Helmet light! Most wonderful investment was a foxfuryhelmet light (my department made them standard issue after I already bought my own  :mad:  )

You should also take 5 or so pairs of medical gloves and stash them in one of your pockets, especially if you're department does wrecks or medicals as structure gloves don't provide BSI.

I personally carry:

2 Webbing pieces

- 1 22' rescue loop

- 1 16' utility loop

1 Channel Lock rescue tool

4 Wooden wedges

1 utility knife or cheap trauma shear

1 cheaper intrinsically safe flashlight

1 pair utility gloves

1 pair ems gloves

-safety glasses

1 hand warmer packet

I also have a streamlight vantage, a foxfire helmet band, and 2 additional wedges on the helmet

The res-q-wrench is something I was looking into. Which of the foxfury lights would you recommend.

I think I have a foxfury 10, its ok for interior and works GREAT for scene lighting. I use it on night wrecks all the time.

Remember less is more, you want to have all the material you need to do your job but you don't need to be the departments newest Rescue truck.

So having the Jaws of life in my truck is a bit much to carry around every day?  To me you never know when you'll want to make a car a convertible, so it's worthwhile to carry em.

Personally I carry the following:

On the belt of my normal day-to-day uniform pants (which I always wear under my bunker pants):

- Leatherman multi-tool (knife, pliers etc).

- Small leather pouch containing medical gloves, foam ear plugs & mouth to mouth resus shield.

In my bunker/ structural firefighting coat pockets:

- Leather general purpose rescue/ wildfire gloves.

- Door wedges.

- Small length of old rescue line to secure hoses aloft or tie around someone to drag them out etc.

- More medical gloves & foam ear plugs.

- Medium wound dressing in water proof packaging in the inside coat pocket.

- A small set of alarm panel/ sprinkler house door keys clipped to the bunker coat radio mic loop.

In my bunker/ structural firefighting pants pockets:

- Structural firefighting gloves.

In my rescue/ wildfire jacket pockets:

- Another set of leather general purpose rescue/ wildfire gloves.

- Safety glasses.

- Paper dust mask.

- Even more medical gloves & foam ear plugs.

No need to carry extra torches as we have an intrinsically safe one mounted on our helmet and another on our BA/ SCBA shoulder strap.

So having the Jaws of life in my truck is a bit much to carry around every day?  To me you never know when you'll want to make a car a convertible, so it's worthwhile to carry em.

lol NFK

But really, we all know that guy, don't be that guy.

Radio, streamlight attached to the jacket.

2 pairs EMS gloves and a pen in the inside pocket of the jacket.

2 wooden wedges, a folding spanner/gas wrench, cheap LED flashlight, EMS shears in one jacket pocket. Fire Gloves, a leatherman multitool and 2 screwdrivers in the other jacket pocket.

15' of webbing, wire cutters and a quality SOG knife in one pants pocket. Bailout rig in the other pants pocket (35' of rope, descender, hook and 2 different carabiners.

a few nails and another wooden wedge on the helmet.

In the truck i keep a bag with a spare flashlight, some personal hand tools, extra hood, extra gloves, winter hat and socks.

Some guys carry way more... i feel like i carry enough to get the job done. I try to have enough cutting tools and spread them around my pockets enough so even if i cant get to one pocket i can still get a cutting tool from another in case of entrapment.

Personally I carry the following:

On the belt of my normal day-to-day uniform pants (which I always wear under my bunker pants):

- Leatherman multi-tool (knife, pliers etc).

- Small leather pouch containing medical gloves, foam ear plugs & mouth to mouth resus shield.

In my bunker/ structural firefighting coat pockets:

- Leather general purpose rescue/ wildfire gloves.

- Door wedges.

- Small length of old rescue line to secure hoses aloft or tie around someone to drag them out etc.

- More medical gloves & foam ear plugs.

- Medium wound dressing in water proof packaging in the inside coat pocket.

- A small set of alarm panel/ sprinkler house door keys clipped to the bunker coat radio mic loop.

In my bunker/ structural firefighting pants pockets:

- Structural firefighting gloves.

In my rescue/ wildfire jacket pockets:

- Another set of leather general purpose rescue/ wildfire gloves.

- Safety glasses.

- Paper dust mask.

- Even more medical gloves & foam ear plugs.

No need to carry extra torches as we have an intrinsically safe one mounted on our helmet and another on our BA/ SCBA shoulder strap.

i cant recommend enough the need for a simple folding knife or wire cutters in your bunker gear pockets... a multitool is 1)impossible to open with gloves and 2)useless if its under your gear attached to your belt. If you become entangled in wire your out of luck...

i cant recommend enough the need for a simple folding knife or wire cutters in your bunker gear pockets... a multitool is 1)impossible to open with gloves and 2)useless if its under your gear attached to your belt. If you become entangled in wire your out of luck...

I disagree as I simply remove a glove and slip my hand under my coat.