Hoppah

[HOLD] New York City Modification v2.0

I like the way that Mikey originally described its function to me in the early stages. It'll drown the fire, the victims, the building, and perhaps a few firefighters. That's why there's a boat and a diver in the mod 

Haha, that's a great description! :laugh:

Kinda imagining seeing a random boat outside the large building fires now...

No Tiller in mod. 0/10 Would not play.

Then you won't be playing it, does not hurt our feelings sorry to break it to you.  The tiller mechanics as they currently work simply put, Don't work at all.  Placement to actually use the tiller as it is intended to work (to get into buildings) is extremely problematic, the trailer which is a tiller has absolutely no physics and handles only from the cab, these issues make it unrealistic and more problematic than it is worth.   I'll make a deal with you, make a proper functioning tiller that not only deploys correctly to permit proper entry into upper levels every time, as well as acts with proper physics and behaves like a true tiller and it will be added.. Short of that, feel free to spite yourself and not play the mod because of a vehicle that does not work correctly not being present.  lol... 

Was intended as a joke, yes. I noticed your tower and made a slight at the hook & ladder's absence.

Personally, I liked the way the tiller in the LA Mod operated. However, if it wasn't up to spec. I have no grievences.

(11/10 Best jokes require explanations.)

Sorry then, I missed the joke=/ lol. Yeah I thought about the the tiller because they are popular especially in cities with high-rises, but the issues with the trailer are why I avoid them.  With the tow trucks they had no choice but to make use of a trailer, and given that they only track the trailers when loaded with a car it was more tolerable to me that it doesnt work perfectly.  There were other vehicle types that had trailers along with the tiller I'd like to have made but the way they don't work right made me forego their addition.  So far nobody has found a way to simulate physics on the trailer that doesnt cause problems, particularly reversing as the dumb ai makes required sometimes so watching a cab go through it's trailer always sat poorly with me.  Instead of the tiller ya just have to make do with the Tower and regular Hook and Ladder trucks that NY uses, unless ofc someone figures a workaround to make the physics work and the things able to turn around without getting stuck.  Driving unhindered I could make work quite well, but the minute they have to back up or pull a 180 they'd get stuck somewhere and be totally un-recoverable given the game's AI setup.  It just wasnt meant for tractor trailers =(

Another note; I see you've added FDNY vehicles such as: Collapse Rescue, [what I assume is] Tactical Communications Command, and a third Hazmat unit. From what you've said "every unit serves a purpose", I can assume every unit does jobs others cannot. 

But, I was wondering if NYPD units, such as the ESU Ford/Mack/Expedition(s) or the RMP unmarked vs HWY unmarked would be changed at all.

P.S. Will Counter-Terrorism be more present? I didn't see much other than the NYPD Hummer and "Bomb Disposal" unit [or is that Radiation Detection?].

P.P.S. I just noticed what looks like a[n ESU] tanker truck, care to explain that?

ny_nyc_nypd_esu_3173-1.jpg

Some units have redundant purposes, one of which is the SOC hazmat truck, it already has a vehicle that does its purpose, it just does it more efficiently than the one that was already present.  Most vehicles have some type of special purpose added to them to make them uniquely useful and/or necessary of the ones that were added into the mod.

Appearance wise, the existing vehicles won't be upgraded/changed, but as functions go some of them will gain new features to them which serve some purpose in regards to the mod, most will remain roughly the same though.  The unmarked units tbh they really are just there as toys, so there isnt much sense in changing them around any imo, they are redundant to the marked units, the only ones that may grow in numbers are the ESU ones, the rest there are plenty of em.

Terrorism activity will have some aspects added to it, the LRAD (humvee) is a crowd control device, as is the barricade truck.  They are to deal with organized protests and things like that.  The Bomb disposal vehicle is an additional tool added to correspond to the bomb style incidents and add an additional aspect to the game as an alternative of simply being able to defuse the bomb like clockwork as it was in the original game.

The Tanker is refueling truck, it does have a purpose in the mod, but I won't go too far into what exactly it does as yet.  =) But the thing does have something important it can do to make your life easier.

• Upvote 1

Some units have redundant purposes, one of which is the SOC hazmat truck, it already has a vehicle that does its purpose, it just does it more efficiently than the one that was already present.  Most vehicles have some type of special purpose added to them to make them uniquely useful and/or necessary of the ones that were added into the mod.

Appearance wise, the existing vehicles won't be upgraded/changed, but as functions go some of them will gain new features to them which serve some purpose in regards to the mod, most will remain roughly the same though.  The unmarked units tbh they really are just there as toys, so there isnt much sense in changing them around any imo, they are redundant to the marked units, the only ones that may grow in numbers are the ESU ones, the rest there are plenty of em.

Terrorism activity will have some aspects added to it, the LRAD (humvee) is a crowd control device, as is the barricade truck.  They are to deal with organized protests and things like that.  The Bomb disposal vehicle is an additional tool added to correspond to the bomb style incidents and add an additional aspect to the game as an alternative of simply being able to defuse the bomb like clockwork as it was in the original game.

The Tanker is refueling truck, it does have a purpose in the mod, but I won't go too far into what exactly it does as yet.  =) But the thing does have something important it can do to make your life easier.

I know you won't tell us what it is but you guys have found/made a script where our vehicles have fuel in them and after so long we are gonna have to "fill er up" aren't we.

*sighs* guess I am gonna have to wait to see when this mod comes out if I am right or not you sneaky cheeky guys!!! ;-)

I know you won't tell us what it is but you guys have found/made a script where our vehicles have fuel in them and after so long we are gonna have to "fill er up" aren't we.

*sighs* guess I am gonna have to wait to see when this mod comes out if I am right or not you sneaky cheeky guys!!! ;-)

Um, no. Not exactly. Just thinking, the fuel truck has a 1993 designation for diesel, however the majority of vehicles in emergency services use gasoline. Try again. 

Hell, knowing us, it could be that we want to make it into a vehicle that is used for major fuel spills to cause all sorts of trouble... 

This is a very good looking mod. I used to like the Manhattan Mod of where it showed times square but never could get that mod but this one looks more nice. :happy:

Manhattan mod was a lot of conversions, and had a lot of issues with computers that weren't top of the line (and even some that were), and we looked to make that issue no more. Mikey created every model hand made to work with this game, and it's been a goal to ensure that this works like the regular game, on the majority of systems. 

Since everyone is hung up on that tanker I'll give ya'll a hint, the placard on that truck can change depending on what it's hauling, like any other tanker out there :happy:

Since everyone is hung up on that tanker I'll give ya'll a hint, the placard on that truck can change depending on what it's hauling, like any other tanker out there :happy:

I agree with what MikeyPI said because trucks can haul anything like gas/diesel, retardant( for fires), water( for riots and to refill water tanks), and other needed liquids so you guys decide on what to put inside that tanker

It's absolutely a fuel tanker. I've seen them on Randall's Island to fuel the harbor unit's boats. Though I've never personally seen any assigned/marked ESU I would assume that such are probaby used to fuel portable generators, mobile commands, vehicles in the field. In the mod I'd assume they're for the helecopters.

Edit: The insignia on the in-game tanker may not even be ESU? Aviation has a similar insignia. That's my guess.