked to that file ;)

<speed value="120" />

change that to change speed, not that freeplay and missions can have different speeds, so edit the both values

==

Now to smoke:

First of all, :welcome:

About the.mpgs, yes you can just replace them :)

2. Also, I modded the frequency of events (in L.A. Mod 1.3 again) in the fp_parameters_endless.xml file extensivly (because I wanted 80% of the calls to be medical like real life and I wanted up to 10 minutes between calls to be more realistic), but now no events ever occur (I tried tons of different settings). So I replaced the file with the original, but still all events were broken?? Only after replacing the ENTIRE specs folder did events work again. This leads me to believe that the fp_parameters_endless.xml is modifying other specs folder files when the game loads. So apparently other files need to be modified as well?? Can anyone give me some tips here?

Its true, it seems that the freeplayparams files are really bugged sometimes, but what did you exactly change? Only the average frequency per 10 mins?

Guest smoke
Hey Thanx speed works, I changed it to 145

Does anybody know how can I turn off the rain ? lol It decreases the fps

Look at the bottom of the fp_params_endless.xml - there's a bunch of weather settings there. But I don't know how to change the weather for the missions (maybe there's an option in the graphic settings?).

Thanks for the help. I re-edited the xml being very careful not to mess anything up, and the events work fine now. :sleep: