WildcatsMike

[FDNY] 7 Alarm Fire in Brooklyn

There's been a 7 alarm (more than I thought possible) fire in Brooklyn. Paper warehouse caught a blaze.

7 alarms in NY is an EXTREMELY high amount of units. That is at MINIMUM...

• 28 engines
  • 15 ladders
  • 6 battalion chiefs
  • 1 rescue
  • 1 squad
  • 1 deputy chief
  • 1 RAC unit
  • 1 satellite
  • safety battalion
  • SOC battalion
  • 1 tactical support unit
  • field comm
  • Air Recon Chief (on Bklyn box)

More here: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/01/7-alarm-fire-destroys-brooklyn-warehouse-1-injured/

EDIT: Just realized that they're estimated to be there for 2 to 3 weeks. Wow.

bklyn-ware-house-fire.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

The last 7th I can remember was a Brooklyn Apartment building which was hit by lightning. That was during the summer so it wasn't cold as shit and everything wasn't covered in ice and It wasn't a hell of a lot of Paper records. In this case, there was also Marine 6 there and I'm sure plenty of thawing units. (I know I'm jumping around a lot but, whatever) A pub down the street was allowing the members to come in and warm up and have a cup of coffee. There have been some pretty amazing photos around mainly showing helmets and gear caked in Ice.

No 5th alarm isn't. Alarms can keep going and going. In Chicago after 5th alarm you start getting specials. So if it's a 5th alarm with 2 specials it would technically be a 7th alarm. Last year up by Milwaukee Wi there was a 13 alarm fire. But back to Brooklyn there rotating companies out every 6 hours I believe? I could be wrong.