Hoppah

[HOLD] New York City Modification v2.0

Just an FYI, because of the information provided related to the EMS services, we will be adapting the currently employed system to reflect something similar within the mod.  We will alter their parking to be on the streets as opposed to the hospital where they currently congregate, we have not ruled out adding an EMS station though either, that depends on whether or not we opt to include that particular structure, since from what we've heard they are more for shift changes/restocking the ambulances than actual response from the location.  Though I am sure in instances where coverage is inadequate for an incident (like a larger incident) they probably pull units from the station houses.  Just letting everyone know what we're doing in regards to this particular issue.

The map has one large path that goes east to west, straight across the map, we've actually carved out one building that gets in the way. When they reach the end of that path, they charter in a helicopter to transport them back. That's what the fuel truck is for, the skycrane uses a lot of fuel, so we needed something to refuel it. 

And that's done

Now I don't understand what you're asking, as I've never played that mod, but there's a special route for each car? This mod will feature patrols, but they'll be done in a way that provides accurate coverage of the map. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the intention is there to have unique paths for each car, because there's something like 47 police cars models in this mod, and that's a lot of pathing, but my understanding is there will be numerous paths that units can choose from, similar to the LA Concept, so that it's not jumbling units

I'm just wondering if the Monitor/Deck Gun has been fixed the Satellite, because I know on some other FDNY Mods, it doesn't pivot as it should. for example when the monitor swung around like 45 degree to the centerline of the truck & the base of the Monitor jumps from where it should be to closer to the Cab.

Thanks,

The map has one large path that goes east to west, straight across the map, we've actually carved out one building that gets in the way. When they reach the end of that path, they charter in a helicopter to transport them back. That's what the fuel truck is for, the skycrane uses a lot of fuel, so we needed something to refuel it.

So that's what the fuel truck is for lol ;)

I'm just wondering if the Monitor/Deck Gun has been fixed the Satellite, because I know on some other FDNY Mods, it doesn't pivot as it should. for example when the monitor swung around like 45 degree to the centerline of the truck & the base of the Monitor jumps from where it should be to closer to the Cab.

Thanks,

Well, considering that our satellite is a totally new rig built specifically for this mod we do not have any issue like the one you're referencing. That particular issue only exists because of a defect within the other mods that make use of their model of their cannon, ours does not have this issue to begin with.

Now I don't understand what you're asking, as I've never played that mod, but there's a special route for each car? This mod will feature patrols, but they'll be done in a way that provides accurate coverage of the map. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the intention is there to have unique paths for each car, because there's something like 47 police cars models in this mod, and that's a lot of pathing, but my understanding is there will be numerous paths that units can choose from, similar to the LA Concept, so that it's not jumbling units

47 Police cars wow and yes that's exactly what I was trying to say each car have special route. The car can be parked in HQ, you hit patrol and the vehicle will follow the assigned route. These kind of features adds more quality to the game in my suggestion, but your idea of using LA concept sounds pretty good too.

There are simply far too many vehicles to assign each vehicle their own patrol path routing, in the end they would likely end up causing traffic nightmares having them patrol on paths that would likely intersect other vehicles given the sheer quantity of vehicles we have in this mod and the road structure we have setup.  Remember patrolling vehicles kind of ignore the traffic rules so if two on separate junctions intersect they will run into one another and cause traffic jams.  Having a few patrol paths in sectors of the city should suffice, having individual ones for every potential unit is simply put too much, adds too much weight and given the dumb AI the vehicles show by default, having 40-50 different patrol paths, which you know someone would have ALL of them active at once it is just inviting bugs and glitches.

There are only a few newly added police vehicles, and I was only counting the ones I imagine would be patrolling. 

As Mikey and Hoppah have said before, we're all working on this mod at our own pace. If I'm given a vehicle, it's not urgent rush, it's get it when I'm bored. Likewise with Mikey's models, or Hoppah's scripts. So no, while we don't expect to be hundreds of years, we're not ready to say it'll be soon. We do have a playable version that we're testing, but it's far from a finished product. 

We won't be a bad team that disappears with no release, but we also won't be ready this week

36 Non-unmarked units

4 Esu Unmarked SUVs

8 Highway patrol Unmarked vehicles

12 unmarked NYPD vehicles.

60 Vehicles total from the Police Units.

26 Fire/EMS/Technical Support units.

86 Units total already in the mod, Such is why we're not hard-pressed to keep adding in more vehicles since we've already got so many that are already present.  A few more still may be added into the mix, but they will be because of something different they can do/provide support for if they are added at this point.

Obviously, you need to add every single vehicle from the Department of Sanitation!   /s/

{Real} Has the fire boat been changed in any way? Will it just put out boat fires? Any scenarios you've considered to highlight it with?

Well, to be totally honest there are TWO vehicles in the mod from the department of sanitation, another from DOT!

The large fire boat has gotten more potent than it was in V1, but to be totally honest I am considering changing the model so it isnt an alteration of the default vessel and instead going with a more accurate, more compact vessel.  The requirements for the fire boat in of it's self is not overly required, especially with a satellite present, however, the fire boat does serve a purpose on fires that occur near the shoreline (some of which can get pretty large/out of hand)  Outside of that the large fire boat really does not have any altered use.  The smaller vessels have gained more objectives that require their usage though.

Will the mod use the current vehicle spawn system? (like it is in the released NY mod, can't describe it better) there were the moments when I needed like all 47 units on scene, but the spawn system allowed me to get two marked and some unmarked...

Any chance of getting police barriers and traffic cones, like LA mod has? Any fatal car crash gets better when surrounded nicely with cones and flares.