starkiller1337

Mega City Mod (W.I.P)

HELLO ALL THAT COME AND READ THIS FORUM.

I have been working and modeling for a mod that i have made called "Mega City Mod". This is a mod that will include 4 custom emergency services.

Agencies:

Mega City Police Department

Mega City Fire Department

Mega City Ambulance Service

Office of Technical Service & Repair

here are some of the units i made: (note: yes, i know they are about halfway more or less into the editor floor, but i cant seem to figure out how to orient them so that all the tires stay above the editor floor)

Crash-17

post-59335-0-79274000-1428989931_thumb.p

Crash-18

post-59335-0-54957600-1428989989_thumb.p

Crash-19

post-59335-0-89198600-1428989969_thumb.p

Crash-19 Extra

post-59335-0-74215500-1428990008_thumb.p

Team status:

I am currently a one man team, i am a decent modeler, but im not so good at skinning, mapping or scripting. So i am currently looking for people to help me out with those aspects that i am not so good at.

Looking for:

Skinner

Mapper

Scripter

Since this is a one man operation as of this moment, dont expect a release anytime soon.

(note: yes, i know they are about halfway more or less into the editor floor, but i cant seem to figure out how to orient them so that all the tires stay above the editor floor)

4TqAjc5.jpg

In zm you need to raise the moddel on top of floor and setup aexis as parents has, than export.

In editor you can hold Alt and make it raise.

Thanks for the info, i'll be sure to remember that.

I fixed the issue, it was a simple matter of just changing out the old prototypes for new ones.

i'll be posting some new pics of models as soon as i can

here is the latest engine to be sent to the MCFD
post-59335-0-17963700-1429031710_thumb.p

faction vehicles so far modeled

Mega City Fire Department

post-59335-0-13905500-1429059152_thumb.p

post-59335-0-62902700-1429059006_thumb.p

Mega City Police Department

post-59335-0-76913600-1429059253_thumb.p

Mega City Ambulance Service

post-59335-0-78314300-1429059114_thumb.p

post-59335-0-30919500-1429059130_thumb.p

Thats a young scholl leage, and by far the most bad moddels over here.

We have a lot of free moddels that you can use and reskin, if you wish to continiune your scetchup art, its your problem.

Links: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/files/category/33-modding/

http://emergency-forum.de/index.php?page=Database&c=84

Incase you wana reskin them, use Paint.NET 3.5.11

I feel that it is time that the issue regarding your mod be addressed, and that is as EMC Unit said, the models. 

Using sketchup is far from recommended, in fact, we even have a couple topics with various staff saying not to use it. If you don't know how to use Zmod or other real modelling software, use a tutorial and an already complete model, and practice making little changes. Maybe make an LED lightbar and UV it, and then work your way from there. There's LOTS of help out there if you're willing to learn. You need to be able to develop models with skins before it's even sensible to stick them in the editor. No one is going to play a mod with no real models, just white blobs, and it'll never be approved as an actual mod here. 

You can certainly learn and make some progress, but right now, this is only a baby step in the right direction. As EMC Unit said, take a look at some of the release modding packs for vehicles, and begin to make edits. No mod out there has 100% original work only they did in it, everyone in the community seeks help from other members at some point. It's not shameful, and you'll get a much better result

To add to what NFK said, when you use blank vehicles and modding packs, try to make them as unique and special as possible. Look at other mods and try to see what you can do to set yourself apart from the rest.

My signature has a large number of blank vehicle bases (made by me) available for download. Feel free to choose.

As stated above, a lightbar is the easiest scratch model to start with. All you need is to make an object that's basically a rectangle. I'm gonna take a guess you know what polygons, surfaces and vertexes are by this point.

Some tutorials for how to model cars in Zmod:

http://www.etspe.ca/zmt/v2/gettingstarted.html

http://www.zmodeler2.com/?mode=docs

http://www.etspe.ca/zmt/v1/3.html

You then have to learn how to UV map it once the model is done. UV mapping is the act of assigning the surface of the model to a texture. The tutorial found here explains:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/3-zmodeler-2-uv-mapping-texturing/

Thanks for responding as quick as you guys did and i do wanna say something that i found out and that i am working to fix.

I do thank you guys for taking the time out to tell me this stuff.

I have been working on getting my models textured. I will get some textured photos in this topic as soon as possible

post-59335-0-82273900-1429108213_thumb.p

units from left to right and so on

Right:

Engine 117 (the all red one)

Engine 99

Tanker 19

Left:

Crash 17

Crash 18

Crash 19

Front:

RIOT 1

Thanks for responding as quick as you guys did and i do wanna say something that i found out and that i am working to fix.

I do thank you guys for taking the time out to tell me this stuff.

I have been working on getting my models textured. I will get some textured photos in this topic as soon as possible

Honestly I think you should focus on reworking your models first before you advance to the mapping and texturing stage.

