FrozenOne-94

NL Modification v2.0 released! Signal Torch screenshot!

Hey Bram,

It's nice to hear that most of my suggestions seem to fall into place. Now I do hope that the Dutch Mod Players will appreciate them just as much once you have fabricated the MODS and installed inside your new update. Then again, I'm sure they will respond on the forum to speak their mind the moment your update is to be downloaded. Like I said before, I will try to feed you with tips and ideas should they pop up into my thoughts while playing. 

Keep in touch.

Cheers!!   :holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands.

can someone help me i cant find the moddification tab :O

If you have updated Emergency 5 to the last patch version (1.3.2) you should be able to easily find the modifications tab. Just start the game and a menu should pop up like this one:

2hs6rdz.jpg

If you've got an internet connection while playing the game you should have the latest patch as the game forces you to play with a fully updated game.

You can also download the latest patch manually over here:

https://www.world-of-emergency.com/patch

Without a patched and updated game you will not be able to install and play modifications ;)

I hope this helped you out.

Grtz,

Bram.

the downloadlink doesn't  work is there an another link?

I submitted the new version of the modifcation half an hour ago. It is now waiting approval from forum-moderators untill you can actually download it. Shouldn't be too long untill it is up for download but it is out of my hands from now on unfortunately. I'm keeping a close eye on the download and if it hasn't been approved within half an hour I will tell so in the first post of this topic. Please bear with me while we are waiting approval.

Cheers,

Bram.

I have to report that I'm having frequent crashes in Free Play, I don't get any error, it just freezes and I have to force close it. Probably related to RAM usage as I only have 6GB of RAM and EM5 uses around 4.5GB.

However I think there might be some kind of script taking too much resources as it crashes FAR more often than base game.

Keep up the good work, so far it's a nice job :)

I have to report that I'm having frequent crashes in Free Play, I don't get any error, it just freezes and I have to force close it. Probably related to RAM usage as I only have 6GB of RAM and EM5 uses around 4.5GB.

However I think there might be some kind of script taking too much resources as it crashes FAR more often than base game.

Keep up the good work, so far it's a nice job :)

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues while playing this modification. I did not receive any reports of such problems until now but I'll make sure to look into it. Are you playing the game with a Nvidia Graphicscard?

I'm using a GTX570 with latest drivers so I don't think it's related to the graphics card, rather RAM becuase when I'm using the mod I get around 500MB free RAM.

Since I don't get any kind of error I can't provide you a bug report, I will try and see if I find some kind of error inside the event register when it crashes.

@FrozenOne-94 The Mod is Awesome, keep up your good work! :12: It´s nice to see that there are finally some Mods for Emergency 5.

@Rino7617 I dont have any crashes with the Mod, i think the RAM is the Problem, i have 16 GB RAM and EM5 usually using 7-10GB with Ultra Settings.

I always hoped you would return some day to the forum and even find the urge to continue with your Dutch MOD again. After all, you were doing very good with your Dutch "mission". Be advised however: I am NOT saying here, that you should leave your plans for making an American MOD for just what they are; on the contrary...

Now that you did return, and also with an update of your Dutch MOD, I am NOT giving you a NEW suggestion, as you stated you would not respond to those anymore. I AM giving you a small reminder though of a suggustion I made on the forum at the time, http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/20158-just-an-idea-for-making-a-new-mod/,to wich you responded positively. I don't think you've already come to that, otherwise it surely would have been mentioned in your listed updates. I do hope however, you would still consider this suggestion as one of your upcoming assignments. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Robert.

I always hoped you would return some day to the forum and even find the urge to continue with your Dutch MOD again. After all, you were doing very good with your Dutch "mission". Be advised however: I am NOT saying here, that you should leave your plans for making an American MOD for just what they are; on the contrary...

Now that you did return, and also with an update of your Dutch MOD, I am NOT giving you a NEW suggestion, as you stated you would not respond to those anymore. I AM giving you a small reminder though of a suggustion I made on the forum at the time, http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/20158-just-an-idea-for-making-a-new-mod/,to wich you responded positively. I don't think you've already come to that, otherwise it surely would have been mentioned in your listed updates. I do hope however, you would still consider this suggestion as one of your upcoming assignments. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Robert.

Hey Robert,

Thanks for your continious support even after the past months of my absence. I really appreciate it!

I did look into the DLK problem once again. The problem is that it is pretty hard coded by the developer. It should be possible to create some sort of plug-in for it but it's a real shame that the developers didn't release every aspect from the SDK. It would have been way easier if it was also possible to just edit lines of code already in the game instead of creating entirely new ones. So I know for sure it is possible but it's a real pain in the a** to figure it out  :s

I can't say too much about the American Mod mainly because of my study starting next week. The biggest problem with modding Emergency 5 is that the amount of work increased massively compared to EM4. Adding small things to the Dutch Mod won't be a problem because there is already a whole lot there to enjoy whereas it is more difficult to release a new mod with just a tiny bit of new content, people won't be satisfied as quickly I think... Kinda hard to explain but I hope you know what I mean  :P

Grtz,

Bram ;)