William Stapleford

forcing synchronization of lights and effects. help

Sync lights and effects

Looking for help if possible. Thought maybe with the new updates that some of the editor problems would go away but that is not the case anymore.

Im finding it near impossible to get my lighting effects to sync up with the lighting itself.It can be seen very easily be seen when taking a screenshot.

The stripes or flare will be seen but the "bulb" will be off. Harder to tell when looking at it in game. Also seems to happen when using small time values in cycle. I have made sure that all the effects have the same pattern coding and same timing but still they go out after a few flashes. 

Is there anyway to force the effects to flash at the same time all the time?

Hey William, I see you have released a flat bed tow truck lighting mod.  Did you ever make progress toward syncing the light effect timings?  I've done some experimentation in the editor but so far am unable to keep any light patterns synced up for more than a minute or two.  This is especially frustrating when trying to create, for example, wig wag head lights that alternate flash.  This has been a major de-motivator for me in an otherwise beautiful looking editor.