TACRfan

Swat and firearms units vehicles

Hi, I started this so people can post there favourite and local swat/firearms units vehicles.

I really like this armoured Land Rover as they are not common in police forces here in the UK

post-35618-0-35636700-1423224962_thumb.j

Are those vehicles ex military? @Seluryar

@pottyscotty gotta love the x5's

@Ace i love the navy blue RCMP ones

3429162351_c5a1c88329.jpg

I really want to see one of these next time im in London but they are extremely rare

Are those vehicles ex military? @Seluryar

Only the Summit County Sheriff Truck is ex-military, the Lenco's are purpose built for police use, pretty sure the FBI one is ex-military, the Dodge Sprinter is most likely straight off a dealer lot but retrofitted for emergency use, the Akron Police vehicle is the command vehicle, I have yet to photograph their insertion vehicle/s which from what I have seen in the past are old city used ambulances, and the Cleveland vehicle was purpose built

My country started to produce nice vehicles based on canadian license - KRAZ Kuguar and Spartan (National Guard On photos © Bubi Werbolf ): iml3MrRtjaA.jpg  ZYd1STD8nXQ.jpg

I have never seen a camo like that, I like it

National' ''guard'' unit of the Netherlands police

attachicon.gifDSCN1504.jpg

Command unit of the police in the Netherlands

attachicon.gifDSCN1527.jpg attachicon.gifDSCN1528.jpg

©112Zaanstreek.nl

I have never seen a Netherlands police car and van before, pretty cool

Probably something to do with drug raids, or whatever. Could just be that the US has grants to overequip and overarm police officers if you ask. Several police departments actually have tanks due to grants like this, so I would imagine that their SWAT team is sorta along those lines: Big and unnecessary, but they use it for things that are sort of justifiable

Sadly in the US its relatively easy for police departments to get assault vehicles from the government but they can't get any grants to hire additional officers. You want a tank? Sure! You want to increase manpower and routine patrols? lol sorry bro, no money.

Metropolitan Housing Authority SWAT? What purpose do they serve?

Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority is low income housing, unfortunately, there are some undesirable citizens that move in that have no problem with starting drama and being violent, doing things that are against the law, making and selling drugs, having weapons or selling them even though weapons are banned from all of their properties, there are even young children living with these degenerates.

You dont need much to set off a hostile situation in any low income housing buildings, a swat team also might be necessary to collect a violent suspected criminal from the premises even if nothing has sparked a housing police incident.

Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority is low income housing, unfortunately, there are some undesirable citizens that move in that have no problem with starting drama and being violent, doing things that are against the law, making and selling drugs, having weapons or selling them even though weapons are banned from all of their properties, there are even young children living with these degenerates.

You dont need much to set off a hostile situation in any low income housing buildings, a swat team also might be necessary to collect a violent suspected criminal from the premises even if nothing has sparked a housing police incident.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up! Was confused as to what a Housing Authority was.

I also had no idea what housing authority was. i thought they where council but why would a council have a swat unit but it makes sense now 

I know its not a real vehicle but this thing is almost unstoppable

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's me, greetings from Louisiana!

LSP Tactical Unit:

katrina-swat-team.png

LSP Bearcat:

4612610235_1b73200e63.jpg

My local PD's SRT:

maxresdefault.jpg

They look great, I love the Bearcats