starkiller1337

how to make a specific vehicle spawn on map at beginning of freeplay?

Hello,

I've been messing around with a map and i wanted to try and spawn a specific type of vehicle in the map at beginning of freeplay, but every time i do it doesnt work and was wondering if someone could tell me how to do this in the editor

I am trying to do the same thing in my version of the montana mod. I have made a gate but I dont know how to make the red name over the box. I did it from virtual objects. I added to the script already and now it crashes because it cant find the gate. 

Doing it solely in the editor? If you want it to look like the fire trucks at the LA mod station, then you can't do it just in the editor. 

You need to set a script to spawn a vehicle, to a specific vehicle point. 

What are you doing right now?

I edited a map in my mod so that i could add a 4th fire station and when i went to test it out in game none of the units spawned or anything. What kind of script do u need?

Just physically placing a model there does nothing. If you look at one of the other stations on the map, you'll see blue boxes in there, they're called virtual objects. You must created VOs for the new station, as well as name them and the station appropiately, and then edit the station script file to match. Look at these

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/7020-replacing-a-vehicle-in-one-of-the-fire-stations/?hl=station

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/forum/82-alteration-help/

• Thanks 1

To do that you need to place virtual objects that are big enough to hold an ambulance (use the largest one in that mod) and name them something like VO_AMBU_01 or whatever, and then edit the go to hospital command to set these as the station for the vehicle. Take a look at the LAToHospital.script that Hoppah made to get a better idea of what has to happen?