EM4noob

ELS / lights lag

I have a good computer, and the standard edition of EM4 runs fluidly - 60 fps on low settings. It also does a good 30 - 45 fps on LA and Manhattan modifications (when lights are off). However, in these modifications and all of the other ones that I come across and currently have, whenever I turn on the ELS or lights for any vehicle, it causes extreme lag and drops my frames to 2 - 15 fps (depending on how many vehicles have their lights on), so I am forced to play without ELS which isn't as fun to say the truth. 

I have tried many things like adjusting the resolution to the one that my monitor has, decreased the settings to the lowest point, installed game speed softwares and more, but I still have huge lag whenever I turn on the lights in mods.

I'd appreciate if I could get some suggestions or reasons why I have this lag, or ways to get rid of it.

I have a good computer, and the standard edition of EM4 runs fluidly - 60 fps on low settings. It also does a good 30 - 45 fps on LA and Manhattan modifications (when lights are off). However, in these modifications and all of the other ones that I come across and currently have, whenever I turn on the ELS or lights for any vehicle, it causes extreme lag and drops my frames to 2 - 15 fps (depending on how many vehicles have their lights on), so I am forced to play without ELS which isn't as fun to say the truth. 

I have tried many things like adjusting the resolution to the one that my monitor has, decreased the settings to the lowest point, installed game speed softwares and more, but I still have huge lag whenever I turn on the lights in mods.

I'd appreciate if I could get some suggestions or reasons why I have this lag, or ways to get rid of it.

Can you tell us your system specs? Does your game also lag when selecting units?