If I had to say something about your models:

• They all appear way too boxy and sharp, almost square.
  • Models lack definition, contours and shading
  • Their scale might be off compared to similar vehicles in Em4
  • Are you basing these vehicles off real existing ones or are these purely fictional?
  • Are these vehicles from present day or future?
  • The axis on Tanker 19 is reversed, needs to face forward

You could advance to that if you want, but UV mapping cannot be edited and is final once you do it.

Honestly I think you should focus on reworking your models first before you advance to the mapping and texturing stage.

If I had to say something about your models:

• They all appear way too boxy and sharp, almost square.
  • Models lack definition, contours and shading
  • Their scale might be off compared to similar vehicles in Em4
  • Are you basing these vehicles off real existing ones or are these purely fictional?
  • Are these vehicles from present day or future?
  • The axis on Tanker 19 is reversed, needs to face forward

You could advance to that if you want, but UV mapping cannot be edited and is final once you do it.

Thanks for the input

1. i know tanker 19 is mixed up. I'm working on fixing the model to make it face forwards

2. what do u mean by scale?

3. its a mix of both present and future for this mod. for the first release i might just do present or future idk yet.

4. I know but its the best i got right now until i make an update and start to smooth out the lines in zmod

5. Since the universe of Judge Dredd is based off a futuristic era, i'm gonna be basing them off futuristic style of vehicles

Scale is how big/small the vehicle is overall. Note how the police vehicle(?) on the left is so much bigger than everything else on the right.

So the vehicles are obviously fictional since we can't predict what vehicles are used in the future. Alright.

I do have one question that i need answered and hopefully you can answer it for me.

Crash 17 is supposed to have a texture that has lettering on it, but for some unknown reason the model doesnt wanna seem to pick up that there is text on the texture itself. is there something i haven't thought about yet that might be the problem?

The texture for Crash 17 is in .dds and is 512x512

Unfortunately since you answered so vaguely, we can't answer your problem specifically. Chances are your text is on a layer floating above the base texture, causing you to not see it. Try flattening the image layers to one layer, make sure you do not have an alpha channel on your texture.

Unfortunately since you answered so vaguely, we can't answer your problem specifically. Chances are your text is on a layer floating above the base texture, causing you to not see it. Try flattening the image layers to one layer, make sure you do not have an alpha channel on your texture.

Okay, Thanks i will take a look at that. or maybe i can just create a new texture file

(sorry for the double post)

i present to you all the new lawmaster for the mcpd:

Credits

Skin: Lisa Rose

Model: VPI

post-59335-0-61066800-1429219143_thumb.p

post-59335-0-07641400-1429219157_thumb.p

(sorry for the double post)

i present to you all the new lawmaster for the mcpd:

Credits Lisa Rose

You're not sorry for the double post. If you were, you wouldn't have done it in the first place. We do give some leeway for mod creators, but in this case the edit button could've been used. Posts merged this time, next time it may cost you.

In regards to credits, you've credited Lisa Rose for something. What? And who made the model, they should be credited too.

(Wont happen again)

Lisa rose has credits for skin unknown who made the model

The model would be this:

http://www.emergency-forum.de/index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=751&highlight=mondeo

Next time get your credits right when using other people's stuff

Just some advice.

Judge Dredd takes place in the dystopian future where government rules everything and cops are judge, jury and executioner. I'd imagine they'd be driving around in things more armored than Mondeos. Vehicles have probably changed. But for sake of not having to model completely new cars, you could do this to it:

Defiance-Dodge-Charger-Main-Art-.jpg

i652078.jpg

Elysium-Nissan-GT-R-0.jpg

For your fire engines, I'd probaby just take a random modern era fire engine and add some defenses to it. You could also do it your way and make firetrucks based off of airport crash tenders. Your choice.

Ambulances could be these instead of those boxes you presented.

a-streit-usa-armored-personnel-carrier-f

Has anyone else in EmP played the game Carmageddon? Those vehicles definitely have the theme of "dystopian future where running over pedestrians is a sport"

The model would be this:

http://www.emergency-forum.de/index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=751&highlight=mondeo

Next time get your credits right when using other people's stuff

Just some advice.

Judge Dredd takes place in the dystopian future where government rules everything and cops are judge, jury and executioner. I'd imagine they'd be driving around in things more armored than Mondeos. Vehicles have probably changed. But for sake of not having to model completely new cars, you could do this to it:

Defiance-Dodge-Charger-Main-Art-.jpg

i652078.jpg

Elysium-Nissan-GT-R-0.jpg

For your fire engines, I'd probaby just take a random modern era fire engine and add some defenses to it. You could also do it your way and make firetrucks based off of airport crash tenders. Your choice.

Ambulances could be these instead of those boxes you presented.

a-streit-usa-armored-personnel-carrier-f

Has anyone else in EmP played the game Carmageddon? Those vehicles definitely have the theme of "dystopian future where running over pedestrians is a sport"

I know the setting. I did do my homework on this

All right itch. Next model i put up here is gonna be just like or similar to one of those

Also remember that the lawmaster is a bike and since i cant seem to find a good side image of a lawmaster i am stuck to using cars or trucks for now