Guest Mugenr

911 Questions

Guest Mugenr

Hey All,

Im fairly new here so let me start by saying hi! =P

I used the search function and am postive these topics have not been coverd, if so please disregaurd..

1. I loved playing the missions in Em3 and so far Em4... but i just cant seem to play the game without LA mod (Props to Hoppah and friends) Its just wayy to unrealstic and boring lol. SO my question is, Can i play EM4 missions with LA mod, i have very little modding experience so if it involves changing alot of files i might have to just tough it out. But whats changed? why can you no-longer play default missions with the mod??

2. This one may be a little hard to explain so bare with me. in certain areas of the freeplay map, if you try and "redirect" a truck it will get stuck there.. this only seems to happen when la mod is active. the only way i have been able to unstuck one of these trucks is by blowing them up with guns and getting a truck to pick them up lol.........thats how we do in LA if you stop in the middle of traffic...blow up your car

3. I know this one has been talked about befor but i need to bring it up again =P. I understand you are very busy hoppah but if you can find the time. Please allow either 1 light equipment or bush truck go into the firehouse, there is room behind Water tender. This isnt important at all i just like seeing the fire house full lol. AND the freeplay map is CRYING for another fire station on the right side... But i understand how much work that is so no worries =P, im still blown away by the detail on your first 3 buildings. Props again. I would offer some help, but with my knowledge of modding it would be more work telling me what to do lol, im learning but the process is slow going.

Again let me say awsome work on LA mod, it is more or less the only reason i play the game, i dont think i could enjoy it with out. Amazing work for an amatuer modder. Good luck with school, i hope the time untill you are done flies by! And Stan, your patientes with some of these posters blows me away, i dont know how you find the time to reply to half of them, espically the stupid ones....And do so in a polite manner. Good job guys!

I have the english download, So fully patched and good to go... If you need more info let me know

Thanks in Advance

Brett

Hi, and first of all :welcome: to the forums

1. I loved playing the missions in Em3 and so far Em4... but i just cant seem to play the game without LA mod (Props to Hoppah and friends) Its just wayy to unrealstic and boring lol. SO my question is, Can i play EM4 missions with LA mod, i have very little modding experience so if it involves changing alot of files i might have to just tough it out. But whats changed? why can you no-longer play default missions with the mod??

I don't know what Hoppah exactly changed, but you'll need to change more then just 3 files to play those again ;) Much much more depending on what he changed so I can't really answear that.

2. This one may be a little hard to explain so bare with me. in certain areas of the freeplay map, if you try and "redirect" a truck it will get stuck there.. this only seems to happen when la mod is active. the only way i have been able to unstuck one of these trucks is by blowing them up with guns and getting a truck to pick them up lol.........thats how we do in LA if you stop in the middle of traffic...blow up your car

Thats not really to repair or to fix, its due that some objects block the truck and it wont move, call it a game bug ;)

Sometimes that happens in the right top corner of the map, when you tow away the cars on the side and cut down some trees the trucks will move again :)

3. I know this one has been talked about befor but i need to bring it up again =P. I understand you are very busy hoppah but if you can find the time. Please allow either 1 light equipment or bush truck go into the firehouse, there is room behind Water tender. This isnt important at all i just like seeing the fire house full lol. AND the freeplay map is CRYING for another fire station on the right side... But i understand how much work that is so no worries =P, im still blown away by the detail on your first 3 buildings. Props again. I would offer some help, but with my knowledge of modding it would be more work telling me what to do lol, im learning but the process is slow going.

The space behind the other vehicles can be filled up with other vehicles of the same type, to do so, just call a watertender, and two pumpers, and click on the icon "go to station", same for the last space behind the ambulance :)

TIP: If you want other vehicles I recommend you parking them on the parking behind the firestation, I mostly park an equipment vehicle with a trailer there. I don't really recommend trying to moddify the scripts, only if you have much experience with C++ scripts :)

The fire station takes a lot of space,more you addition of that kind of buildings, less space you get for your inteventions and more it gets boring. Even, Hoppah told several times to stop asking about it because one station was already very much of scripting work.

Guest Mugenr

This is kind of an after thought to your (stans) commets about parking a Light Truck And/or Brush truck in the firestation parking lot. I dont want hoppah wasting his time on this as it is very small, but im wondering if anyone in the community has the files or is willing to walk me through getting 1 of each of those vehicles to use one of the many spaces in the parking lot (exactly like the fire chief veichle).. I have looked through the scripits, and im very confused as to how you assign the vechical a certian spot, other then that i think i can figure it out

Thanks in advance

Brett

Thank you very the timely response stan it is much appreciated!

Guest Mugenr

Has anybody tried this yet? i still cant seem to figure out how to assign spot - other then that i almost have this working (this should be one of the easier parts i dont get what confusing me)

I realize this should be under Help or Mods maybe, if admin can please move to one of those threads?

thank you

brett

Has anybody tried this yet? i still cant seem to figure out how to assign spot - other then that i almost have this working (this should be one of the easier parts i dont get what confusing me)

I realize this should be under Help or Mods maybe, if admin can please move to one of those threads?

thank you

brett

You mean assign a spot in the map? Thats just a virtual object with a name :)

I released a 'patch' to make it possible to play all original missions again with v1.3

Link & more information can be found here:

http://forum.emergency-4.org/index.php?sho...amp;#entry22659