itfosho

MABAS script

Hi all,

Not sure if this is in the right spot or not. Here in Wisconsin we have MABAS, it is in use in other areas in the country as well. I think it would be cool to develop a script for a Chief to call a MABAS level, to refill engines and tankers out to cover their area. 

I know this maybe difficult to script, but what are peoples thoughts on this? 

http://www.mabaswisconsin.org/

Here is what I am purposing:

Yes I know I am crazy. 

Situation: 

You have a large fire going on, all of your trucks are called out leaving your stations empty for when a second call comes in. 

Solution:

Call a MABAS call, the chief would be able to call for a MABAS alarm which would fill two engines for change of quarters at fire station 1, and provide an engine and a ladder truck to the chiefs location. Another option could be to mount this call on the station control box, that way you can call engines to specific stations. 

I think this would add a bit more realism and fun! 

Let me know your thoughts. 

Fellow wisconsinite here. This could be very interesting, but ill be honest im clueless in the scripting/modding department so im not much help.

If somebody does have the scripting knowledge to make this work. I may be able to get copies of a couple mabas runcards to base things off of.

A script like this could be very cool in one of the newer mods that uses the volunteer firefighters. It would take skinning work also. As you would want another town or cities rig to do the change of quarters so it actually looks the part.

I wish we had the knowledge to get the ball rolling and show some pics and progress then we would have better chance to get some more knowledgeable help in the scripting department

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds more like something a modder would add to his mod, than a script that could be released without anything else. What you are describing is basicly just a normal call out script?

Yes, BMA now that you mention it, that makes a whole lot more sense. This would probably be something for a mod based off of a Wisconsin dept. or if by chance one is made using another city that uses MABAS as the mods basis.

Im not sure if the op knows how to make mods or not but i know I don't have enough knowledge or enough time, that it would ever see the light of day.

I am definitely building this to be used for the volunteer mods, and I want to set it up as a base script that would be available for modders to add to their mod as they build it. I would basically be building a framework that people would be able to fill their units into. Doesnt seem like alot of interest yet... so i dont know if i will spend alot of time scripting it.  

I am definitely building this to be used for the volunteer mods, and I want to set it up as a base script that would be available for modders to add to their mod as they build it. I would basically be building a framework that people would be able to fill their units into. Doesnt seem like alot of interest yet... so i dont know if i will spend alot of time scripting it.

I've been around here since 2007, although i dont post a ton, im always reading threads trying to keep up on whats new and upcoming for this game.

The best piece of advice i can give you is if you have the knowledge to get the ball rolling, start the project, post some progress screen shots and the support will get stronger.

Lots of people have created threads over the years saying, Hey, i wanna make this or that? But in reality its a play on words hoping that someone will jump in and build the mod or script for them.

I guess all i am saying is don't immediately think lack of interest vs people waiting to see where this goes before supporting it

CFDDIVE and Quasar, thanks for the support. 

I think the biggest technical issue is that the script needs to be rewritten for every mod/map. If I build it how i am thinking i want to which is more of a template based system it will be easily added to any mod. I will see if i can play around with the scripting some tonight. its also difficult because i cant really follow any card/box system because they are all highly specific to each department. 

So i have been thinking about this awhile, and like i said i really dont know all that much about modding.

But, could you just set up buttons on the fire control panel similar to hoppahs call light force command in the la mod. Call it a mabas box alarm. It would send lets say an engine, ladder, and als unit and the battalion chief to the scene. If possible could we incorporate it to "call in" maybe an engine, truck, and med unit from "off map" from "another town" to do the change of quarters?

If this is even possible maybe The battalion chief could then get call commands for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th level boxes. And just have it keep repeating some variations of above if its a huge fire and needs to go all the way to a 4th alarm mabas box. Each alarm it would send units from the stations to the scene and then back fill the houses with another out of town unit.

If this is impossible, well then ignore my ramblings. But thought id throw the idea out there.

So i have been thinking about this awhile, and like i said i really dont know all that much about modding.

But, could you just set up buttons on the fire control panel similar to hoppahs call light force command in the la mod. Call it a mabas box alarm. It would send lets say an engine, ladder, and als unit and the battalion chief to the scene. If possible could we incorporate it to "call in" maybe an engine, truck, and med unit from "off map" from "another town" to do the change of quarters?

If this is even possible maybe The battalion chief could then get call commands for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th level boxes. And just have it keep repeating some variations of above if its a huge fire and needs to go all the way to a 4th alarm mabas box. Each alarm it would send units from the stations to the scene and then back fill the houses with another out of town unit.

If this is impossible, well then ignore my ramblings. But thought id throw the idea out there.

No no you are right on with what i am thinking, however Its the change of quarters that is the issue. There is a virtual box for each engine that parks at each station, so for every truck (if its not a duplicate) a virtual object needs to be created. Example, Engine1 at station 1 has a box called Engine1, well for every unit that isnt Engine1 a virtual box needs to be created. 

The more i am thinking about this it is something requires extensive editing and coordination with the dev team. 

Im still thinking this over. 

Darn, I forgot all about the VO boxes. That definitely will create an issue with the change of quarters.

Wish i could be of greater help on some of this stuff. Hmm

If I remember correctly the LA Mod has a similar concept with Fire Station 1 where you can have either the Tower Ladder or Tiller in the same bay along with any of the ALS ambulances can park in the ambulance bay. Seems like all you would have to do is make the units you would call for a change of quarters a vo box for that bay. In my county in Rural Upstate NY upon the receipt of any Fire involving a structure (Building Fire, Chimney Fire, Smoke Investigation) the Home Department where the Fire is occurring has a Full Response of all Apparatus then you receive 2 Engine Companies, 2 Tankers, 1 Truck Company, and 1 ALS Ambulance from neighboring departments. Then for each subsequent alarm you receive an additional Engine Company, and Tanker.

Yes, BMA now that you mention it, that makes a whole lot more sense. This would probably be something for a mod based off of a Wisconsin dept. or if by chance one is made using another city that uses MABAS as the mods basis.

Im not sure if the op knows how to make mods or not but i know I don't have enough knowledge or enough time, that it would ever see the light of day.

it could also be used for a Fictional city!? and i believe that Montana mod 2.0.1 has that kinda thing in-place ill look into it and see more in depth since ive played Montana Mod v2.0.1 and havent realized this concept yet!