Hoppah

[HOLD] New York City Modification v2.0

well thats kinda late, the mod is basically dead.

You're wrong right there. The title stated [HOLD] so not cancelled.. Just not progressing till further notice. And to the creators of this, in this world, there will always be that ONE person who copies and gives no damn about it. We can't fully stop it by doing a law or something because it will just go in a cycle. Well if they do it on this website then it is understandable to stop what their doing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyways, great job but sad to see the thought of getting copied to make quite a erm.. stressful decision I guess.. I hope your will consider it c;

Edited by randomperson139

First off, they didn't move on to other projects, they just stopped this one for the time being. 

And the issue wasn't so much the use by others, as much as the abuse by this forum. That is, members were taking it, demanding their rights to it, and then defending people who took models and used them without permission and credit. The authors of the mod decided as a whole that it is best to step away from it all, let people come to their senses and realize you don't have a right to ANYTHING, especially that which is provided to you for free by someone else. 

Either way, production of this mod is at a standstill right now, it's not completely dead, but it's awaiting a better climate to survive in. 

• Upvote 1

In essence; these folks are making a mod they want to play. The mod they want to play may be fun for everyone to enjoy, not just the mod makers, so they want to release it for all to enjoy. Unfortunately, some people enjoy others' work a little too much and my try to steal all, part, or claim this is their work. When people steal your work, you feel bad, and when you feel bad, you don't want to share your work. Demanding that you get to play their mod also makes them feel bad, because it makes them feel like people only like them for the things they give away, not for what they make.

Have empathy; enjoy what is given to you, and treat those who give, nicely.

"Explain like I'm five."

• Upvote 1

I remember 7 years ago, stumbling upon this site I became instantly glued to it. A week didn't go by that I didn't check the forums. I looked forward to releases from the major players of the time, I was more attached and excited for mod releases for EM4 than I was for most AAA games. I watched this community grow and grow; wonderful content, a happy friendly community that was always willing to help, and a community that respected each other's work. This game and the mods that were created by this community got me interested in my career in public safety and in my career in IT. I Thank you because I learned so much over the years from you guys. I wish more people would open their eyes and appreciate that a group of people take time out of their own lives to produce quality content. This game is one of the most time consuming to mod. Hoppah, Voodoo_Operator, NFK, Stan and Mikey PI were all pioneers of modding this game and turning it into a great community. I don't know what happened that caused this community to end up in the state that it currently is in. I would hate to see something that so many of us have enjoyed over the years be destroyed by the inconsiderate actions of some people. People need to realize this isn't a company producing a game, these are people taking the time out of their life to create a mod for their enjoyment and yours. It isn't owed to you, you're not entitled to it, you didn't pay for it, and most importantly...even though you download the content... you don't own what you don't create or buy. I want the old Emergency-planet back. A credits file is not that hard to create. I/we can only hope that development will continue across this community on the projects that stalled because of unappreciation, but things need to change. It's not the creators faults, it's not the community as a whole fault. It's the lack of appreciation for people's work, lack of respect and common courtesy and severe negativity by a select few. Seriously for the sake of the community can we all just get along. A simple "thank you for you work" also goes a long way. I'll end this by simply saying this: Appreciate what you have before it's gone. Thank you content creators for everything you produce for this community, I know there are others who appreciate it as much I do. Do it for them, and don't focus on the haters.

**P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.**

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2